AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

04:58 PM on 09/19/12 
User Info.
(l,k)
hate on me then you hate success
No Avatar Selected
You could have avoided all of this if you just waited for Ron and his brothers to come pick you up with the flying car.

Don't you ride a broom..? Get over it.

hahaha good stuff
05:22 PM on 09/19/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
i got to "don't stop at a solid yellow" and realized that you must not have red light cameras in wizard land
you need not stop at yellow. You only stop at red.

There's no law in the US that says stop at yellow. Nor does it say slow down at yellow. A solid yellow at a traffic light simply warns that the related green movement is ending or that a red indication will be shown immediately thereafter.
05:27 PM on 09/19/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old
Running a red light means the light is red and the vehicle has yet to pass the marked limit line, or enter the cross walk. If the light is red but you enter the crosswalk or pass the limit line prior to it turning red then technically you didn't run a red light and you will not be ticketed, nor will the camera take a picture of your plate--even if you are driving through the intersection and the light is red.

Just break the plane before red and you'll be good. And most of all, if it was raining and your traffic lights stop working and you come to an intersection where you have a flashing yellow, please don't stop. Just drive through with caution. The intersecting light will have a flashing red and those there will only be allowed to go when they see that it's clear. If you're at the flashing red, don't treat it like a stop sign and just stop and go. Wait until it's clear and then proceed, because again, the people with the yellow must not stop. Only a dork will stop. Unfortunately these rules are things people don't know.

Cheers
05:49 PM on 09/19/12 
User Info.
Keri
I can't stand people who go slow in the left lane on the highway. Not only are they in the way, but they are a hazard. I just want to get to my destination, so get out of my way please.
06:51 PM on 09/19/12 
User Info.
sjb2k1
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
you need not stop at yellow. You only stop at red.

There's no law in the US that says stop at yellow. Nor does it say slow down at yellow. A solid yellow at a traffic light simply warns that the related green movement is ending or that a red indication will be shown immediately thereafter.
and again i say, you must not have red light cameras at hogwarts. not worth the chance of a ticket
07:56 PM on 09/19/12 
User Info.
Alison1488
____
Female - 26 Years Old
and again i say, you must not have red light cameras at hogwarts. not worth the chance of a ticket

Agreed. By my college they put in red light cameras, and even if you were already pulled out in the intersection, waiting to make a left when the light turned red, you'd get ticketed. That light was so sensitive and so many people got ticketed that they removed it after a year. It got to the point that people wouldn't pull up into the intersection to make a left, for fear of getting caught when the light changed. One car per green light got through. It caused more traffic than bettered it.
08:01 AM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
heyguys123
NJ
Male - 28 Years Old
Running a red light means the light is red and the vehicle has yet to pass the marked limit line, or enter the cross walk. If the light is red but you enter the crosswalk or pass the limit line prior to it turning red then technically you didn't run a red light and you will not be ticketed, nor will the camera take a picture of your plate--even if you are driving through the intersection and the light is red.

Just break the plane before red and you'll be good. And most of all, if it was raining and your traffic lights stop working and you come to an intersection where you have a flashing yellow, please don't stop. Just drive through with caution. The intersecting light will have a flashing red and those there will only be allowed to go when they see that it's clear. If you're at the flashing red, don't treat it like a stop sign and just stop and go. Wait until it's clear and then proceed, because again, the people with the yellow must not stop. Only a dork will stop. Unfortunately these rules are things people don't know.

Cheers

this is assuming that red light cameras are designed to enforce exactly what the law is, rather than something more stringent. in jersey, the law only says that you need to come to a complete stop before making a right on red, but many cameras will give you a ticket if you're not at a complete stop for at least 3 seconds.
09:41 AM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
Cereal_Killer
We suck, I know. SHUT UP!
Nu Yawk Shitty
Male - 25 Years Old
Don't you ride a broom..? Get over it.
09:42 AM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
Man this thread is condescending.
09:52 AM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
Fringe
highfive
Male - 19 Years Old

Haha, I usually skip over it. It sucks the most when someone quotes me so I get all excited expecting to read something about some interesting thing I said but instead it's a HP joke.

You're Canadian, you know how to drive...and merge.

And Happy Birthday, from your friendly neighborhood Potter

Thank ya!
10:33 AM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
bung
Peel slowly and see
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 26 Years Old
I've gotten pulled over for going through a yellow light because, apparently, I "should've stopped."

But:

Fuck people who don't use their blinker.
Fuck people who don't pull out into the intersection to make a left turn on a green.
Fuck people who won't make right turns on reds (even when there's no sign saying not to).
Fuck people who drive significantly under the speed limit in the left lane.

Those are all the complaints I have for the moment.
05:29 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
Holly HoX!
BLVD OF LINDEN
Male
07:30 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old

Cheers

I've never seen a flashing yellow light. The only flashing yellow light I've seen are like if you're coming around a turn and it's just a warning light telling you there's a traffic light ahead.

I also don't know where it is that you live, but where I live, you must treat a flashing red light like a stop sign. It even said so in the drivers handbook. Plus if a traffic light has a flashing red, the rest of the intersection will as well. I've never seen it where one direction will have a flashing yellow and the other flashing red or whatever you're talking about.
07:40 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
If you live in LA, no one signals, and everyone drives crazy and always honking because they're always in a rush to go somewhere.
11:37 PM on 09/20/12 
User Info.
HarryPotter
No Avatar Selected
Hogwarts
Male - 27 Years Old

Agreed. By my college they put in red light cameras, and even if you were already pulled out in the intersection, waiting to make a left when the light turned red, you'd get ticketed. That light was so sensitive and so many people got ticketed that they removed it after a year. It got to the point that people wouldn't pull up into the intersection to make a left, for fear of getting caught when the light changed. One car per green light got through. It caused more traffic than bettered it.

I've never seen a flashing yellow light. The only flashing yellow light I've seen are like if you're coming around a turn and it's just a warning light telling you there's a traffic light ahead.

I also don't know where it is that you live, but where I live, you must treat a flashing red light like a stop sign. It even said so in the drivers handbook. Plus if a traffic light has a flashing red, the rest of the intersection will as well. I've never seen it where one direction will have a flashing yellow and the other flashing red or whatever you're talking about.
this will happen in most cities if bad weather messes with the traffic system

If at an intersection you see that, the other light, if in order, will have a flashing red.

You may also see the below image. all 4 angles cannot be flashing yellow or you'll end up in a world of shit. You'll have flashing red going the other direction. If you haven't noticed this then.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos