AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

TV News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Cassadee Pope On The Voice Tonight

Posted by - 02:23 PM on 09/25/12
Cassadee Pope (Ex-Hey Monday) will be on The Voice tonight.

Submitted by Playsw/Squirels

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 62
02:25 PM on 09/25/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
The name of the user that submitted this is far more interesting the actual news.

Hurray. Another former major label singer is treading water trying to stay relevant.
02:29 PM on 09/25/12
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
She's cute as hell
02:31 PM on 09/25/12
hiddentrack
I feel fine when you’re in my head.
User Info.

02:36 PM on 09/25/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
cool beans. i'm guessing she'll be the one that comes in second this year?
02:45 PM on 09/25/12
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
I was listening to that Polar Bear Club live acoustic album this afternoon and was wondering how far that guy would go if he was on The Voice. Especially considering Juliet Simms made it as far as she did last year.
02:47 PM on 09/25/12
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
User Info.
I think she has the pipes to make it far, with a good song selection...

Never understood the hate against her, Hey monday last releases were awful but they had their catchy songs...
02:53 PM on 09/25/12
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
User Info.
Team Adam.
02:54 PM on 09/25/12
justinwho
long live RepliesWithGifs
User Info.
am i the only one that thinks that any participant on shows like these who have had some form of a record deal in the past shouldn't be allowed to audition?
03:22 PM on 09/25/12
trevorshmevor
User Info.
Word. She'll kill it, no doubt.
03:29 PM on 09/25/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I think I'll just have to watch this on mute.
03:30 PM on 09/25/12
calciumwaste
x
User Info.
am i the only one that thinks that any participant on shows like these who have had some form of a record deal in the past shouldn't be allowed to audition?
American Idol has rules like that. The Voice doesn't, which is why all os these people who used to be in bands end up on The Voice rather than another show.

I'm not sure what The Voice's logic is. I guess they just want the "best talent" and figure that much of that talent has already been discovered. The result is that MANY of the contestants of the The Voice have previously had record deals or had some industry experience. It's almost all of them, from what I've seen. The guy who won last season was previously a background singer for Alicia Keys which I think would have disqualified him from Idol. The guy who won the first season previously released a record on Capitol which actually charted better than his post-show album did.
03:31 PM on 09/25/12
kianacarly
Your silence does not protect you
User Info.

No. There are comments like this in every single post about The Voice. Other shows have rules like that. The Voice is all about ~second chances.~ Jordan Pruitt is on this season and I definitely remember her from The Disney channel. She was even on a box of some sort (cereal? Capri Sun? idk) with a contest to win tickets to her concert. She was decently famous for a Disney kid. However, she's a nobody now who went nowhere, so who cares if irrelevant people want to audition? It's not like these people are well-known or cared about. Obviously their connections failed them. I always thought it was a dumb rule on AI.

I hope she doesn't get on team Xtina. I can't imagine Xtina liking her voice, but then again she turned for that weird E.T. couple.
03:32 PM on 09/25/12
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
American Idol has rules like that. The Voice doesn't, which is why all os these people who used to be in bands end up on The Voice rather than another show.

I'm not sure what The Voice's logic is. I guess they just want the "best talent" and figure that much of that talent has already been discovered. The result is that MANY of the contestants of the The Voice have previously had record deals or had some industry experience. It's almost all of them, from what I've seen. The guy who won last season was previously a background singer for Alicia Keys which I think would have disqualified him from Idol. The guy who won the first season previously released a record on Capitol which actually charted better than his post-show album did.
I like that The Voice is about second chances, but I had no idea that guys album didn't go well haha.
03:47 PM on 09/25/12
Kerplunk_23
User Info.
I am with you to me if you have had somewhat decent success and played Warped Tour or other big shows then I don't think some one should be on that show cause that singer has already has success even if it is not worldwide per se.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos