Password

Album Review
Little Legends - Little Legends EP Album Cover

Little Legends - Little Legends EP

Reviewed by
Little LegendsLittle Legends EP
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: April 24thth, 2012
Indie-rock is a genre I enjoy quite a bit, and it’s not often I find indie-rock bands from my state, which is Wisconsin. The Midwest is a pretty good place for music, but Wisconsin really isn’t. So, I was quite ecstatic to found out about Madison, WI indie outfit Little Legends. They’ve been a band for a little more than a year, so they haven’t been around too long, but earlier this year, they released their debut EP. So, how is it? It’s quite enjoyable, honestly; they’re a bit different, but still wonderful.

The EP starts off with “Saints,” which is a song they put up for free download awhile back. I can see why this was chosen as a single. It really shows what the band is made out of. They’re not your average indie band, however. That’s the most interesting part about them. I love their instrumentation on this track. It’s different, and I know I’ve said that a lot, but it’s really true. I can’t express that enough. There are a lot of different styles in this song alone. Grunge, indie, and rock are some things I hear. I like the lyrics of this track, too, and if you listen to this song, I’m sure you’ll be hooked.

Next track “Heartbreak” starts off with an interesting vocal effect that makes the vocals echo, and it sounds really cool through headphones, actually; the overall track has an oddly alt-country vibe, thanks to the guitar-work. As for the rest of the EP (which is only five songs total) is actually quite great. The first couple tracks really set the stage for the EP, and it’s quite nice. “Sundown” is another enjoyable track; it’s about dusk, but it still has a very nice bright sound to it. Last track, “Sunshine,” has the opposite title of the track prior, and it’s also an acoustic track, which ends out the EP quite nicely.

This isn’t your average indie band, as I mentioned earlier. With every genre, you do have bands who are quite generic, but also ones who stick out. Little Legends is a band who certainly do stick out. I’m surprised they’re not more popular than they are. However, they’re not the best band I’ve ever heard, and I’ll admit that. I do really like them, though, and I’d like to hear more from these guys soon.

Recommended If You Like Manchester Orchestra, The Black Keys, Bon Iver, indie-rock

Additional Information
Track Listing:
1. Saints
2. Heartbreak
3. Lonely
4. Sundown
5. Sunshine

Little Legend is:
Brandy John Tudor
Joseph Copeland
Robbie Schiller
Daniel Jin

www.facebook.com/littlelegendsmusic
This review is a user submitted review from justbradley. You can see all of justbradley's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version