AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.

Nick McKerl - 09.18.12

Interviewed by: Jeremy Aaron (09/18/12)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Nick McKerl

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nick-M...03946979659844

1. How did you get your band name?

Easy, my first name followed by my mother's maiden name, Nicolas McKerl.

2. How did this band get started?

Even as I was playing in several bands I was writing songs for myself, I decided to release a few of them when my hard drive was too full for me to record any more, so I released an EP & people seemed to like them. From then on I decided I'd keep on going, that's how I got the ball rolling!

3. What bands are you influenced by?

I'd say U2 has to be my biggest band influence. As for artists, Michael Jackson, James blunt, the list is long. I like to say anything from Mozart to Blink 182.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

Michael "King of Pop" Jackson, he has some slick dance moves, as for why, just listen to the man!

5. Best food to eat on tour?

Burger King & cream cheese and cucumber sandwiches. Nothing beats a home cooked meal though.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

Because they might like my songs, and if not they can all have a good laugh at how bad they think they are! I put a lot of myself into my music, so they might be able to relate to things I had to say in the songs. And last but not least, to have a good time!

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Sidney Crosby or Wayne Gretzky.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

People who took the time to listen to my music, who believed in me, and mostly anyone who has ever inspired me in any way.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

I'd rather change people's way of seeing it than changing it. It has it's flaws and advantages, I think I'd rather change the way people consider music in general.

10. Memorable tour experience?

An 8 hour walk in the freezing cold from one isle to another across a bridge and back.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

A great way of discovering young fresh talents and keeping up to speed with what's going on.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

Do You Believe

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Anywhere cold where they have a good Piņa Colada!

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Lene Marlyn, David Byrne, U2

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

To be able to wish for, and be granted anything I wanted. Why? So i could have more than one superpower!

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

Just heavy breathing, sneak peak at the crowd and stretching, the rest is a secret!

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

I make a mean cocktail!

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

Depends on what country we are talking about, but I'd say you can get airplayed in most places, maybe not on top FM airwaves but you can still find internet radios or small stations that play something else except for the top 40's. There are lot's of bands and few free spots but if you put your back into it.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Write music & play ice hockey.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

I can belly dance, wiggle my ears and nostrils, imitate different accents and oh, I make a mean banana milkshake!

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News