AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Chat: Set It Off

Posted by - 01:49 PM on 10/01/12
Update: The chat is now over. Thanks to the guys in Set It Off for taking some time out of their day to chat with us. Go buy their new album.

The guys from Set It Off will be dropping in to chat with us at 5 PM EST. The band just recently released its Equal Vision debut Cinematics and are currently on tour. Feel free to ask them any questions regarding the new album, the tour, the band's involvement with VH1's Save The Music Foundation, and everything else in between.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 192
01:49 PM on 10/01/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Rules for Chat
Be respectful. Don't be afraid to ask questions, but make sure that you aren't crossing any boundaries of any sort. If you have any hesitations about posting a certain question, odds are you shouldn't post it. Disrespect will not be tolerated and will be met with a deleted post and a ban.

Double, triple, and quadruple posts will be deleted, along with posts that are overly modified to get attention. No extra formatting is needed; I'm sure they can read just as well as, if not better than, most of us.

If they doesn't answer your question, feel free to ask another.

This is not a way to ask them for favors, to ask them if they'll make your voicemail message for you or visit you at your house.

Have fun. The idea is for everyone to talk together and share in a collective experience.

Some Posting Tips

Obviously you need to register for an account to participate. It's free. It's easy.

You may want to add an avatar to your account. It's that little icon by your post and it makes you stand out.

The chat takes place in the comments section of this thread -- it's just like a regular forum thread.

To reply to a post, click the "quote" link on it - and then type your reply. Simple.

To post a new reply, scroll to the bottom of the page and use either the "quick reply" box - or click the "write a comment" button.

If this is your first time on the website, remember that it may take a little getting used to - but we hope we made the experience easy for even first time posters. Hope you have a good time. Don't forget to come back daily to see what kinds of things we have going on during the day. Or follow us on twitter or facebook to not miss any important announcements.
01:57 PM on 10/01/12
dominodownfall
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Will we ever hear songs off of Calm Before the Storm live again? [Cinematics is a perfect album in my eyes by the way. Congrats on that!]
02:02 PM on 10/01/12
MaxxSIO
User Info.
Will we ever hear songs off of Calm Before the Storm live again? [Cinematics is a perfect album in my eyes by the way. Congrats on that!]

Yes! Every now and again we like to dust off the oldies and play them live. and thank you! Glad you enjoy it.
02:03 PM on 10/01/12
mikalcheuk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love the energy that you guys bring on stage. But in many of your live youtube videos, austin and cody seem to be always running into each other. This is especially the case when they both wanna go for the centre front stage spot. do they notice this?
02:04 PM on 10/01/12
Anisha_Fiction
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
how do you guys feel about milk now? lol
02:04 PM on 10/01/12
imrachelm
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ok, what new songs will you be playing at the Home Show?
And side note: Cody, I'm hugging you big time then because I miss you and you need one.
02:05 PM on 10/01/12
elm0e
Contineo Altus Nobis
User Info.
When will we see the next "we gonna set you off"? When will we see the new music video?
02:05 PM on 10/01/12
sherstenolivia
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Why aren't you guys going to be playing at the show at The Note in PA on the Handguns tour?
02:06 PM on 10/01/12
rockinsetitoff
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When are you guys come back to VA Beach?
DannySIO
User Info.
how do you guys feel about milk now? lol
Haha still love it but never again more than a glass at a time
mikalcheuk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
another question for cody: do you think your clarinet training has helped with your singing? you are a wonderful vocalist with a great range and stamina! also, can you give us some singing tips? cheers!
Zachsio
User Info.
I love the energy that you guys bring on stage. But in many of your live youtube videos, austin and cody seem to be always running into each other. This is especially the case when they both wanna go for the centre front stage spot. do they notice this?

Haha that's the best the you noticed that. We love playing as hard as we can. We always think its best to give the people who paid money a great show. So sometimes we lose track of what's going on and run into each other.
SayHiToPaula
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The most important question for me is why you won't visit Poland at Europe Tour 2013 ? (and I want you to know, that even if it's hard to get to your show for me, I'm coming anyway, gonna travel to Berlin and finally meet you guys! :))
02:07 PM on 10/01/12
LaurenBraun
User Info.
I thought this was a video chat :/ I was looking forward to seeing all your beautiful faces but I'll be seeing you guys on Wednesday<3

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos