AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Inside AP.net

AP.net Interview: Set It Off

Posted by: Christian Wagner (09/21/12)
Check out our interview with Set It Off here.
In This InterviewPeople refer to co-writes as if it's such a dirty word because it's not just you, and that's bullshit. Because what people don't understand is that's like saying "I taught myself how to draw and I'm never going to learn from someone else."

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11.
05:21 AM on 09/21/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
New record is phenomenal. Go get it!
05:46 AM on 09/21/12
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
New record is phenomenal. Go get it!

Fantastic Interview for an amazing band, I really loved that you had the entire band there and they all got their say. Cinematics is so good.
06:39 AM on 09/21/12
mattplayscheap
plays with squirrels
User Info.
This band is so close to it's fan its insane! I've never seen a band so attached to their listeners. Its both a good and bad thing.

They really a great group of guys and they work very hard and deserve all they achieve. My band plays with them everytime they're in town.
07:05 AM on 09/21/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Fantastic Interview for an amazing band, I really loved that you had the entire band there and they all got their say. Cinematics is so good.
Thank you man! Glad you enjoyed the interview.
09:11 AM on 09/21/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
I'm hearing more good things ABOUT this band, rather than FROM it. I can not stand the singer's voice and from comparing their older material to now, it doesn't sound anything like a natural progression. Just my opinion, like what you like.
09:38 AM on 09/21/12
cjudge90
User Info.
I'd just like to point out that the quote in the blurb is a non-sequitur. Co-writes are not "learning to draw from others." They're having others come in and help you do your drawing. Not saying co-writes are bad, just that the analogy doesn't work.

On-topic, mixed feelings on this band. I agree with the poster above about Cody's voice being pretty fucking annoying. They seem like cool guys though, so they have my respect.
09:54 AM on 09/21/12
racethesun
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
that analogy doesn't add up... If you can't write you're own songs, you shouldn't be a songwriter plain and simple.
12:20 PM on 09/21/12
flo teezy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This band is so close to it's fan its insane! I've never seen a band so attached to their listeners. Its both a good and bad thing.

They really a great group of guys and they work very hard and deserve all they achieve. My band plays with them everytime they're in town.
how in the world is that a bad thing.. and anyone who doesnt like codys voice can kick rocks
12:49 PM on 09/21/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
his voice is pretty damn annoying. the bits of this were pretty good
02:13 PM on 09/22/12
pepster50
User Info.
sick album... his voice is NOT annoying. you people are crazy
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE