Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
06:04 AM on 10/03/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Just need to mention a typo. The song is Rusty James not Sweet James.

Good review otherwise. Rusty James is actually my favorite song from the album
07:38 AM on 10/03/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
The album is catchy for what its worth and has some worth while songs as well as some mediocre tunes. Its pretty...eh ok. I like it. I mean I liked some of 21CB but it just felt so hit and miss that just about anything could make me happy at this point by this band.
08:17 PM on 10/03/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Green Day are so good live, you're right. The lyrics are this album's weakest point. I can't take a review too seriously if it claims Sweet 16 and Rusty James are amongst the worst tracks.
Rusty James is actually up there as one of my favorite Green Day tracks now. I love the lyrics to the song which actually something people have been criticizing the album for.
09:09 PM on 10/04/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
surprised that i'm getting the type of backlash that "you're hating Green Day because it's cool to hate Green Day." i'm in the minority that loved both AI and 21stCB .... i love most every album they have.
I honestly think you gave it a fair assessment and that is coming from someone who generally likes it. I did not hate 21CB but it just lacked the magic their past albums had. It felt forced and I know you love the album but I hope you know what I mean. It basically seemed like a way of filling in gaps to a story that was loose to begin with. It had awesome songs and some that I just can't remember for the life of me.

Uno! is basically that album that honestly I think is one of their worst but am glad it came out now and not after Nimrod. American Idiot was amazing and sonically they were a smash. The transition was good for the band. I think though after all the punk rock opera it was good to remind fans we are still this band. Uno! carries good and bad songs but at the end of the day anywhere between a 6/10 to 7/10 is the fairest score. Its a good album but its not great. Its no classic but its decent. It had good direction and a few songs on it are actually generally awesome. I think what we can expect to see in the Trilogy is Green Day present such a myriad of songs that no album will be without filler and every album will have something awesome to offer.

My biggest praise if nothing else, despite the stale feeling of some songs, it does sound like Green Day just jamming and making music instead of trying to take the world by storm and maybe its best they cool their jets for awhile and get back to making music that lacks need for insane depth or story because it is fun to write, record, and play live. At this point in their career it is good for them to just act like an everyday band and not like The Who or The Beatles of this generation.
08:44 AM on 10/07/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I know I can agree on 21st, but American Idiot? They were playing stadiums because of that album, all the GD fans I know just love it so that's why I was confused. to each their own
I agree with you. American idiot was different but it was well executed, fresh, and unlike anything on the music market at the time. It was a big sound and it rocked hard. 21CB felt more like American Idiot bsides that they had considered putting on AI but it would disrupt the flow.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos