AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

01:57 PM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
ProjectSLC
Salt Lake City
Male - 27 Years Old
I don't know how many of you saw that "Babel" by Mumford and Sons every other artist with its release. We have quite a folk music base here in Utah and I wanted to get some reactions to Folk music becoming more prevalent in main stream music. What Folk bands you are listening to and if you guys are in to Folk music as a whole.
02:50 PM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
ProjectSLC
Salt Lake City
Male - 27 Years Old
Right Away, Great Captain! has been a long time favorite. Anything from Andy Hull just seems to be gold.
03:12 PM on 10/03/12 
User Info.
ProjectSLC
Salt Lake City
Male - 27 Years Old
England just seems to be on the ball. Wolf Gang will be touring through the US soon and i am excited to see them in the following weeks
09:35 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
ProjectSLC
Salt Lake City
Male - 27 Years Old
Folk is anything but a fad. Whereas Kings of Leon only hit one specific group of people Folk goes back to Neil Young and even before that. It has been rising for years and Mumford and Sons has just been one of the bands to receive a lot of notoriety for what they have done. Even when they are not in the top 10 album sells or songs Folk music will not go anywhere with the fans it already has.
08:41 PM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
ProjectSLC
Salt Lake City
Male - 27 Years Old
Not much of a rise in popularity as much as something people are into at the moment. Mumford and Sons is the only top 40 folksy band out there, the rest are overlooked. Not a great recipe for prolonged popularity, especially considering Mumford aren't exactly a top notch act.

Prolonged radio popularity is a good point. The Lumineers are on their way I think also. However I don't think folk will ever really catch on with the radio crowd but is very prevalent in the indie scene. More so because I don't think it would be classified, subclassified or whatever you might call it in with indie. So the rise of folk bands just under mainstream is a pretty good step.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets