AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Record Sales News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 128.
10:34 AM on 10/03/12
B.Leibo
User Info.

Yes and no, if youre all on one network you can share music with in the network so if you all had a lot anyway wasn't much downloading + on campus = monitered = shutdown. Off campus = through the roof haha.
10:39 AM on 10/03/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
I use and will always use my iPod classic.
same. at least until they release a higher-capacity one.
10:40 AM on 10/03/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
that's also true, but theres really no major university in albany or fairbanks really. i'm sure that plays a large factor in the lexington (university of kentucky) and tallahassee (fsu) though.
10:41 AM on 10/03/12
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.
I use and will always use my iPod classic.
This.

Also, this thread is going to be awash with various aggressive shitty opinions (on both sides of the issue), isn't it?

Will just say this: It seems to me that there are only two groups of people who get upset over illegal downloading. That would be already-wealthy music executives who are, for the most part, the only people in the business still making money through the sale of music, and holier-than-thou kids on this site.

Most bands are pretty accepting of the whole thing, and giving away music is becoming more and more of a norm that they're taking into their own hands through sites like BandCamp, because they realize that's where the industry is headed. Shit, I've downloaded a handful of albums for free this week at the encouragement of the bands. So, it seems a little weird when Tad182 is trying to tell people that they're in the wrong for expecting to be able to get music for free these days. Especially because who wants to buy mp3s?
10:46 AM on 10/03/12
ChaseTx
I've never owned an iPod. Had a 1st gen Zune, but that was it.
10:47 AM on 10/03/12
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
User Info.
I've never owned an iPod. Had a 1st gen Zune, but that was it.
What do you use now?
10:47 AM on 10/03/12
i like apples
Kyle Max
User Info.
I buy vinyl cause you can touch it and it has big pictures
10:49 AM on 10/03/12
drewbaldy
phaynes1 sucks
User Info.
Not surprised lol. Service members blow all their cash after joining on a car or clothes or partying so they can't even afford music. Just speaking from experience

That's just outright wrong. Come on man I thought people on this site were above making harsh generalizations about a group of people.

Edit: didn't see the speaking from experience part. I've been around military people my whole life so I get defensive real fast.
10:54 AM on 10/03/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
10:56 AM on 10/03/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
This.

Also, this thread is going to be awash with various aggressive shitty opinions (on both sides of the issue), isn't it?

Will just say this: It seems to me that there are only two groups of people who get upset over illegal downloading. That would be already-wealthy music executives who are, for the most part, the only people in the business still making money through the sale of music, and holier-than-thou kids on this site.

Most bands are pretty accepting of the whole thing, and giving away music is becoming more and more of a norm that they're taking into their own hands through sites like BandCamp, because they realize that's where the industry is headed. Shit, I've downloaded a handful of albums for free this week at the encouragement of the bands. So, it seems a little weird when Tad182 is trying to tell people that they're in the wrong for expecting to be able to get music for free these days. Especially because who wants to buy mp3s?

I encourage you and others in here to read this:

http://m.stereogum.com/p.p?m=b&a=rp&id=524591&postId=52459 1&postUserId=130&sessionToken=&DID= 1&DFCL=1000&DSB=_distance_&DBSB=pos tDate%23desc&DBFQ=userId%3A130+cat1 %3A%22Home%22&DL.w=&DL.d=10&DQ=&DS= 24

Also, for the record, I own a run a limited vinyl record label, so I have my own opinions about buying and owning music, but I agree: why the hell would you buy MP3s?
10:58 AM on 10/03/12
darkblue_
User Info.
a lot less than i imagined.
10:58 AM on 10/03/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I buy vinyl cause you can touch it and it has big pictures

Word
11:11 AM on 10/03/12
BlinkAvAfan21
She calls it a mayonegg.