Username
Password
Birthdays News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 71 of 71.
02:34 AM on 10/02/12
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
User Info.
No. Digital only. -500 ap points equals 200,000 in real life.
03:14 AM on 10/02/12
harryCane
Fighter of the Night Man
User Info.
Yes, CDs all the way! I don't get why so many labels/bands are doing vinyl + digital only releases. Are there really more people buying vinyl than CDs nowadays?
05:15 AM on 10/02/12
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
I always buy CD's if available..I never got into the vinyl collecting, and buying digital music feels like I'm buying nothing when you think about how much music is available (even put out by the band themselves) for free online. I don't download illegally, but there's just a certain feeling that comes with buying a hard copy, like you're directly supporting the band. In return you're getting the music, the album art/packaging, and something you can display or lend out. It's materialistic, but it's all about being able to physically hold the music you've decided to purchase.
06:11 AM on 10/02/12
francescaa
User Info.
I do buy CDs and I'm not sure it's a rational choice. I think it's more just the things I've always done and while I love checking out new bands via Spoitify, Last.fm or whatever, it doesn't feel like I'm a fan or that I've committed until I've picked up the CD.
08:02 AM on 10/02/12
5fikev
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If I want the whole album.
08:09 AM on 10/02/12
metallikunt
This Don't Look Like LAX
User Info.
Yup, I only buy CDs, screw digital only. If I really LOVE an album, I'll buy it on vinyl also.

The only time I buy digital stuff is when it is physically not available elsewhere and even then I'll try and find a record label promo CD on eBay first. I don't mind buying songs digitally if they're FLAC or WAV format because I can still burn my own high quality CDs. If they're just MP3 files though ... fuck that!
08:29 AM on 10/02/12
botDs-r
www.twitter.com/shawnhyphenray
User Info.
I still regularly buy CDs (although I've started buying Vinyl now too). I'm always gonna. I love/need the artwork/liner notes/lyrics
09:29 AM on 10/02/12
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
User Info.
i do..

01:56 PM on 10/02/12
ObjectsinMirror
Qualified Personnel
User Info.
Absolutely. With CD's, I get the physical artwork that's meant to compliment the album, and I get to hear the music as it was meant to be heard (no mp3 stuff)
07:41 PM on 10/02/12
CavanaughPark
Hey, I'm doing alright.
User Info.
I buy CDs at small shows sometimes. I prefer vinyl though if they have it. Just because I hate iTunes so much and I'd rather put the money in the band's hands.
12:20 PM on 10/03/12
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
User Info.
I buy CDs at small shows sometimes. I prefer vinyl though if they have it. Just because I hate iTunes so much and I'd rather put the money in the band's hands.
if its a small band they get checks from iTunes for sales.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS