AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Interview: Thy Will Be Done

Posted by - 05:15 PM on 09/17/12
Read our interview with Thy Will Be Done vocalist J. Costa here. He discusses the band's upcoming EP, Temple, their new album, Eye.On Lion Recordings, the current state of metalcore and more.
From the InterviewWhen I was growing up, there was no internet, there were no laptops, there was no ProTools, and there were fewer bands. My opinion, like anyone else's opinion, is subjective. When we're young and impressionable, we often try and emulate what inspires us until, if we do, grow into ourselves. The new generation has grown up with all these technologies that I didn't have at their age. So, of course new influences beget new trends. How did Black Sabbath or the Bad Brains feel when they first broke out and no one really embraced them? They both did their own thing, made music they wanted to make. I think that's all an artist of any medium ever wants to do. They tend to not acknowledge trends if they're ultimately following their muse.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
09:32 PM on 09/17/12
owenleack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This guy does a killer Christopher Walken impression
10:13 AM on 09/18/12
ThisCutIsDeep
True romance is dead.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This guy does a killer Christopher Walken impression

My sister took promo pictures for them 3 or 4 years ago and he keeping doing that impression during the whole shoot. it killed me. So spot on.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos