AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
TV News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 190.
12:10 PM on 09/28/12
AnthonyBTT
User Info.
Uhhh. If your goal is to be like katy perry or justin bieber I....I have no words. Kids have nobody to look up to these days.
12:13 PM on 09/28/12
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
The first season winner sold under 10,000 in the first week and Dia, the runner up sold a little more than him. On topic yeah I agree the way she worded made it seem like she's just in it for the fame.
12:13 PM on 09/28/12
Kyleisraddd
I win.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Seems she is doing this more for fame than the art of making music.
Is that even all that bad? She has a better voice than some of the female entertainers in the music industry right now, anyways. I'm unhappy with the Voice's decision to use artists like her over artists that are unknown, but if it's a viable option to help push the girl's music career to the next level... anyone should try it.
12:14 PM on 09/28/12
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
Oh. She should be defending how mediocre her audition was tbh.
12:15 PM on 09/28/12
Kyleisraddd
I win.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The first season winner sold under 10,000 in the first week and Dia, the runner up sold a little more than him. On topic yeah I agree the way she worded made it seem like she's just in it for the fame.
I can't tell where the first half of this quote fits. The fact that they sold 10,000 copies... is that supposed to be good or bad? I mean, how many copies of those CD's would they sell without being on the show? I think that's pretty good for them.
12:16 PM on 09/28/12
Chuck!
Lost Forever // Lost Together
User Info.
People are surprised that a pop singer wants to be famous and successful?
12:16 PM on 09/28/12
OneAndrewWest
@OneAndrewWest
User Info.
I'm sure Rubban Studdard was thinking the same thing when he went on American Idol...and taylor hicks...and fantasia...
12:18 PM on 09/28/12
justinwho
long live RepliesWithGifs
User Info.
So her main goal is being famous, getting recognized and having a larger and larger fan base? It's not about the music? Hm. I can't respect an artist that thinks that way.

/thread
12:20 PM on 09/28/12
jasonisasleep
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
who cares, her band was pop, her solo music was pop, the voice is pop...what's the difference? it's all bubblegum pop
calciumwaste
x
User Info.
I have no issue with her being on the show, but it seems like kind of a cop out when you've been a solo artist for 9 months, your first ep has only been out for 3 months and you're already saying that you've exhausted all means necessary and treating the show as a last resort.
In her defense, at first she said that she wasn't going to release anything until she had a label behind her. I guess she couldn't find anyone, obviously she gave up on that and self-released an EP. I think she just wants a label really bad and obviously being on this show is going help her in that regard.
xName Takenx
User Info.
I'd rather have her try to explain why it's so important for her to be more famous in the first place. I'm sure that would be more interesting to read.

So her main goal is being famous, getting recognized and having a larger and larger fan base? It's not about the music? Hm. I can't respect an artist that thinks that way.

Are you guys really gonna act like 90% of bands/artists/etc in the music industry aren't in it for fame?

Just because she admits it doesn't mean she's the only one thinking it.

Uhhh. If your goal is to be like katy perry or justin bieber I....I have no words. Kids have nobody to look up to these days.

srs???

who gives a fuck if she wants to be famous or not??? the one guy i quoted is right, most do want/enjoy the fame.... Being famous also means your a role model, who's to say she doesn't want to be a role model for kids??

i don't know about everyone else, but when i was 8 years old I didn't think about bands and their lyrics, i just wanted a great song and it may have moved me regardless of now when i look back realize how dumb new kids on the block or nsync was... it moved me then, so it did the job it was set out to do...

grow up people, let the girl do what she wants
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.
Are you guys really gonna act like 90% of bands/artists/etc in the music industry aren't in it for fame?

Just because she admits it doesn't mean she's the only one thinking it.

I'm a little unclear why people are against people with past "fame" going on these shows--especially one like The Voice where a lot of the contestants have past experience in the industry.

Really hope Cass and Joe get far this season!

To clarify: I'm wasn't complaining and I don't care why she does whatever. (I'm barely familiar with who she is, but reading that, all I could get from it was that she was incredibly vapid and boring.) I'm legitimately interested in people who want to be famous solely for the sake of being famous, and I wasn't trying to be snarky when I said I'd rather her try to articulate why that's so important to her.

I mean, as much as I think that's a lame reason to do anything and that people who are famous because they want to be famous are about the most useless people there are (as opposed to people who are famous because they do interesting work), I also think it's lame that people always have to ascribe these pointless labels about 'artistic purity' to musicians for no real reason. Basically, anyone with an opinion on this subject, one way or another, is silly.
12:21 PM on 09/28/12
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
I'd rather have her try to explain why it's so important for her to be more famous in the first place. I'm sure that would be more interesting to read.
Came in here to say this. What happened to making music because you love to do it? Since when does the number of our Twitter followers constitute our success in creating art?

Edit: But of course, it's a free world. No way am I going to whine about her decision to participate in a game show; I couldn't even care less. It's just that such a vapid mindset, I think, pollutes art.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.
srs???

who gives a fuck if she wants to be famous or not??? the one guy i quoted is right, most do want/enjoy the fame.... Being famous also means your a role model, who's to say she doesn't want to be a role model for kids??

i don't know about everyone else, but when i was 8 years old I didn't think about bands and their lyrics, i just wanted a great song and it may have moved me regardless of now when i look back realize how dumb new kids on the block or nsync was... it moved me then, so it did the job it was set out to do...

grow up people, let the girl do what she wants
Again, I didn't say I cared. Calm your shit. You don't have to be her Internet savior.
offsetgroupie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I see nothing wrong in wanting to be the biggest and and best at what you do. I wish more people felt this way. If I was in a band or an artist, I'd want to play stadiums and have millions of fans. If I played basketball, I'd want to play in the NBA. Pretty sure none of those dudes aspire just to be in the D-League. It scares me sometimes that wanting to crush it and be successful and maybe make a shit ton of money while you're at it is looked down upon. Settling for mediocrity is depressing. Hope she kills it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests