Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 40
06:06 PM on 10/03/12
tdlyon
Set phasers to love me
User Info.
I guess you could say that Blink is now the most relevant pop punk band. Or maybe just that their fanbase is a lot more dedicated while most of Green Day's is made up of casual listeners who are less likely to buy an album.
No, Green Day is still way more relevant than Blink. Everybody knows who GD is, but my sister in middle school said that a bunch of people in her school haven't even heard of Blink. Which is incredibly sad.
06:15 PM on 10/03/12
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
User Info.
No, Green Day is still way more relevant than Blink. Everybody knows who GD is, but my sister in middle school said that a bunch of people in her school haven't even heard of Blink. Which is incredibly sad.
I guess you're right, but I still stand by my statement that Blink has a much more dedicated fanbase, who will continue to actually buy their new albums. Green Day's fans are more composed of the people who will download a couple songs they heard on the radio.
06:16 PM on 10/03/12
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
Mumford is 1 and 10? Wow. I'm not a fan but that is pretty neat.
06:19 PM on 10/03/12
narca9
killed the beast!
User Info.
Kind of surprised by that number. Granted, the singles failed, but Green Day has been huge the past decade. I thought for sure they would have done better than blink's Neighborhoods at 155k.
06:40 PM on 10/03/12
The_Effort
User Info.
I guess you're right, but I still stand by my statement that Blink has a much more dedicated fanbase, who will continue to actually buy their new albums. Green Day's fans are more composed of the people who will download a couple songs they heard on the radio.

Idk about that. I mean, yeah green day has a good amount of fans who probably only know their radio hits, but that probably isn't too big a percentage of their fan base. I'd say a majority of it is people who have been fans for a long time and either don't like the direction of the last couple albums so are not interested in the new material, or perhaps are waiting to decide how they feel about it before picking up a physical copy. I do agree that blink fans are a bit more loyal (as proven by first week sales) but I don't think green days fan base is mostly people who only care for radio hits. Especially since I know a lot of people who have been fans for a long time and never even listen to the radio.

I could be wrong though.
06:49 PM on 10/03/12
Mister Lyrical
Forging Clarity
User Info.
Idk about that. I mean, yeah green day has a good amount of fans who probably only know their radio hits, but that probably isn't too big a percentage of their fan base. I'd say a majority of it is people who have been fans for a long time and either don't like the direction of the last couple albums so are not interested in the new material, or perhaps are waiting to decide how they feel about it before picking up a physical copy. I do agree that blink fans are a bit more loyal (as proven by first week sales) but I don't think green days fan base is mostly people who only care for radio hits. Especially since I know a lot of people who have been fans for a long time and never even listen to the radio.

I could be wrong though.
I'm not trying to say that every single Green Day fan (or most) only likes the singles. I'm just saying that Green Day probably has a higher percentage of casual listeners than Blink does. Green Day still sells more tickets so I don't know.
07:04 PM on 10/03/12
The_Effort
User Info.
I'm not trying to say that every single Green Day fan (or most) only likes the singles. I'm just saying that Green Day has a higher percentage of casual listeners than Blink does. Green Day still sells more tickets so I don't know.

Point taken. I kinda misinterpreted it and took it as most haha my bad.
07:28 PM on 10/03/12
antiradio
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

do you think this album (uno) will sell more then the blink album over time?
08:13 PM on 10/03/12
harveyn590
User Info.
Pretty decent I mean Blink sold less with Neighborhoods last year and that's Blink. Its tough times for a band selling records these days with piracy.
Also worth noting, Mumford and Sons sold 599.9K this week.
08:20 PM on 10/03/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
I'd say Neighborhoods had every diehard Blink fan excited, whilst many true Green Day fans probably didn't rush out to pick up Uno. And Uno is the better record, though I like both.
08:26 PM on 10/03/12
PermanentTourists
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Cool to see fun still moving nearly 20k a week.
08:39 PM on 10/03/12
MyFriendsOver
Your pictures are already burned.
User Info.
Super impressive sales, given the relatively weak performance of the lead single.
08:51 PM on 10/03/12
Clockwise
Running on Fruit Snacks
User Info.
I think blink would have sold less than 155k if it wasn't their first album in over 8 years. Both Green Day and blink have really dedicated fanbases, Green Day's is just bigger. Not by an insane amount though.
09:01 PM on 10/03/12
DooDooBird
User Info.
How come iTunes isn't promoting this album? Is there a reason? I mean, it never was on their main page. And it's ranked liked 50th or something in album sales. so, yeah.
09:20 PM on 10/03/12
PaperLantern
New Valencia in 2010!
User Info.
do you think this album (uno) will sell more then the blink album over time?
I think it will. Green Day albums typically have long legs when it comes to sales.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos