AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

01:00 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Not listening to my mix, that's for damn sure.
03:58 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
StreetSpirit76
Michigan
Male - 24 Years Old
Life in the Rear View Mirror

1. Damien Jurado: I never got into this guy outside of a scattered handful of tracks - of those, this is definitely my favorite. Opening a mix with a harmonica line is never a bad choice (I considered doing the same but changed my mind at the last second). Obvious shades of Bruce circa Nebraska here. Good opener.

2. The Damnwells: This album was one of my favorites of '09. I was slightly less enamored with the follow-up, and never really dug into their earlier work, but these guys are great. They're one of those bands like The Jayhawks where I feel like their relative anonymity is almost entirely predicated on the decade they established themselves in - this band would've been everywhere in the '90s. I mean, obviously it's difficult to make a retrospective judgment like that, but that's primarily what I've always loved about these guys: they remind me of an era when you could turn on a mainstream rock station and not want to gouge your ears out with the nearest inanimate objects small enough. Excellent choice.

3. Glen Hansard: That opening guitar conjures "Acadian Driftwood" by The Band. And whenever a band reminds me of The Band, that typically means they're a pretty good band, or at least a band capable of being a good band if the rest of their stuff sounds like a band that sounds like The Band (okay, I got carried away). But yeah, I've never listened to this guy and have no career context for him. This is pleasant in an MOR kind of way. I wasn't bowled over, but it worked well in context and I wouldn't mind hearing a record on in the background.

4. The Killers: Holy '80s. I remember hearing "Mr. Brightside" back in the day, but that's my only context for these guys. This is very different and much better. I hate to use two Bruce comparisons in one "review" (though I suppose if I'm going to do it in any of these, it makes sense it'd be yours), but lyrically (and maybe a bit musically; ie: those chiming keys in the verses, the vocals) I thought this was pretty evocative of '70s-'80s Boss. This was probably the biggest surprise here for me - I think I'll download Battle Born and see if I like the whole thing this much. You're officially on what we call "a roll," my friend.

5. James Taylor: His "hits" - including this one - hold a lot of nostalgic value for me thanks to my dad playing them all the time when I was a kid, so I like this song even if I'm aware of the fact that, removed of the emotional baggage I have associated with it, it probably wouldn't do much for me. I guess I feel the same way about this as I do the Glen Hansard track: it's something to put on in the background while you're making dinner or (more season-specific) carving pumpkins, but I'm not sure there's a lot going on here that's worthy of close scrutiny. Still, the flow has been impeccable thus far, and this fit right in.

6. Taylor Swift: Surprisingly decent. I usually find country-pop fairly inoffensive and sometimes even mildly enjoyable in a Diet Coke kind of way, but I've legitimately hated everything I've heard from her, the last single being the worst offender. This is the most roots-y song I've heard of hers by far, so it's no shock that it's my favorite. The juxtaposition of a JT song and a modern pop song that references him was pretty clever. I doubt I'll look into the album just based on my vehement dislike for everything else she's done, but this was pleasant enough.

7. Abandoned Pools: Never heard of these guys. But Wiki tells me that the lead (dude) singer was a founding member of Eels. I like Eels. I may or may not have put Eels on my own mix. This is good stuff - feels like a nice centerpiece for the mix.

8. Dishwalla: Have to agree with George on this (at least on the vocals). Music is a bit radio-rock for my taste, and the singer just sounds like one of the thousand other Vedder-spawn. Nothing offensive here, it's just not my bag.

9. Robert Francis: As soon as I heard that banjo I knew you were back on track. The only thing I found a bit jarring (conceptually) here was the verse when he says, "It's summertime..." But this has definitely got that rustic autumn feel musically, so I understand why you chose it. Like the last few, I probably wouldn't love this out of context, but it worked well here.

10. Jonathan Rice: Pretty standard singer-songwriter fare. "Love is always looking for an open grave to lay down, unfold its arms and die" is a decent line. Outside of that, I've got nothing.

11. Youth Group: I actually really liked this. Probably the best new discovery on the mix for me. Reminds me of U2 circa The Joshua Tree, which isn't a surprise coming from you. I'll definitely give this record a shot.

12. Emerson Hart: I enjoy Diet Coke sometimes.

13. Michael McDermott: I remember reading a quoted lyric from this dude in Stephen King's Insomnia. I had no idea who he was at the time and made a mental note to check him out (regardless of what you think of his work, King usually provides good music recs). I forgot about him until now. This is great, and completes your "Springsteen-esque" hat-trick. Interesting that they've all been from various eras of his career: Nebraska with Jurado, The River/Born in the USA with The Killers, and modern Bruce with McDermott.

14. The Alternate Routes: Another band I've never heard of. This is good, if unspectacular. Ties together the sounds you've primarily been exploring over the last hour (roots-y stuff and arena-rock), and thus feels a bit like a summation. Nice closer.

Not surprised that I enjoyed this. It kept with the autumn theme pretty well for the most part, and even the tracks I thought were middling worked well in context - the flow was terrific. Musically it was a bit one-note, but that's okay. That one note sounded damn good.
05:09 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
Neo Cassady
Let's go exploring!
Cincinnati, OH
Male - 28 Years Old
Basically I'll just be writing thoughts as I listen, not really a cohesive review. First thing I notice is that there are a few artists I haven't heard on here. Looking forward to that.

1. Damien Jurado - Ohio
I've been meaning to check out Damien Jurado forever. I even have the album this song is on. Not sure why I've never listened, because this is a great start to the mix and a song I really enjoyed.

2. The Damnwells - Bastard of Midnight
I put a Damnwells song on my mix too, although not a full band one. Good autumn vibe here. Reminds me of The Clarks a bit (and other '90s alternative bands), which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

3. Glen Hansard - Maybe Not Tonight
No idea who this guy is. Nice follow-up to that last song though. Has a summer-turns-to-fall feeling which, while we're past that point in the year now, is one of my favorite moments every year. Summer love begone, bring on the cold, and the shivering with both excitement and chills as you rekindle a love that you know isn't supposed to be. I've had a few of these. Definitely relate to this song. Nice choice.

4. The Killers - The Way it Was
Hmm. The Killers are such a summer band for me. Hard to imagine them in a fall setting. This isn't doing a bad job of that, though. Very much an arena rock feel. And dat chorus. I want to sit on the hood of my car with some beers at the bluffs and scream "the way! it was!" Alright, it won me over.

5. James Taylor - Something in the Way She Moves
Love that you decided to slow it down at this point. It's hard to wrong with (the original) JT. I'm loving the vibe of this mix so far. Good songs, good flow. A bit wary about the next one, though...

6. Taylor Swift - Begin Again
Lately, T.Swift has been REALLY hit or miss for me, with even the hits being kind of meh (everything's started to blend together). Good to know that she can still write songs like this...why is this not a single? It's a pretty straightforward country-pop song, but it's got a different feel from what she's been putting out lately (although not ridiculously different, like "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"). Reminds me of her earlier songs, which is nice.

7. Abandoned Pools - From Long Sleep
Another band I haven't heard of. Sounds just like a song I would put on a fall mix, which obviously gives it a plus in my book. Ooh, not sure who this girl is but she has a sweet voice. I'm a sucker for a good duet. This was a bit sad without being devastating a la William Fitzsimmons.

8. Dishwalla - Collide
First thought: Dishwalla has other songs besides "Counting Blue Cars"? It's always interesting to hear "other" songs by one-hit wonders--sometimes they can be greatly different (in usually an inferior way) than the single. This one doesn't surprise me, though. Pretty solid '90s rock song. Probably not something I'd seek out to listen to, but I wouldn't turn it off if it were on. Nice to see the pace picking up again.

9. Robert Francis - Dangerous Neighborhood
I love me some banjo. I feel like this song is more suited for a summer evening drive, but that may be because the sun just peeked its way under my blinds on its way down, bringing some much-needed warmth to this frigid room. Something about this song takes me to a good place, regardless of season, and I'm keeping this guy in mind. Not really enamored with the key change, but the song gets back on track pretty quickly after that.

10. Jonathan Rice - Mid-November
Immediately reminds me of a song from Scrubs/Garden State. This would fit in well there. Which isn't a bad thing, since both are in my top 5 shows/movies ever. I know it's nothing special musically, but this kind of stuff screams fall to me, the kind of song I would listen to on a drive with my wife on the way to a walk in the woods.

11. Youth Group - Daisychains
Sounds like somebody else...can't put my finger on it. Thought about that the whole song.

12. Emerson Hart - Flyin'
The flow in this mix is still great. This song drips nostalgia, which I don't usually find in fall songs, but it works here.

13. Michael McDermott - Scars From Another Life
I really like how this song starts out. Channeling the Boss in this. And in the vocals (with a bit of Neil Diamond in the verses). And in the way the drums kick in. I'm enjoying this a lot actually. Solid penultimate tune.

14. The Alternate Routes - Already November
Shouldn't "Already November" come before "Mid-November"? Anyway, I already can tell this will be a powerful closer, if it crescendos the way I'm anticipating. Aaaaand, it did. Excellent end to this mix. It was deliciously fall-ish, and even though not many of the new-to-me artists really stood out (with Robert Francis being the one real exception), overall it was very enjoyable. Nice job!
06:46 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
StreetSpirit76
Michigan
Male - 24 Years Old
I'm actually feeling a bit self-conscious about the flow of my mix now that I've heard Craig's. Mine isn't half as neatly cohesive. Haha.
07:01 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
georgedcc
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Ha, mine neither. That mix will probably be the exception, not the rule.
08:23 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Life in the Rear View Mirror

1. Damien Jurado: I never got into this guy outside of a scattered handful of tracks - of those, this is definitely my favorite. Opening a mix with a harmonica line is never a bad choice (I considered doing the same but changed my mind at the last second). Obvious shades of Bruce circa Nebraska here. Good opener.

2. The Damnwells: This album was one of my favorites of '09. I was slightly less enamored with the follow-up, and never really dug into their earlier work, but these guys are great. They're one of those bands like The Jayhawks where I feel like their relative anonymity is almost entirely predicated on the decade they established themselves in - this band would've been everywhere in the '90s. I mean, obviously it's difficult to make a retrospective judgment like that, but that's primarily what I've always loved about these guys: they remind me of an era when you could turn on a mainstream rock station and not want to gouge your ears out with the nearest inanimate objects small enough. Excellent choice.

3. Glen Hansard: That opening guitar conjures "Acadian Driftwood" by The Band. And whenever a band reminds me of The Band, that typically means they're a pretty good band, or at least a band capable of being a good band if the rest of their stuff sounds like a band that sounds like The Band (okay, I got carried away). But yeah, I've never listened to this guy and have no career context for him. This is pleasant in an MOR kind of way. I wasn't bowled over, but it worked well in context and I wouldn't mind hearing a record on in the background.

4. The Killers: Holy '80s. I remember hearing "Mr. Brightside" back in the day, but that's my only context for these guys. This is very different and much better. I hate to use two Bruce comparisons in one "review" (though I suppose if I'm going to do it in any of these, it makes sense it'd be yours), but lyrically (and maybe a bit musically; ie: those chiming keys in the verses, the vocals) I thought this was pretty evocative of '70s-'80s Boss. This was probably the biggest surprise here for me - I think I'll download Battle Born and see if I like the whole thing this much. You're officially on what we call "a roll," my friend.

5. James Taylor: His "hits" - including this one - hold a lot of nostalgic value for me thanks to my dad playing them all the time when I was a kid, so I like this song even if I'm aware of the fact that, removed of the emotional baggage I have associated with it, it probably wouldn't do much for me. I guess I feel the same way about this as I do the Glen Hansard track: it's something to put on in the background while you're making dinner or (more season-specific) carving pumpkins, but I'm not sure there's a lot going on here that's worthy of close scrutiny. Still, the flow has been impeccable thus far, and this fit right in.

6. Taylor Swift: Surprisingly decent. I usually find country-pop fairly inoffensive and sometimes even mildly enjoyable in a Diet Coke kind of way, but I've legitimately hated everything I've heard from her, the last single being the worst offender. This is the most roots-y song I've heard of hers by far, so it's no shock that it's my favorite. The juxtaposition of a JT song and a modern pop song that references him was pretty clever. I doubt I'll look into the album just based on my vehement dislike for everything else she's done, but this was pleasant enough.

7. Abandoned Pools: Never heard of these guys. But Wiki tells me that the lead (dude) singer was a founding member of Eels. I like Eels. I may or may not have put Eels on my own mix. This is good stuff - feels like a nice centerpiece for the mix.

8. Dishwalla: Have to agree with George on this (at least on the vocals). Music is a bit radio-rock for my taste, and the singer just sounds like one of the thousand other Vedder-spawn. Nothing offensive here, it's just not my bag.

9. Robert Francis: As soon as I heard that banjo I knew you were back on track. The only thing I found a bit jarring (conceptually) here was the verse when he says, "It's summertime..." But this has definitely got that rustic autumn feel musically, so I understand why you chose it. Like the last few, I probably wouldn't love this out of context, but it worked well here.

10. Jonathan Rice: Pretty standard singer-songwriter fare. "Love is always looking for an open grave to lay down, unfold its arms and die" is a decent line. Outside of that, I've got nothing.

11. Youth Group: I actually really liked this. Probably the best new discovery on the mix for me. Reminds me of U2 circa The Joshua Tree, which isn't a surprise coming from you. I'll definitely give this record a shot.

12. Emerson Hart: I enjoy Diet Coke sometimes.

13. Michael McDermott: I remember reading a quoted lyric from this dude in Stephen King's Insomnia. I had no idea who he was at the time and made a mental note to check him out (regardless of what you think of his work, King usually provides good music recs). I forgot about him until now. This is great, and completes your "Springsteen-esque" hat-trick. Interesting that they've all been from various eras of his career: Nebraska with Jurado, The River/Born in the USA with The Killers, and modern Bruce with McDermott.

14. The Alternate Routes: Another band I've never heard of. This is good, if unspectacular. Ties together the sounds you've primarily been exploring over the last hour (roots-y stuff and arena-rock), and thus feels a bit like a summation. Nice closer.

Not surprised that I enjoyed this. It kept with the autumn theme pretty well for the most part, and even the tracks I thought were middling worked well in context - the flow was terrific. Musically it was a bit one-note, but that's okay. That one note sounded damn good.

Completely agree with you on The Damnwells. I've always thought of them as a 90s roots rock band in the vein of The Wallflowers and Counting Crows. Sorry to hear you weren't too into No One Listens to the Band Anymore, since that was my third favorite record of '11, but I can definitely recommend their earlier material.

I can also thoroughly recommend Battle Born, which is, in my opinion, the best record The Killers have ever made. There is a TON of Bruce influence on that record, so you might actually dig some of it.

Interesting you should mention Stephen King in regard to McDermott. There's a quote in the press materials for his new album that comes from King (I think he actually did liner notes for one of the earlier McDermott albums.)
Michael McDermott's music, like Springsteen's and Van Morrison's, helped me to find a part of myself that wasn't lost, as I had feared, but only misplaced. That's why we love the ones who are really good at it, I think: because they give us back ourselves, all dusted and shined up, and they do it with a smile....Michael McDermott is one of the best songwriters in the world and possibly the greatest undiscovered rock and roll talent of the last 20 years." - Stephen King, Bestselling Author

I would love a few more people to take notice of this guy. His new one is pretty killer and I'm in the process of writing up a review of it.
08:34 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Basically I'll just be writing thoughts as I listen, not really a cohesive review. First thing I notice is that there are a few artists I haven't heard on here. Looking forward to that.

1. Damien Jurado - Ohio
I've been meaning to check out Damien Jurado forever. I even have the album this song is on. Not sure why I've never listened, because this is a great start to the mix and a song I really enjoyed.

2. The Damnwells - Bastard of Midnight
I put a Damnwells song on my mix too, although not a full band one. Good autumn vibe here. Reminds me of The Clarks a bit (and other '90s alternative bands), which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

3. Glen Hansard - Maybe Not Tonight
No idea who this guy is. Nice follow-up to that last song though. Has a summer-turns-to-fall feeling which, while we're past that point in the year now, is one of my favorite moments every year. Summer love begone, bring on the cold, and the shivering with both excitement and chills as you rekindle a love that you know isn't supposed to be. I've had a few of these. Definitely relate to this song. Nice choice.

4. The Killers - The Way it Was
Hmm. The Killers are such a summer band for me. Hard to imagine them in a fall setting. This isn't doing a bad job of that, though. Very much an arena rock feel. And dat chorus. I want to sit on the hood of my car with some beers at the bluffs and scream "the way! it was!" Alright, it won me over.

5. James Taylor - Something in the Way She Moves
Love that you decided to slow it down at this point. It's hard to wrong with (the original) JT. I'm loving the vibe of this mix so far. Good songs, good flow. A bit wary about the next one, though...

6. Taylor Swift - Begin Again
Lately, T.Swift has been REALLY hit or miss for me, with even the hits being kind of meh (everything's started to blend together). Good to know that she can still write songs like this...why is this not a single? It's a pretty straightforward country-pop song, but it's got a different feel from what she's been putting out lately (although not ridiculously different, like "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"). Reminds me of her earlier songs, which is nice.

7. Abandoned Pools - From Long Sleep
Another band I haven't heard of. Sounds just like a song I would put on a fall mix, which obviously gives it a plus in my book. Ooh, not sure who this girl is but she has a sweet voice. I'm a sucker for a good duet. This was a bit sad without being devastating a la William Fitzsimmons.

8. Dishwalla - Collide
First thought: Dishwalla has other songs besides "Counting Blue Cars"? It's always interesting to hear "other" songs by one-hit wonders--sometimes they can be greatly different (in usually an inferior way) than the single. This one doesn't surprise me, though. Pretty solid '90s rock song. Probably not something I'd seek out to listen to, but I wouldn't turn it off if it were on. Nice to see the pace picking up again.

9. Robert Francis - Dangerous Neighborhood
I love me some banjo. I feel like this song is more suited for a summer evening drive, but that may be because the sun just peeked its way under my blinds on its way down, bringing some much-needed warmth to this frigid room. Something about this song takes me to a good place, regardless of season, and I'm keeping this guy in mind. Not really enamored with the key change, but the song gets back on track pretty quickly after that.

10. Jonathan Rice - Mid-November
Immediately reminds me of a song from Scrubs/Garden State. This would fit in well there. Which isn't a bad thing, since both are in my top 5 shows/movies ever. I know it's nothing special musically, but this kind of stuff screams fall to me, the kind of song I would listen to on a drive with my wife on the way to a walk in the woods.

11. Youth Group - Daisychains
Sounds like somebody else...can't put my finger on it. Thought about that the whole song.

12. Emerson Hart - Flyin'
The flow in this mix is still great. This song drips nostalgia, which I don't usually find in fall songs, but it works here.

13. Michael McDermott - Scars From Another Life
I really like how this song starts out. Channeling the Boss in this. And in the vocals (with a bit of Neil Diamond in the verses). And in the way the drums kick in. I'm enjoying this a lot actually. Solid penultimate tune.

14. The Alternate Routes - Already November
Shouldn't "Already November" come before "Mid-November"? Anyway, I already can tell this will be a powerful closer, if it crescendos the way I'm anticipating. Aaaaand, it did. Excellent end to this mix. It was deliciously fall-ish, and even though not many of the new-to-me artists really stood out (with Robert Francis being the one real exception), overall it was very enjoyable. Nice job!

Thank you for listening and for the compliments, good sir.

I can't honestly speak with very much authority on Jurado, even though I have a lot of his albums and his latest is high on my list of stuff to check out. But I've always loved this song, and Rehearsals for Departure is one of my all-time favorite album titles. Ha

Psyched for your mix if there's a Damnwells song on it. You can't go wrong with that band, imo.

The girl singing in "From Long Sleep" is Paris Carney. I don't know who she is, but I'm in love with her voice and want to check out her solo stuff as well.

Glad someone brought up "Counting Blue Cars," haha. Interestingly, they aren't the only '90s one hit wonders on this mix: Emerson Hart was/is the frontman for the band Tonic, of "If You Could Only See" fame.

Definitely check out Robert Francis. His latest, Strangers in the First Place, is one of my favorite albums of the year.
09:13 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
StreetSpirit76
Michigan
Male - 24 Years Old
Completely agree with you on The Damnwells. I've always thought of them as a 90s roots rock band in the vein of The Wallflowers and Counting Crows. Sorry to hear you weren't too into No One Listens to the Band Anymore, since that was my third favorite record of '11, but I can definitely recommend their earlier material.

I can also thoroughly recommend Battle Born, which is, in my opinion, the best record The Killers have ever made. There is a TON of Bruce influence on that record, so you might actually dig some of it.

Interesting you should mention Stephen King in regard to McDermott. There's a quote in the press materials for his new album that comes from King (I think he actually did liner notes for one of the earlier McDermott albums.)
Michael McDermott's music, like Springsteen's and Van Morrison's, helped me to find a part of myself that wasn't lost, as I had feared, but only misplaced. That's why we love the ones who are really good at it, I think: because they give us back ourselves, all dusted and shined up, and they do it with a smile....Michael McDermott is one of the best songwriters in the world and possibly the greatest undiscovered rock and roll talent of the last 20 years." - Stephen King, Bestselling Author

I would love a few more people to take notice of this guy. His new one is pretty killer and I'm in the process of writing up a review of it.

Oh I still really liked No One Listens to the Band Anymore. Just not as much as One Last Century, which I thought had more of an alt-country vibe - a major attraction for me, if you hadn't noticed - and also contained my favorite song by the band (coincidentally, "Bastard of Midnight"). I think I listened to Air Stereo once when I first discovered them. I haven't a clue whether I liked it or not. I should revisit it.

I'll definitely check out that Killers record (and your review). I'm strangely enamored with "The Way It Was" - definitely my favorite track on your mix that I wasn't already familiar with.

And yeah, King's hit-or-miss for me in terms of his literary output (though when he hits, few genre writers are better), but I've literally never checked out something that the guy referenced in his books or wrote about in his EW column that wasn't awesome. Excited to delve into McDermott's catalog.
10:08 PM on 10/08/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Oh I still really liked No One Listens to the Band Anymore. Just not as much as One Last Century, which I thought had more of an alt-country vibe - a major attraction for me, if you hadn't noticed - and also contained my favorite song by the band (coincidentally, "Bastard of Midnight"). I think I listened to Air Stereo once when I first discovered them. I haven't a clue whether I liked it or not. I should revisit it.

I'll definitely check out that Killers record (and your review). I'm strangely enamored with "The Way It Was" - definitely my favorite track on your mix that I wasn't already familiar with.

And yeah, King's hit-or-miss for me in terms of his literary output (though when he hits, few genre writers are better), but I've literally never checked out something that the guy referenced in his books or wrote about in his EW column that wasn't awesome. Excited to delve into McDermott's catalog.

Ahhh, gotcha. Yeah, One Less Century is definitely the more alt-country of the two, but really, I just love both of them. Can't wait to see where they go from here.

Glad you're digging "The Way it Was." There's certainly more where that came from on Battle Born. Just make sure you take not of all of the thematic connections going on with that record. I think you will appreciate it more if you do.

With a guy who has written as many books as King, it's hard not to be at least a little bit hit-or-miss, haha. I still need to dig deeper into McDermott's old stuff, but his last few records have been really pretty magical. I think you'll find a lot to like there.
05:40 AM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
Deadbolt23
Jacob
Bath, England
Male - 22 Years Old
A pleasant mix. I found it generally uninteresting though. Only James Taylor stood out as someone that I would like to revisit. The tracklist was well put together though, you did well to maintain such a consistent tone.
05:45 AM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
Fame<Infamy
gonna bang bang fuck you up
Wexford, Ireland
Male - 21 Years Old
georgedcc - British Autumns

1. Admiral Fallow - The Paper Trench
2. Meursault - Dull Spark
3. Frightened Rabbit - State Hospital
4. Kula Shaker - Hey Dude
5. Blondie - Union City Blue
6. Kate Bush - Running up That Hill
7. Aretha Franklin - Let It Be
8. Nina Simone - Marriage Is For Old Folks
9. Michael Kiwanuka - Home Again
10. Gil-Scott Heron - Home Is Where The Hatred is
11. Bjork - All Is Full Of Love
12. The Clash - Train In Vain
13. The Cure - A Few Hours After This
14. Frank Turner - Wanderlust
15. Bob Dylan - It's All Over Now, Baby Blue.

http://www.mediafire.com/?prdfyht44oh3rjd
06:56 AM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
Coral Springs, FL
Male - 28 Years Old
Craig Manning's mix:

Like everyone else has said, it all flowed together very nicely. Definitely has an autumn vibe to it. Some great songs and some I felt dragged on a little too long.

Favorites: Ohio, Bastard of Midnight, Something in the Way She Moves, Begin Again, The female vocals in From Long Sleep, Already November

Least favorites: Collide, The male vocals in From Long Sleep, Flyin', Scars From Another Life
07:27 AM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
MADSTA
~
Halifax
Female - 23 Years Old
After work today I'll be going through the first two mixes, tracklistings look good.
10:47 AM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
Kent/London, England
Male
Staff Member
Will also be catching up on both mixes tonight, was busy last night. I'll post thoughts on both later.
11:16 AM on 10/09/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
George: listening to your mix while I write papers, haha. Will post thoughts once I finish my work.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos