Username
Password

10:00 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Delaware
Male
Romney did a good job of lying about his policies and seeming convincing doing so, and Obama did a terrible job of exposing those lies. He definitely seemed to be playing it safe and not willing to go for the jugular.

Stewart absolutely annihilated him tonight, it was pretty hilarious. MSNBC also went really hard on him...and I think that right there is the difference between MSNBC and Fox. If Romney were as bad as that, they'd never rip Romney as hard as Chris Matthews was tearing into Obama last night.
10:03 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
Lee Maddox
No Avatar Selected
Male - 38 Years Old

GOOD FIND!
10:06 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old

Haha, thanks.
10:12 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
anamericangod
Georgia
Male - 29 Years Old
Verified
Saying "That's not true" isn't enough. People interpret that as having the same meaning as "I don't agree with that policy because his party is different from mine." There needs to be some sort of legitimate call out the next time bullshit is being spewed.
07:31 AM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
Sic Transit Zeb
Chicago/Houston
Male - 27 Years Old
Welcome to the opposite circle jerk. I'd probably like your cool bro friends who vote third party. Do you have a caricature for those who vote democrat also or is it too close to home for you?

Hmmm

"I'm so mature I never use the word gay in any context other than to explain someones sexuality."

Good?

Even though I don't fit that and you can think of many things to say, I'm a big proponent of making light of yourself. It's good for you.
07:41 AM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
Sic Transit Zeb
Chicago/Houston
Male - 27 Years Old
Welcome to the opposite circle jerk. I'd probably like your cool bro friends who vote third party. Do you have a caricature for those who vote democrat also or is it too close to home for you?

But really, the 3rd party guy is the most annoying. He is one of my better friends but he's annoying. Such a disingenuous and defeatist attitude but to each their own I suppose.
08:43 AM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
But really, the 3rd party guy is the most annoying. He is one of my better friends but he's annoying. Such a disingenuous and defeatist attitude but to each their own I suppose.

I would imagine "defeatist" to be voting for one of the two major parties because of a lesser of two evils justification. I'd say that most people genuinely voting third because they care are probably going to come off as a little depressed and sad when discussing american politics. I know I do. Probably shouldn't generalize though.
09:52 AM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
ChaseTx
Nothing against third parties, because obviously their views are just as valid as the main parties -- maybe more so, because they have less interest with lobbyist groups and the like -- but is there a system where having more than 2 main candidates does not result in votes being divided between the candidates with similar issues?

The only way I can think of is to include a "second choice" option, or a way to rank the candidates from 1st to last choice, so that if your first choice doesn't win, you can give some credit to a better candidate.
10:44 AM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
Sic Transit Zeb
Chicago/Houston
Male - 27 Years Old
I would imagine "defeatist" to be voting for one of the two major parties because of a lesser of two evils justification. I'd say that most people genuinely voting third because they care are probably going to come off as a little depressed and sad when discussing american politics. I know I do. Probably shouldn't generalize though.

Yeah, man...who knows.

And generalities are a part of life.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests