AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

01:17 PM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
trevorshmevor
Tempe, AZ
Male - 25 Years Old
This thread was inspired by a short conversation had with a person in the Don't Panic stream thread. A few people couldn't hear Anthony Raneri's guest spot, and one of them brought up a few other guest spots on songs he couldn't hear them on. It got me thinking about some of my favorite guest vocals, and I'm curious as to what other people would have to say as well.

In no order, here are some of my favorites:

Kenny Vasoli on The Early November's "Fluxy"
Vinnie Caruana on Bayside's "The Walking Wounded"
Vinnie Caruana on Midtown's "Become What You Hate"
Matt Embree on V.I.T.A.L. Emcee's "The Writing On The Wall"
Dallas Green on Every Time I Die's "INRIhab"
Daryl Palumbo on Finch's "Grey Matter"
Keith Goodwin on The Starting Line's "Left Coast Envy"
The DuPree sisters on New Found Glory's "Boulders"
Aaron Marsh on Lydia's "Hospital"
Hailee Coppage on Brighten's "While The Fire Was Out"
Will Pugh on New Found Glory's cover of "Iris"
04:42 PM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
trevorshmevor
Tempe, AZ
Male - 25 Years Old
Love Dallas Green's ETID spot.

Right?! I honestly never even picked up on it being him until pretty recently. Now I can't unhear it, hahah.
04:45 PM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
trevorshmevor
Tempe, AZ
Male - 25 Years Old
Hayley Williams on "Set your Goals- The Few That Remain"

Not a huge SYG fan, but there are a few solid songs on that record, and I do like the way they incorporated her guest spot into that song. Do you know if they do that little stop in the song during live performances? Obviously she can't be there for every show, so I feel like that transition would be kind of awkward live.
05:35 PM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
trevorshmevor
Tempe, AZ
Male - 25 Years Old
Adam Duritz on "So Long, So Long" by Dashboard Confessional.

Didn't know this one, I never got into Dusk and Summer. Maybe it's time I gave that record a full spin. Nothing like being 6 years late to the game.
07:49 PM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
trevorshmevor
Tempe, AZ
Male - 25 Years Old
Look Mexico's Matt Agrella guesting on Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate)'s "An Idea Is A Greater Monument Than A Cathedral" is unbeatable

Never listened to Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate) before, but I liked that a lot. Any recommendation on where I should start with them?
08:57 PM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
trevorshmevor
Tempe, AZ
Male - 25 Years Old
Daryl Palumbo in ETID's "Champing At The Bit"

Totally forgot about this one! Definitely a good call.

Kenny Vasoli in The Almost's "Yule Be Sorry"

This one reminded me that Kenny also sung in "I Mostly Copy Other People" by The Almost as well. Love his part in that song, mostly because it already sounds like a Starting Line song, IMO.
12:17 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
trevorshmevor
Tempe, AZ
Male - 25 Years Old
Brendon Urie, Gabe Saporta, Travis Mc Coy, William Beckett, Alex DeLeon and Doug Neumann on Fall Out Boy's "What A Catch, Donnie"

I didn't know this one. Is it the "na na na" part?

Naming off all of those people on one song actually reminded me of that Ace Enders and a Million People cover of "Bittersweet Symphony" that featured Mark Hoppus, Matt Thiessen, Kenny Vasoli, Bryce Avary, Craig Owens, Aaron Marsh, Duane Okun, and Alex Gaskarth. A Million People is probably my least favorite thing Ace has done musically, but that was a pretty cool idea.
05:40 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
trevorshmevor
Tempe, AZ
Male - 25 Years Old
What part does he do?

He sings in the bridge. I believe his lines are "I've been working for something oh so fake" and "To correct the faults so many others made".
05:41 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
trevorshmevor
Tempe, AZ
Male - 25 Years Old
Well, their discography was for free until two days ago...so you missed out on that. But get the full length, On Time Spent Waiting, and Middle Discography. Then fill it in.

What! Haha, damnit. Just my luck. But thanks for the recommendation, I'll get on that soon.
09:26 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
trevorshmevor
Tempe, AZ
Male - 25 Years Old
Mark Hoppus on Box Car Racer's "Elevator"
Robert Smith on Blink-182's "All of This"

These are both good calls. I remember the first time hearing "All of This", and just being like, "fuck, this is awesome".
03:05 AM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
trevorshmevor
Tempe, AZ
Male - 25 Years Old
Duritz in "So Long, So Long"

It's really great. Especially that track. Duritz & Carrabba harmonizing is one of the best things that could ever occur.

Thank you both for getting me to give Dusk and Summer the proper chance I always should have. Never really got into it before, but I just listened all the way through and I'm totally down. Adam Duritz's part in "So Long, So Long" was great, too.

whoever does the female vocals on letlive's "Muther" did a great job also.

Can't believe I forgot about this. I'm not sure who did those vocals either, but I really feel like that girl made that song.

Thinking of more female guest vocals, the ones on Taking Back Sunday's "Bike Scene" and "Ghost Man On Third" are also memorable. I know the latter of those two doesn't feature much for the girl's singing, but I remember hearing her part for the first time and just thinking about how well it worked. Another honorable mention IMO is Lisa Loeb singing on New Found Glory's cover of "Stay". Such an awesome idea!
09:57 PM on 10/18/12 
User Info.
trevorshmevor
Tempe, AZ
Male - 25 Years Old
That's Heath, not Vinnie.

Source?
12:57 PM on 10/19/12 
User Info.
trevorshmevor
Tempe, AZ
Male - 25 Years Old
Knowing what Heath and Vinnie sound like.

Ha, whatever you say. I think that part sounds exactly like Vinnie, there's not a doubt in my mind that it's him. The fact that Vinnie sings on another song on the same album has helped bring me to that conclusion. Anything else Heath sings on that would help me to hear what you're hearing?
02:17 PM on 10/19/12 
User Info.
trevorshmevor
Tempe, AZ
Male - 25 Years Old
Listen to "Find Comfort in Yourself"...that's mostly Heath singing.

You're aware Vinnie sings on that song as well, right? "What you have is not what you are" at 1:43 is him for sure, and that sounds exactly like the voice in "Become What You Hate" to me. I do hear Heath in "Find Comfort In Yourself", but only in the verses.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos