AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Contest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Contest
Inside AP.net

AP.net Contest: The Vaccines "Come of Age"...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (09/25/12)
We've made it to week 4 of our "Come of Age Contest." As stated last week, our friends The Vaccines have a new album Come of Age releasing on October 2nd (out now in the UK). In the weeks leading up to the U.S. release date, we will be giving a signed copy of the new album, with a big prize pack being the ultimate prize the week of release. The previous weeks' winners will be contacted later today, but in the meantime check the replies for this week's question and whomever gives us the answer we like best will walk away with a signed copy of Come of Age. You can also pre-order the album here. Make sure to come back here next week for another opportunity to win.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 50.
10:31 AM on 09/25/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
Week 4 QuestionWhat was the first concert you went to? Best answer wins a signed “Come of Age” CD.
10:33 AM on 09/25/12
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
User Info.
Warped Tour 05

Got there and the first band playing was The Starting Line and that propelled them to my favorite band and ultimately to this username. It was awesome
10:37 AM on 09/25/12
lenfantvon
User Info.
I went to MSI in 2008. There was definitely an interesting bunch of people there. I ended up moshing for the first time and lost one of my shoes. \m/
10:43 AM on 09/25/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
The first concert that I ever actually went to and stayed through was The Killers at Madison Square Garden in 2009 during their Day and Age tour.
10:51 AM on 09/25/12
zep_jamb
Ridiculously Adequate
User Info.
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "Coming Out of Their Shells" tour in 1990! 4 years old and thought it was the greatest thing I had ever seen!
11:02 AM on 09/25/12
FortheLP
User Info.
Blink 182 on the TOYPAJ tour.
11:32 AM on 09/25/12
Lirr168
isn't racist - he has color tv
User Info.
The Starting Line's Screaming is for Babies tour in '06. I went to see them and Cartel (and they both killed it), but I instantly fell in love with The Suicide Pact after seeing them open; I'm 25 now and still walking around with a promo sticker Charlie gave me on the front of my wallet.
11:39 AM on 09/25/12
luvsickcatalyst
wander eyes, ocean high.
User Info.
New Found Glory in 2004. My cousin almost ran over 3/5ths of the band across the street from the venue. Jordan and Cyrus slid on the car Dukes-of-Hazzard-style and Chad kind of waved as if it was no big deal we almost rammed our bumper straight into his legs. They waved back to me when I yelled apologies and I will always remember it as the day I met and almost murdered my favorite band.
12:28 PM on 09/25/12
njsuccessstory
The '59 Sound
User Info.
New Found Glory acoustic in a Virgin Megastore (remember those?) after Coming Home just came out. Today, it's still one of my favorite NFG records so seeing the songs live was really special.

Really hope I win one of these Vaccines albums. Their last one rules and so have the songs I've heard so far from this.
01:20 PM on 09/25/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
2001: Sum 41, Unwritten Law and G.O.B.

"Tour of the Rising Sum" at The Quest, Minneapolis
02:45 PM on 09/25/12
SSLYBY
Back in the saddle.
User Info.
All-American Rejects. We had upper row seats at the assembly hall and we traded some girls for pit tickets with some cash. Boys like Girls opened and I had never heard of them, then the Format played and it was the first time I had heard them and fell in love, then Motion City Soundtrack came and that was the main reason I went. Then AAR came on and during the set Tyson threw out a blow up doll and I caught it and Tyson started talking to me and they shined a spotlight on me. Later the concert ended and Tyson threw his shoe and my friend faught off two crazy girls for it. Was such a blast really made me start going to concerts all the time since that first show was so fun.

PS. Seen the Vaccines live at Lollapalooza last year and they were amazing. So glad I had heard people talk about them on AP that made me go see them. So good live.
04:06 PM on 09/25/12
PatVaughn
Mr. Chainsaw
User Info.
My first show was Collective Soul in 1996. I was 9 and the tickets were a Valentine's Day gift from my mom.

I've been patiently waiting for this album to release in the U.S. I love the Vaccines!
04:23 PM on 09/25/12
AbbeyCarbs
We're just kids on the run.
User Info.
November 5, 2005. Simple Plan headlining Tsongas Arena in Lowell, MA.

The openers were Plain White T's, Straylight Run, and Paramore. Had no idea who any of them were at the time, but it's a pretty crazy lineup looking back.
06:39 PM on 09/25/12
tokyo2point0
tokyo2point0
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, Colour Revolt, and New Regime @ House of Blues Orlando. Everyone was great! It was good to see Thursday before the hiatus, and Adam Lazzara of TBS walked right into the crowd where I was standing! Pretty sweet for a first show.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS