Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 126
08:12 AM on 10/03/12
cowlord
( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
User Info.
Songs are definitely re-hashes, but I still like most of them. I really like "Nuclear Family", "Sweet 16", and "Fell For You".
08:32 AM on 10/03/12
thesinkingship
Hummingbirds who lost the plot
User Info.
Was anyone expecting a Green Day album that was an attempt to go back to "roots" NOT to sound rehashed? The band is better off experimenting and moving further away from their 90s identity.
08:34 AM on 10/03/12
KarelDeprez
KarelDeprez
User Info.
Good review, but I do believe that 6 out of 10 is quite flattering. They've truly failed with this one, in my opinion. More than half of the points is simply too much.
08:37 AM on 10/03/12
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
Was anyone expecting a Green Day album that was an attempt to go back to "roots" NOT to sound rehashed? The band is better off experimenting and moving further away from their 90s identity.
I think by going back to their roots, it would mean actually writing a decent melody here and there. That's where I feel this release fell short the most. And they could at least throw in some catchy guitar leads like they had before, but they just weren't even trying with this one.
08:38 AM on 10/03/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
The album is catchy for what its worth and has some worth while songs as well as some mediocre tunes. Its pretty...eh ok. I like it. I mean I liked some of 21CB but it just felt so hit and miss that just about anything could make me happy at this point by this band.
08:42 AM on 10/03/12
yoursceneisdead
User Info.
Good review! A couple quick things to fix up the review...

In the 4th paragraph, you say "There's variety is severly lacking here." I'm not sure if you meant "Their variety..." or what.

In the 5th paragraph, you reference the song "Sweet James" it's "Rusty James" which I'm sure you know.
08:50 AM on 10/03/12
FTank
I hate Golden Tate
User Info.
Coming from a big fan, this album is terrible.
08:50 AM on 10/03/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT, THOMAS

x
09:07 AM on 10/03/12
DooDooBird
User Info.
Yeah. This is the definitely the weakest Green Day album out there. I disagree with a few things in the review though, I thought Sweet 16 and Rusty James were two of the better songs on the album. And I enjoy Carpe Diem. The other tracks are mostly forgettable. So sad. :(

Hopefully Dos! will be a lot better than this.
09:10 AM on 10/03/12
Donnie Ruth
I like to talk about blink-182
User Info.
I wrote my first ever album review this past week and it was for this album (using it for my college). I absolutely trashed this album because seriously, every song is the same thing. Same structure, same sound, same terrible lyrics, and the infamous guitar solo in every song.

Again, another very well-written review. Nice job.

I completely agree with everything other than two things. First, I'd probably give it an even worse grade because I hated this album so much. And second, I disagree about Kill the DJ being the worst song. Troublemaker has that title in my opinion, then followed by Kill the DJ.
09:40 AM on 10/03/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Havent listened, probably won't. I liked Let Yourself Go alot but I feel like thats all the album will have to offer for me
09:53 AM on 10/03/12
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.
The songs called Rusty James, and this review is horrendous. Sweet 16, Rusty James, and Stay the Night are easily the best songs on the record, and pretty great songs in general.
09:54 AM on 10/03/12
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.

x
^^^^ *bonus points for Lebowski reference
09:55 AM on 10/03/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Just need to mention a typo. The song is Rusty James not Sweet James.

Good review otherwise. Rusty James is actually my favorite song from the album
Thank you.
I personally would have given it a lower score. You know, ATL's Don't Panic is incredibly better than this thing, and mostly everything here is a huge letdown and a recycled hot mess...

Even then, it has a few enjoyable tracks like Nuclear Family, Angel Blue and Rusty James... but mostly that's it.

Exceptional review. The "high bar" allusion is really spot on.
New ATL is way better than this in my opinion. Agree with you.

x
10:33 AM on 10/03/12
Crimson_Curse
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Survie
User Info.
The only song that has been released this year that is worse than kill the DJ is cruising california song by the offspring.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos