AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
TV News - Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 116 of 116.
09:39 PM on 09/29/12
justbradley
User Info.
They tried this a few years back and I can not for the life of me remember the show name. It was really good to see that build in a show. The problem is, TOO MANY people follow trends and are to impatient to give something new a chance. I heard someone say the other day that they like Mumford & Sons because the singer was SO CUTE...

I wish there was some more creative original ideas being put into television to expose musicians besides Apple and car commercials.
I think I remember the show you're talking about; wasn't it called "The Next Great American Band"? I remember there were loads of unsigned and unknown bands on it, and it was pretty much American Idol or The Voice for bands. I watched the first season, but it never came back on after that. What a shame, because that was actually pretty good.

By the way, I really hate how people like musicians because of their looks. Sadly, though, as long as people see musicians' faces, they're going to have biases just like that. I like a lot of musicians, and they may be "attractive," I like the music they make, rather than how they present it.
10:48 AM on 09/30/12
hurricaneoflion
Music Photographer & Viking
User Info.
I think I remember the show you're talking about; wasn't it called "The Next Great American Band"? I remember there were loads of unsigned and unknown bands on it, and it was pretty much American Idol or The Voice for bands. I watched the first season, but it never came back on after that. What a shame, because that was actually pretty good.

By the way, I really hate how people like musicians because of their looks. Sadly, though, as long as people see musicians' faces, they're going to have biases just like that. I like a lot of musicians, and they may be "attractive," I like the music they make, rather than how they present it.
YES!!! that was the show for sure. I just looked it up online. It was a good show, it was not great, but it could have been.

As far as the looks thing, it just goes to show you how shallow some people can be and how limited some peoples connection to music really is.

I do not have a care in the world what band(s) members look like at all. As long as the music is good...that is all I need.
03:06 PM on 09/30/12
justbradley
User Info.
YES!!! that was the show for sure. I just looked it up online. It was a good show, it was not great, but it could have been.

As far as the looks thing, it just goes to show you how shallow some people can be and how limited some peoples connection to music really is.

I do not have a care in the world what band(s) members look like at all. As long as the music is good...that is all I need.
I was just getting into music when it came on, and I was really into that show. I watched the whole thing, and it could've been really awesome. It definitely had a lot of potential. It wasn't great, and I don't remember the judges being that good. But it was still a really good show, nonetheless.

I have a theory, and I think that a lot of "popular" musicians and bands today, especially with the Hot Topic generation, I think they focus more on looks, rather than the music itself. That's why that stuff is popular. That doesn't mean it's bad, but a lot of people focus more on looks than talent, or music. People are really shallow, and will only listen to a band if their members are attractive. It's like on here, how people are saying Cassadee's attractive, and that's why she's good. I thought she was okay in the video, but she could easily have potential to be pretty good. I don't even watch this show, but it looks rather interesting.

I totally agree, though. If a musician's music is good, it doesn't matter what they look like. At least, in a perfect world, it wouldn't matter.
04:33 PM on 09/30/12
hurricaneoflion
User Info.
I was just getting into music when it came on, and I was really into that show. I watched the whole thing, and it could've been really awesome. It definitely had a lot of potential. It wasn't great, and I don't remember the judges being that good. But it was still a really good show, nonetheless.

I have a theory, and I think that a lot of "popular" musicians and bands today, especially with the Hot Topic generation, I think they focus more on looks, rather than the music itself. That's why that stuff is popular. That doesn't mean it's bad, but a lot of people focus more on looks than talent, or music. People are really shallow, and will only listen to a band if their members are attractive. It's like on here, how people are saying Cassadee's attractive, and that's why she's good. I thought she was okay in the video, but she could easily have potential to be pretty good. I don't even watch this show, but it looks rather interesting.

I totally agree, though. If a musician's music is good, it doesn't matter what they look like. At least, in a perfect world, it wouldn't matter.
Couldn't agree with you more about most of the things you said in here.
05:11 PM on 09/30/12
justbradley
User Info.
Couldn't agree with you more about most of the things you said in here.
Thank you. I actually commented to your post, considering it wasn't about whether or not Cassadee was good or not. There was a relevant point in it, and since you brought up Mumford & Sons, I'm a big fan of them, and bought their new album just yesterday. Haha.
03:25 PM on 10/01/12
hurricaneoflion
User Info.
Thank you. I actually commented to your post, considering it wasn't about whether or not Cassadee was good or not. There was a relevant point in it, and since you brought up Mumford & Sons, I'm a big fan of them, and bought their new album just yesterday. Haha.
Can I ask you honestly...what do you think of the new Mumford album?
05:40 PM on 10/01/12
justbradley
User Info.
Can I ask you honestly...what do you think of the new Mumford album?
Yes, of course! I've listened to it once, and honestly... It sounds quite similar to Sigh No More. I enjoyed it, but it does have a very similar sound. It seems like they took everything from "Sigh" that really worked, and just made it all bigger on Babel. I'm going to write a review of it soon, and I'm really going to take my time on it, because this is a record that I have a LOT to say about, but I just don't know how to say it just yet. I need to listen to it more, but I think it may be a "grower." It doesn't break any new ground, but they are some enjoyable moments on it.
07:33 AM on 10/02/12
hurricaneoflion
User Info.
Yes, of course! I've listened to it once, and honestly... It sounds quite similar to Sigh No More. I enjoyed it, but it does have a very similar sound. It seems like they took everything from "Sigh" that really worked, and just made it all bigger on Babel. I'm going to write a review of it soon, and I'm really going to take my time on it, because this is a record that I have a LOT to say about, but I just don't know how to say it just yet. I need to listen to it more, but I think it may be a "grower." It doesn't break any new ground, but they are some enjoyable moments on it.
Please link review when you post. I would love to read a more in-depth thought on it.
01:17 PM on 10/02/12
justbradley
User Info.
Please link review when you post. I would love to read a more in-depth thought on it.
I totally will! I do have a lot of thoughts on this record, because I want to word things just right, but I'll certainly link to it when I post it, which hopefully will be soon. It takes awhile for them to post them, but they do eventually. They finally posted a ton of stuff I wrote last night, so I'm happy.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS