AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts.
09:56 AM on 10/03/12
ChaseTx
Who still needs to illegally download when there's Spotify?
10:26 AM on 10/03/12
ChaseTx
I guess. With the number of people who have smartphones (I don't) I thought there'd be plenty of places to stream most releases and the majority wouldn't need to download them.
10:46 AM on 10/03/12
ChaseTx
I've never owned an iPod. Had a 1st gen Zune, but that was it.
11:29 AM on 10/03/12
ChaseTx
What do you use now?
In the car, mostly CDs. I have a few albums on my phone, but it doesn't hold much.
11:45 AM on 10/03/12
ChaseTx
What do you use now?
In the car, mostly CDs. I have a few albums on my phone, but it doesn't hold much.
12:40 PM on 10/03/12
ChaseTx
money is tight with everyone that's all I have to say nobody has big bucks to just throw @ 18 bucks a disc.
Where are CDs that expensive? I pay $10-13
12:59 PM on 10/03/12
ChaseTx
Not that you're not mostly right, but CDs really are often $15+ at FYE, and for people who live in smaller communities, sometimes those stores are the only feasible options in the area.
Yeah I remember buying some punk albums at Sam Goody for those prices when I was in middle school, maybe early high school, because I didn't know where else I could get them. Now that place is out of business and I'm not sure where any other stores like it are. I can get just about all the same CDs at Best Buy, so I buy them there, Target, independent shops, and at shows.

Honestly I've really wanted the deluxe version of the new Nas album since it came out, but I can't justify paying $17 for it... just waiting for a sale

And I agree! Downloading has vastly broadened many of our musical horizons.
BUT.
Spotify is $10 a month. Or free, if you don't mind the ads - isn't that a better option? Free with ads vs. flat out stealing?
As a free Spotify user, I am impressed with their ability to do what most sites fail to do -- make their ads annoying enough to convince you to finally pay for it.
01:13 PM on 10/03/12
ChaseTx
Haha, true!
For me, it just made too much sense - I wanted all of the music, I couldn't afford all of the music, and I didn't want to continue illegally downloading. Plus, paying for it meant I had access to their mobile app, and I was commuting 1.5 hours to work each direction - SO NICE.
If I had a smartphone, I'd probably be all over it. As it is, I can only use Spotify at home or places with free Wifi. It's really irritating, though, to be really into an album and be interrupted by "Hey Spotify users!"
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests