AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Viral News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Madina Lake Tease Next Project

Posted by - 01:28 PM on 09/28/12
Madina Lake have posted a teaser video for an upcoming project tentatively titled Impervious. The teaser can be seen in the replies. The band's upcoming single from WWIII will be "Across Five Oceans."

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
01:29 PM on 09/28/12
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
04:00 PM on 09/28/12
crf1895
get kinda awesome
User Info.
cool. A5O is my favorite song off of WWIII, which was very lackluster itself. but it's good to know that they're not breaking up.
11:48 PM on 09/28/12
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
I just really wish they would release an album collectively as good as FTTUTY was.
04:24 AM on 09/29/12
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
I just really wish they would release an album collectively as good as FTTUTY was.
quoted for truth.

now that the guitarist (i guess the primary songwriter) is gone, i doubt they'll write a good album again
08:52 AM on 09/29/12
Me & My Arrow
User Info.
quoted for truth.

now that the guitarist (i guess the primary songwriter) is gone, i doubt they'll write a good album again

I had the same instinct at first, but I actually think it was Mateo that pulled them away from the catchier, pop-rock style of FTTUTY because he just wasn't into it anymore (this was the impression I got from all of his tweets and blog posts around Attics and WWIII).

It definitely sounds like he was a core songwriter, but the only song they've released since he left was the most FTTUTY-sounding track since that album (Every Little Thing), so I'm still somewhat hopeful. I came to the conclusion that WWIII was a really solid album that just lacked everything that I used to enjoy about the band. It seemed like they were making exactly the album they wanted to make, which is hard to fault them for.
09:56 AM on 09/29/12
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
I had the same instinct at first, but I actually think it was Mateo that pulled them away from the catchier, pop-rock style of FTTUTY because he just wasn't into it anymore (this was the impression I got from all of his tweets and blog posts around Attics and WWIII).

It definitely sounds like he was a core songwriter, but the only song they've released since he left was the most FTTUTY-sounding track since that album (Every Little Thing), so I'm still somewhat hopeful. I came to the conclusion that WWIII was a really solid album that just lacked everything that I used to enjoy about the band. It seemed like they were making exactly the album they wanted to make, which is hard to fault them for.
i wasn't aware they released a new song and indeed, it reminds me of FTTUTY which is a good thing. i really hope they'll bring a new talented guitarist to fill the void. they are so much better at writing pop punk with electronic elements songs instead of the generic dance pop/pop rock ones that ruined the last album.
11:13 AM on 09/29/12
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.

This is true, and that song is awesome.

There are a couple tracks off Attics and WWIII that I enjoy, but even those songs are not as good as FTTUTY was. "One Last Kiss" was and always is such a jam.

I also feel like their lyrics keep spiraling down, too, but maybe that's just me.
03:32 PM on 09/29/12
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
They're playing with The Smashing Pumpkins at the Riverside Theatre in Milwaukee tomorrow. So bummed, as soon as I move they schedule their first show there in years. I haven't seen these guys since last March. I was hoping to go over to the UK and catch the whole tour with a couple of UK friends, but I didn't have the money. :[
10:44 PM on 09/29/12
Me & My Arrow
User Info.
i wasn't aware they released a new song and indeed, it reminds me of FTTUTY which is a good thing. i really hope they'll bring a new talented guitarist to fill the void. they are so much better at writing pop punk with electronic elements songs instead of the generic dance pop/pop rock ones that ruined the last album.

It's possible that this song was actually a b-side to WWIII, given that it came out relatively soon after the album and as far as I know they don't have a new guitarist (Mateo's joined them for the "final tour" in the UK; maybe one of the other members can play?). I think the dance pop you're referring to is from Attics, but not so much WWIII which was much more aggressive, dark rock. But I agree, I absolutely adored FTTUTY and the only song that generated a similar response since then was "Welcome to Oblivion" (see below).

This is true, and that song is awesome.

There are a couple tracks off Attics and WWIII that I enjoy, but even those songs are not as good as FTTUTY was. "One Last Kiss" was and always is such a jam.

I also feel like their lyrics keep spiraling down, too, but maybe that's just me.

Yeah, I feel similarly about the lyrics getting worse, although if I'm really honest with myself I think the FTTUTY lyrics are equally cheesy and lame but I'm just biased because I think they work better with that style of music. As I mentioned above, the only Madina track I would put on the same level as FTTUTY in terms of pure enjoyment is "Welcome to Oblivion," which could've easily fit on that album. I still remember watching the video below before Attics came out and being so psyched that it would be a great album.

11:15 PM on 09/29/12
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
It's possible that this song was actually a b-side to WWIII, given that it came out relatively soon after the album and as far as I know they don't have a new guitarist (Mateo's joined them for the "final tour" in the UK; maybe one of the other members can play?). I think the dance pop you're referring to is from Attics, but not so much WWIII which was much more aggressive, dark rock. But I agree, I absolutely adored FTTUTY and the only song that generated a similar response since then was "Welcome to Oblivion" (see below).

Yeah, I feel similarly about the lyrics getting worse, although if I'm really honest with myself I think the FTTUTY lyrics are equally cheesy and lame but I'm just biased because I think they work better with that style of music. As I mentioned above, the only Madina track I would put on the same level as FTTUTY in terms of pure enjoyment is "Welcome to Oblivion," which could've easily fit on that album. I still remember watching the video below before Attics came out and being so psyched that it would be a great album.

God damn I love Welcome To Oblivion. I agree with all of you. Bring back FTTUTY. That being said the band is still awesome to see live. I've seen them 3 times, once after each album came out and they still kill it.

My personal theory is the soaring vocals. The vocals on FTTUTY were huge and the same can be said for "Welcome To Oblivion", that range really hasn't carried over from the first album and is one of the things I missed the most.
12:15 PM on 09/30/12
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.

i was referring to tracks like Fireworks, Across Five Oceans, Heroine and We Got This. i actually liked Attics To Eden, though it anticipated it so much and was a bit disappointed when it came out. i agree with everything else you said
04:32 PM on 09/30/12
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.

Oh yeah, definitely. Their lyrics were always cheesy, but I don't always think cheesy is a horrible thing.

And "Welcome to Oblivion" is actually one of my favorite Madina Lake tracks. The bridge before the last chorus is just too damn good, imo.
08:18 AM on 10/01/12
Me & My Arrow
User Info.
i was referring to tracks like Fireworks, Across Five Oceans, Heroine and We Got This. i actually liked Attics To Eden, though it anticipated it so much and was a bit disappointed when it came out. i agree with everything else you said

Oh wow haha, I totally forgot how dance-y some of those songs were (I haven't really listened to it since the first couple of weeks after it came out). I was thinking of songs like "Let's Get Outta Here," "Legends," and "Statistics," but the ones you mentioned are all the same dance-y style but with a more upbeat tone, which might be worse!

God damn I love Welcome To Oblivion. I agree with all of you. Bring back FTTUTY. That being said the band is still awesome to see live. I've seen them 3 times, once after each album came out and they still kill it.

My personal theory is the soaring vocals. The vocals on FTTUTY were huge and the same can be said for "Welcome To Oblivion", that range really hasn't carried over from the first album and is one of the things I missed the most.

They are one of my favorite bands I've ever seen live. I saw them twice after FTTUTY and once after Attics and all three shows were amazing. Energy just pours out of them and they do a better job of interacting with the crowd than any other band I've seen.

Oh yeah, definitely. Their lyrics were always cheesy, but I don't always think cheesy is a horrible thing.

And "Welcome to Oblivion" is actually one of my favorite Madina Lake tracks. The bridge before the last chorus is just too damn good, imo.

There have been a few glimmers of hope since FTTUTY: the soft intro/outro of "Not for This World" made me think the song would be much better and the bridge of "Blood Red Flags" is awesome.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos