Username
Password
Album Info. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

Scott Walker's New Album Gets Title and Release Date

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (09/24/12)
Scott Walker's new album will be called Bish Bosch and it will be released on December 3rd via 4AD.

Submitted by StepsInADance

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11.
07:50 AM on 09/24/12
demetrios
How It Feels to Be Something On
User Info.
My mind is prepared to be blown...again.
08:41 AM on 09/24/12
StepsInADance
http://taeyeonlogic.tumblr.com/
User Info.
Without a doubt an AOTY contender. He'd have to really mess up for it not to be.
09:41 AM on 09/24/12
jmm5149
User Info.
Unions in Wisconsin are gonna be pissed.
01:36 PM on 09/24/12
Metal Now
Talking about the second and third
User Info.
I have a friend called Scott Walker. This isn't him.

I'm pretty drunk
02:18 PM on 09/24/12
kemichels
I drove through ghosts to get here.
User Info.
Terrible fucking name.
02:33 PM on 09/24/12
StepsInADance
User Info.
Terrible fucking name.
This is a joke right?

EDIT: Nevermind, I imagine you're talking about the album title and not his name, thought you were implying that he was named after the Wisconsin Governor. Although the meaning behind the name is kind of interesting.
02:46 PM on 09/24/12
kemichels
User Info.
This is a joke right?

EDIT: Nevermind, I imagine you're talking about the album title and not his name, thought you were implying that he was named after the Wisconsin Governor. Although the meaning behind the name is kind of interesting.
Lol semi-joking. I know he's not named after the Wisconsin Governor, but whenever I see the name Scott Walker, I instantly get mad (i'm from Wisconsin, parents got fucked over by his actions, etc etc, lol). Is there a meaning behind the name? or is this actually this guy's name. I've never heard of this band, but sounds like people are really looking forward to this. Any RIYLs you can offer
02:53 PM on 09/24/12
StepsInADance
User Info.
Lol semi-joking. I know he's not named after the Wisconsin Governor, but whenever I see the name Scott Walker, I instantly get mad (i'm from Wisconsin, parents got fucked over by his actions, etc etc, lol). Is there a meaning behind the name? or is this actually this guy's name. I've never heard of this band, but sounds like people are really looking forward to this. Any RIYLs you can offer
It's actually one guy and Scott Walker is his artistic name which he adopted back in the 60s (so no relation to the Wisconsin Governor). He used to play in a popular 60s rock group called The Walker Brothers and after he went solo he kept the Walker in his name.

His music has had a variety of sounds. He originally started out as like a singer/songwriter who wrote about nonconventional topics and utilized an orchestra for all of his albums. With every album he kept moving away from pop music and now he dwells in the avant-garde so it's hard to give a RIYL. His music is definitely intense and out there, very unsettling. I guess people can really not attach themselves to it because of how experimental it can get sometimes or they can just really love it. Regardless he's an artist worth hearing.
03:01 PM on 09/24/12
kemichels
User Info.
It's actually one guy and Scott Walker is his artistic name which he adopted back in the 60s (so no relation to the Wisconsin Governor). He used to play in a popular 60s rock group called The Walker Brothers and after he went solo he kept the Walker in his name.

His music has had a variety of sounds. He originally started out as like a singer/songwriter who wrote about nonconventional topics and utilized an orchestra for all of his albums. With every album he kept moving away from pop music and now he dwells in the avant-garde so it's hard to give a RIYL. His music is definitely intense and out there, very unsettling. I guess people can really not attach themselves to it because of how experimental it can get sometimes or they can just really love it. Regardless he's an artist worth hearing.
Well I can get down with that. Thanks for the thoughtful explanation. Will check him out!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS