Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 40 of 40
08:23 PM on 10/03/12
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
I think it will. Green Day albums typically have long legs when it comes to sales.
I don't think that will be the case this time becasue they have two more albums coming out that will cut off their own legs.
09:40 PM on 10/03/12
lotusmilano
just follow your heart
User Info.
Lol lol lol Número dos con el album uno ey? Muy bien dia verde
10:16 PM on 10/03/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I guess you could say that Blink is now the most relevant pop punk band. Or maybe just that their fanbase is a lot more dedicated while most of Green Day's is made up of casual listeners who are less likely to buy an album.
People bought that Blink album cause it was a reunion. This is Green Day's zillionth album. Judge Blink's album sales by their next album (not that album sales matter at all as judgment)
10:42 PM on 10/03/12
Robb
ism
User Info.
Lol lol lol Número dos con el album uno ey? Muy bien dia verde
12:25 AM on 10/04/12
veronabryce
User Info.
hell yeah
07:26 AM on 10/04/12
Fox83
User Info.
Let's not forget that American Idiot was big for fans when it released, but it blew up when Boulevard of Broken Dreams was released as a single. My point it: If Uno gets legs on the sales charts, it's because the follow up to Oh, Love will have to be a single that turns heads. I'm not sure that Uno! has any single that can do that, but I've been proven wrong by what the masses latch onto many times in the past.
11:17 AM on 10/04/12
PaperLantern
New Valencia in 2010!
User Info.
I don't think that will be the case this time becasue they have two more albums coming out that will cut off their own legs.
Good point.
01:44 PM on 10/04/12
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
Let's not forget that American Idiot was big for fans when it released, but it blew up when Boulevard of Broken Dreams was released as a single. My point it: If Uno gets legs on the sales charts, it's because the follow up to Oh, Love will have to be a single that turns heads. I'm not sure that Uno! has any single that can do that, but I've been proven wrong by what the masses latch onto many times in the past.
Well, American Idiot debuted on number 1 at the Billboard even before Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Wake Me Up When September Ends were released. However they had American Idiot as a lead single and that one probably made the album go to number 1 right away. Which was pretty impressive since the last thing most people heard of Green Day back then was the Minority single, and that one was four years in the past. American Idiot also had an awesome and memorable music video.

Oh Love as the lead single was the most idiotic move Green Day could have done. The song is just boring as hell and the video was fucking atrocious. Kill the DJ was also a horrible single choice. Those two are definitely the worst songs on the album, I have no idea why they were chosen as singles. I blame the bad single choices for not debuting at number 1, they do not represent the album at all.

Stay the Night should have been the lead single, with a great and ambitious music video. Then Let Yourself Go and maybe Nuclear Family.
05:46 AM on 10/05/12
LetterBomb31
// I M P O S S I B L E S O U L //
User Info.
I'm not trying to say that every single Green Day fan (or most) only likes the singles. I'm just saying that Green Day has a higher percentage of casual listeners than Blink does. Green Day still sells more tickets so I don't know.
You're pulling all this out your ass, what statistics/facts are you basing this on?
06:19 AM on 10/05/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.

Opps my bad!

Either way still think Green Days sales aren't bad at all. Be interesting to see how the other two albums follow. My thoughts is Uno! will be the best seller since its the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos