Username
Password

Comments: Page 21
Displaying posts 300 - 315 of 315
01:18 PM on 10/04/12
FTank
I hate Golden Tate
User Info.
Really? even below For Baltimore or Reckless?

Those two are my least favorite, but still great songs. Favorite as of right now is still Live And Let Go. Somewhere In Neverland, Sheets, So Long Soldier, Thanks To You, Paint You Wings, and Let Me Be Me are all instant ATL classics for me.

Irony is also perfect just simply for what they were going for and Im sure theyre fangirls are loving that one. Catchy as hell and I love the Na-na-na-nas.
Yeah, Sheets is by far the worst for me. I really like Reckless and For Baltimore. My four LEAST favorite now would be Sheets, So Long Soldier, Outlines, and Thanks to You. But Sheets is the only one I skip on a regular basis.
01:40 PM on 10/04/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Yeah, Sheets is by far the worst for me. I really like Reckless and For Baltimore. My four LEAST favorite now would be Sheets, So Long Soldier, Outlines, and Thanks to You. But Sheets is the only one I skip on a regular basis.
Hmm that kind of surprises me. Sounds like youre more into the poppier side of the album, and Id consider sheets (at least the chorus) fairly poppy. To each their own though. Any specific you dont like it? I personally dont think its that much of a drop off musically between some of the other songs, so maybe its the lyrics?

Also any favorites?
01:55 PM on 10/04/12
FTank
I hate Golden Tate
User Info.
Hmm that kind of surprises me. Sounds like youre more into the poppier side of the album, and Id consider sheets (at least the chorus) fairly poppy. To each their own though. Any specific you dont like it? I personally dont think its that much of a drop off musically between some of the other songs, so maybe its the lyrics?

Also any favorites?
I thought Sheets was too poppy for my tastes. In my opinion, it's not nearly as good musically as every other song on the album.

I guess my five favorites would be Backseat Serenade, Lifesaver, To Live and Let Go, Paint You Wings, and So Long & Thanks for all the Booze (or Let Me Be Me, or whatever they're calling it).
02:41 PM on 10/04/12
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
So far, so good. As someone who didn't enjoy Dirty Work very much, this is definitely All Time Low getting back in line.
08:04 PM on 10/04/12
bakerboy420
User Info.
wow this is such an overrated piece of garbage, ap.net baffles me often.
10:44 PM on 10/04/12
SanoMusica
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
green day yes, yellowcard no

listen to so wrong, it's right by the way

This statement made me cover my mouth and gasp. I love green day but they kinda shit the bed when it comes to UNO. And this album Is atl's best album to date but still has nothing on southern air. That album will probably be the best pop-punk album of the year.
Disclaimer: all opinions.
11:22 PM on 10/04/12
FTank
I hate Golden Tate
User Info.
This statement made me cover my mouth and gasp. I love green day but they kinda shit the bed when it comes to UNO. And this album Is atl's best album to date but still has nothing on southern air. That album will probably be the best pop-punk album of the year.

Agree with everything here
12:01 AM on 10/05/12
JoshSalas
User Info.
Listened to this at the gym and it was very hard to resist singing along. Good stuff.
03:42 AM on 10/05/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.

southern air has been in my cd tray since the day it came out. this is my album of the year. don't panic comes in second. uno probably last

edit: by the way, i worded my post wrong. i originally meant to say that the yellowcard album is better, def not the green day album. sorry to make you gasp though lol
03:50 AM on 10/05/12
shrem
@Elycean
User Info.
Pretty solid album. Noticed how they've gone away from "hey, let's toss in an acoustic song/ballad half-way down the album to mix things up" attitude and gone for an all-out pop-punk sound? As much as I love Running From Lions, Sunday and Therapy, the omission helps the overall flow of the album, imo.

I just wish that Alex's vocals were a tad less overproduced. His amazing voice really doesn't need those soupy harmonies all the time.

I can't put my finger on it, but there's something very "Step Outside Yourself-Over It" about this record.
10:34 PM on 10/05/12
The-Thom-ATL
TheThom
User Info.
"This video is private" wtf?!
09:14 PM on 10/06/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
"This video is private" wtf?!
go to youtube bro, they're all there.
09:16 PM on 10/06/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Really? even below For Baltimore or Reckless?

Those two are my least favorite, but still great songs. Favorite as of right now is still Live And Let Go. Somewhere In Neverland, Sheets, So Long Soldier, Thanks To You, Paint You Wings, and Let Me Be Me are all instant ATL classics for me.

Irony is also perfect just simply for what they were going for and Im sure theyre fangirls are loving that one. Catchy as hell and I love the Na-na-na-nas.

hey now, baltimore's opening sequence/bridge is fucking sweet, the rest of the song okay though
06:20 AM on 10/09/12
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
"So Long Soldier" is probably one of their top3 songs in all discography!
11:15 PM on 10/09/12
JDubs66
Redesign Me, Redefine Me.
User Info.

Congrats to us for predicting how amazing this album was going to be. Since weve been talking about this release for about... the whole year haha I feel obligated to converse about how awesome this album turned out to be. I had my doubts, but this album exceeded my expectations. You can really hear the influences of different albums like Alex said he was going to do. Somewhere In Neverland has the tambourine in the chorus like Nothing Personal had almost every song. So Long Soldier has the same melody of Circles, the album has the most catchy melodies which is Alex's specialty (and what Dirty Work lacked). Irony is basically the good version of "That Girl".

We basically have the same exact favorite songs haha Favorite right now is Live And Let Go, with Paint You Wings, Let Me Be Me, Somewhere In Neverland, So Long Soldier, and If These Sheets Were States all being instant favorites from this band. (yes that is half of the album).

Only songs Im underwhelemed with are Reckless, For Baltimore, and Outlines surprisingly. And there not even bad songs, just not to the level of the rest of the album. Outlines is an amazing song and not to alleviate its particular awesome FOB sound and presence of Vena, but chorus reminds me too much of Time Bomb with the high hat. It makes the song almost dancey, when it should be more rock with crash cymbals.

Idk about you man...but instant favorite album from this band. Mike Green and Alex really just pushed them to a new level and finally they got "their sound" right. the guitars, the power, the drums, the catchiness, and the atmosphere just finally cohered for them into the perfect combination. Couldnt have been happier with this album.
SO. I lost internet at my place like a few hours after i posted that other post you commented on the other day.. haha and FINALLY got it back today..thats why i have been MIA on here lately.. lol

But without further ado...FUCK YES. This album is fantastic, literally probably the best album they have put out so far i believe. It is good from front to back, not really one "bad" track on the whole thing..they all give something unique and it has a great flow to it. Agree with you on Reckless and For Baltimore tho, they are by no means bad, but they are the only 2 songs i skip over every now and then when listening to the album.

I really think this album has a couple songs on it that are instant hits for ATL, that will probably be in their live set lists for a long time, kind of like Maria and Weightless are.

Yeah we have basically the exact same favorites dude! Thats awesome lol tho i think after listening to this a ton over the past few days im going to have to add "Irony" onto my list of favorites..that song is so damn catchy. Like you said it is like the good version of "That Girl"...probably what they really were shooting for on Dirty Work.

Over all i think they hit the nail directly on the head and drove it straight down perfectly. This album is the perfect combination of "old ATL" and "new ATL" , the guitars are great. Rian DOMINATED this whole damn record. Period. and Alex's vocals are probably his best so far, the lyrics and production are great too. Didn't have really any doubts about this album from what we were hearing about it beforehand, and im glad it all ended up coming true. Ecstatic with this record.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos