Username
Password
Green Day News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 65.
03:36 PM on 09/26/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
Half of me makes me just wish they had picked out the best songs from the three albums and just released one album worth of quality songs instead. Maybe after all three come out someone should do that aha?
03:52 PM on 09/26/12
Light_Grenades
User Info.
Half of me makes me just wish they had picked out the best songs from the three albums and just released one album worth of quality songs instead. Maybe after all three come out someone should do that aha?

This is why you can edit the info of a song on iTunes hahaha
03:56 PM on 09/26/12
Fun Ghoul
Peacemaker
User Info.
The riff does sound exactly like Give Me Novacaine, but this is still way better than Uno.
There are only 12 notes to choose from.

You ought to understand music before you critique.
03:57 PM on 09/26/12
PopPunkKid
extremely old username
User Info.
Its actually slightly different than Give Me Novacaine. It sounds like the first chord of this song is a minor chord and I believe GMN's is a major.
03:59 PM on 09/26/12
PopPunkKid
extremely old username
User Info.

I'm definitely going to be making my own playlist of the best of the 3 once they're all released haha
04:06 PM on 09/26/12
SeeYouHomeWolf
www.see-you-home-wolf.bandcamp.com
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is it just me or does everything Green Day put out sounds like it's a B-side from American Idiot? This is the best new song I've heard off their new albums, but that's not saying much. Still love Green Day, but they peaked long long ago.
04:09 PM on 09/26/12
FTank
Blank
User Info.

Lol like everyone else on this thread?
04:10 PM on 09/26/12
The_Effort
User Info.
Seriously started to expect that vocal melody after I heard the 4th chord haha, agreed 100%.

Samesies.
04:14 PM on 09/26/12
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
This IS Give Me Novacaine. Like, some of the songs on Uno borrowed excerpts from previous songs - this takes the EXACT riff. It's a bit... disconcerting.

Kind of meh, but they played some other songs from Dos when they took over Zane Lowe's Radio 1 show - Lady Cobra and the one before it (forget name) are both rather good.

And yes, I liked Uno.
Well the chords aren't the same, just the rhythm is similar.. but yeah it's in the same key and I think like 2 of the chords are the same. Whatever.. like they haven't ripped themselves off before? Like someone above said, there are only 12 notes in music. When you have so many songs of course it's going to get repetitive.
04:31 PM on 09/26/12
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
So sick, so sick of being tired and oh so tired if being sick.
04:44 PM on 09/26/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
examples? I haven't listened to Uno yet.
"Let Yourself Go" is kind of a retread of "Maria." There are also hints of "Scattered" in "Rusty James."
04:59 PM on 09/26/12
mollyk
User Info.

Well the chords aren't the same, just the rhythm is similar.. but yeah it's in the same key and I think like 2 of the chords are the same. Whatever.. like they haven't ripped themselves off before? Like someone above said, there are only 12 notes in music. When you have so many songs of course it's going to get repetitive.

lol this is not a valid argument. we've had the same notes and chord progressions since the classical period and i'm pretty sure all modern music does not sound like mozart. there are plenty of bands who are using the same 12 notes that have songs and albums that sound nothing alike.
05:10 PM on 09/26/12
FNF
You are the only exception <3
User Info.
Better. Though I'm still convinced Tre will be the best.
05:18 PM on 09/26/12
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
lol this is not a valid argument. we've had the same notes and chord progressions since the classical period and i'm pretty sure all modern music does not sound like mozart. there are plenty of bands who are using the same 12 notes that have songs and albums that sound nothing alike.
we're talking about pop punk music though...bit less variety when you're playing power chords vs the complexities of the piano. also, a lot of Mozart's music does sound alike.
05:45 PM on 09/26/12
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
User Info.
I like it.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives