Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 74 of 74
09:36 PM on 09/21/12
mycol
I forgot what I was going to say.
User Info.
he's clearly stating that "Those bands" are just breakdown after breakdown followed by a chorus THEN an even more brutal breakdown. He then says FUCK THAT. Which is implying fuck that kind of music. Which is implying fuck those bands. I don't see any other way to have interpreted this haha.
He's clearly stating that their last record was "just breakdown after breakdown followed by a chorus than an even more “br00tal” breakdown." The "Fuck that" was in regards to their last record being compared to bands like TDWP only because he doesn't want to sound like them, not because he thinks they suck but because that isn't where he draws his influences from. I honestly don't understand why you would assume he's talking shit about other bands and not about his own previous material, since he is talking about his own evolution after all.
12:31 AM on 09/22/12
BobDylanismyman
OhShitIGotAHeadRush
User Info.
He's clearly stating that their last record was "just breakdown after breakdown followed by a chorus than an even more “br00tal” breakdown." The "Fuck that" was in regards to their last record being compared to bands like TDWP only because he doesn't want to sound like them, not because he thinks they suck but because that isn't where he draws his influences from. I honestly don't understand why you would assume he's talking shit about other bands and not about his own previous material, since he is talking about his own evolution after all.
i feel like Im arguing with a christian about the bible. Let's agree to disagree:) I hope their new album does well, for me, at this point, i support anything anything thats not pop dance tween club music.
02:37 AM on 09/22/12
SupMikecheck
The Official @SupMikecheck
User Info.
Really love these guys im stoked
09:59 AM on 09/22/12
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
Seriously??? WTF At that band statement. Yall are literally ten times worse than any sort of description you could conjure up about your peers whom you copied because theres money to be made in a shitty genre.

Only young scene girls like this band.
11:27 AM on 09/22/12
WarmThoughts
You wont break my mind just yet,
User Info.
Kind of a bad move, throwing out negativity to other popular bands in the scene. Especially TDWP, who are a lot more respected now than they used to be.
Which is funny because I think their oldest two albums are positively their best work, so much more unique then the boring metal core they release now.
11:49 AM on 09/22/12
ChaseTx
Which is funny because I think their oldest two albums are positively their best work, so much more unique then the boring metal core they release now.
part of it is because their fanbase has gone from teens to young adults, so their views are better respected. When I was in high school, it wasn't cool among the music crowd to like NFG and stuff... now they're considered some kind of classic around here
12:09 PM on 09/22/12
WarmThoughts
User Info.
part of it is because their fanbase has gone from teens to young adults, so their views are better respected. When I was in high school, it wasn't cool among the music crowd to like NFG and stuff... now they're considered some kind of classic around here
It makes me sad that rap so dominates highschool youth these days, at least it did in my time in highschool (2 years ago). I do like rap but EVERYONE would just respond to the question of which music they liked with "Errr I dunno, top 40s?" Even here in college people love their top 40s, sadness.
12:37 PM on 09/22/12
ChaseTx
It makes me sad that rap so dominates highschool youth these days, at least it did in my time in highschool (2 years ago). I do like rap but EVERYONE would just respond to the question of which music they liked with "Errr I dunno, top 40s?" Even here in college people love their top 40s, sadness.
there's nothing wrong with that if they legitimately enjoy it. There's not a lot of highly accessible rock that appeals to teens right now. But the general populous don't care as much about music as those of us who spend our free time online discovering and discussing new music.
01:30 PM on 09/22/12
WarmThoughts
User Info.
there's nothing wrong with that if they legitimately enjoy it. There's not a lot of highly accessible rock that appeals to teens right now. But the general populous don't care as much about music as those of us who spend our free time online discovering and discussing new music.
They just listened to it because it was what everyone liked, and its nice to sway too when your at a party or something, but every time I went I would loooonnngggg for good music, it sucked. But ya your right.
11:26 PM on 09/22/12
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
props for having the balls to say something a lot of users won't dare say. I like some of their stuff but a lot of it I can't get into at all.
11:28 PM on 09/22/12
wtfjaked
Tortoise Tamer
User Info.
Nice Psychosocial cover. also, who would EVER compare ADTR to Motionless in White? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
12:16 AM on 09/23/12
despairfactor
User Info.
Kind of a bad move, throwing out negativity to other popular bands in the scene. Especially TDWP, who are a lot more respected now than they used to be.
You took the comment wrong. They arent dissing those bands, they are just saying that they arent their influences and are just tired of being compared to bands like that because thats not them.
12:24 AM on 09/23/12
despairfactor
User Info.
he wasn't talking shit on those bands??? and I quote..

"I would kill myself if I wrote another record that people kept comparing to bands like “The Devil Wears Prada”, “Black Veil Brides” or “A Day To Remember” like they did with Creatures. Those kinds of bands are in NO WAY WHATSOEVER our influences or what we strive to sound like. You can expect more Metalcore, Industrial, Nu Metal and even Rock influences from this record, not just breakdown after breakdown followed by a chorus than an even more “br00tal” breakdown. Fuck that."

he's clearly stating that "Those bands" are just breakdown after breakdown followed by a chorus THEN an even more brutal breakdown. He then says FUCK THAT. Which is implying fuck that kind of music. Which is implying fuck those bands. I don't see any other way to have interpreted this haha.

Although I have heard that the singer is and has always been way into Manson/Slipknot esque stuff so maybe they've decided to stop trying to make the little monkey idiots happy and do shit more true to their roots. Most bands that are in this genre openly express that they are not influenced by this genre. Which is also funny. How about everyone do this and we can get back to good old dangerous ass heavy fuckin metal. Just a thought. Clip sounds like slipknot but I'd rather they sound like that than anything they've released to this point. (other than their Rob Zombie cover which obviously goes with my above statement)

No. Hes clearly just stating that he doesnt want to be compared to those bands because he wants his band to be his own band. He wants his band to sound like Motionless In White. Not a band that sounds like this band or that band. NO WHERE in the post does he say fuck that kind of music. You read this whole thing so wrong.
10:12 PM on 11/28/12
SBukauskas
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"We are a band about taking risks and not giving a shit what people have to say about it."

Wow, congratulations on reading the whole post and then voicing your opinion. Oh wait, you must not have, because if you did you would have realized that THEY DON'T CARE!!!! I'm clearly not Chris nor do I have the authority to speak for him, but I feel that he wouldn't care to have fan's that don't have the common sense to not say "Ohh, that's offensive" when clearly they could give less of a shit.

Open your mind before your mouth.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version