Oh god, what a bummer...

Hope he recovers soon...
01:04 PM on 09/23/12
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
"Surprising."

- said no one ever.

Doesn't this guy have kids and a family? Stop using/abusing whatever it is you are addicted to, stop throwing hissy fits on stage, and just be loyal to your fan base. It gets to the point where no one gives a fuck how punk rock you are at 40.
01:06 PM on 09/23/12
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
User Info.
that's one way to promote those upcoming albums!
01:07 PM on 09/23/12
leftapart
User Info.
Doesn't this guy have kids and a family? Stop using/abusing whatever it is you are addicted to, stop throwing hissy fits on stage, and just be loyal to your fan base. It gets to the point where no one gives a fuck how punk rock you are at 40.

My thoughts exactly. He's getting too old to be pulling this kind of shit. It's especially bad timing considering their new album comes out Tuesday. I wouldn't be surprised if they went on a hiatus after touring in support of the new album.
01:08 PM on 09/23/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
Damn, I really thought their set was cut short. I was on his side with this but oh well. At least he's getting treatment now.
This is kinda what happened. Lets say Usher was to perform from 9-930 and GD was going on from 945-1015. Usher went til about 950. Green Day took the stage at 10. They cut their set at 1015 because that was the time they had until. Can't blame the promoters. You can only blame Usher or the person who didn't alert Usher that he was over.
ChaseTx
I wonder what substances? I always thought he had his head on pretty straight
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
"Surprising."

- said no one ever.

its so easy to say those things as an onlooker. addiction isn't easy to deal with.
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Oh man. It's great to see that Billie is taking the initiative. Good luck to him.
Highly doubt he has any part of that decision
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
I wonder what substances? I always thought he had his head on pretty straight
based on his tirade, id say blow. could be alcohol though.
01:09 PM on 09/23/12
thisgeneration
Someone stole my future in my sleep
User Info.
I wish him the best. This guy is a pretty big inspiration to me music wise. Hopefully he can make a full recovery soon.
01:09 PM on 09/23/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
My thoughts exactly. He's getting too old to be pulling this kind of shit. It's especially bad timing considering their new album comes out Tuesday. I wouldn't be surprised if they went on a hiatus after touring in support of the new album.
It's AWESOME timing considering the album is coming out Tuesday. I would assume a few thousand copies more will be sold now, if not many more
01:10 PM on 09/23/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
Did alcohol ever get the better of him before? I'm not a huge fan but when I saw them live, BJA wasn't slurring his words. I'm wondering maybe it's the iHeart people threatening not to pay them because of his antics?
01:11 PM on 09/23/12
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
Highly doubt he has any part of that decision
Let's just hope he doesn't go on a big tirade about being forced before Dos.
01:11 PM on 09/23/12
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
Did alcohol ever get the better of him before? I'm not a huge fan but when I saw them live, BJA wasn't slurring his words. I'm wondering maybe it's the iHeart people threatening not to pay them because of his antics?
He's gotten a DUI before, but he's been pretty sane.
01:12 PM on 09/23/12
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
alcohol isn't the only substance there is to abuse, you know.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos