Username
Password
Fearless Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fearless Records
Inside AP.net

Motionless In White Detail New Album

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (09/21/12)
Motionless In White will release Infamous on November 13th via Fearless Records. The first single, "Devil's Night," will be released on September 25th; listen to a clip in the replies.

Track Listing
1. Black Damask (The Fog)

2. Devil's Night

3. A-M-E-R-I-C-A

4. Burned At Both Ends

5. The Divine Infection

6. Puppets 2 (The Rain) (Ft. Bjorn Speed Strid of Soilwork) 

7. Sinematic

8. If It's Dead, We'll Kill It (Ft. Brandan Schieppati of Bleeding Through)

9. Synthetic Love 

10. Hatefuck

11. Underdog

12. Infamous

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 77.
07:04 AM on 09/21/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

Message from Chris MotionlessPeople really need to start accepting the fact that musically and vocally, Motionless In White, in a lot of ways, are not the same band anymore. Infamous comes out in less than 2 months and I feel more and more like people are expecting “Creatures 2”. Yes, there are a lot of elements from Creatures on this new record, but for the most part.. We have evolved and I can promise you that you have NO idea what you’re about to hear. However, rest assured that you will not be disappointed if you don’t go into it with any negative preconceptions. I would kill myself if I wrote another record that people kept comparing to bands like “The Devil Wears Prada”, “Black Veil Brides” or “A Day To Remember” like they did with Creatures. Those kinds of bands are in NO WAY WHATSOEVER our influences or what we strive to sound like. You can expect more Metalcore, Industrial, Nu Metal and even Rock influences from this record, not just breakdown after breakdown followed by a chorus than an even more “br00tal” breakdown. Fuck that.

Stop worrying about shit that you shouldn’t be worried about and making stupid comments before you’ve heard as a whole. Stop trying to immediately compare it to other bands and just fucking enjoy it. There are no such thing as rules when it comes to creating art in any form. If there were, a LOT of things you love about it wouldn’t exist. It’s music. it’s most basic reasoning for existing is for your entertainment. If you don’t like it, thats fine. I understand that people have a hard time digesting change. Instead of making assumptions based off of 1 song you’ve heard, wait till you hear the whole thing and go from there. To put it more simply… Open your mind before your mouth.

Motionless In White will always be the same band at heart and regardless of how different the music may sound at times, the basic foundation of what we are, will always be found in our songs. If anything, the lyrics i wrote for this record top ANYTHING on Creatures. I stopped writing through the eyes of movie and literary characters and started writing more through my own and those of our fans and people in general. I hear so much from people about how my lyrics helped them and made an impact on their life.. so needless to say, I really stepped up my game on that end. Not every song on the record is entirely different than Creatures, but a lot of them are. You’ll just have to wait and hear for yourself. We are a band about taking risks and not giving a shit what people have to say about it. This record is a prime example of that.

We’ve evolved, come with us.
07:07 AM on 09/21/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I do give these guys props for trying to separate themselves from other heavier bands from the scene.
07:14 AM on 09/21/12
RabidNewz
User Info.
My first thought after reading this:

"Geez, 'Hatefuck' is such an intelligent song title."

But yeah, props to these guys. Not my cup of tea, but I know they're pretty rad to their fans.
07:21 AM on 09/21/12
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
User Info.
Clip sounds cool, def interested to hear the whole thing after reading this
07:24 AM on 09/21/12
johnnyferris
5 LARGE PIZZAS
User Info.
Really interested in this. I loved Chris' post.
07:36 AM on 09/21/12
ChaseTx
Entitled user
User Info.
Kind of a bad move, throwing out negativity to other popular bands in the scene. Especially TDWP, who are a lot more respected now than they used to be.
07:43 AM on 09/21/12
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
User Info.

Full song leaked, def some slipknot elements in there
07:44 AM on 09/21/12
cowlord
stahp
User Info.
I do not like this band. Sounded pretty bad at Warped too.
07:44 AM on 09/21/12
Lightsout911X
Expect me standing tall
User Info.
Kind of a bad move, throwing out negativity to other popular bands in the scene. Especially TDWP, who are a lot more respected now than they used to be.
Yeah. This.
07:54 AM on 09/21/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Oof.
07:57 AM on 09/21/12
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
I don't understand how most of my friends transitioned from bands like Haste The Day and Thursday to this shitfest.
08:11 AM on 09/21/12
seankane
User Info.
i hate that this band is from my hometown

at least we've got title fight to maintain some credibility
08:17 AM on 09/21/12
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
"We wear makeup and write songs about people not taking us seriously"
08:32 AM on 09/21/12
aradiantsunrise
i'm not as dumb as i am
User Info.
Pretty ignorant. Prada's latest album surprised a lot of people and it doesn't seem like they even heard it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests