Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 45
06:24 PM on 10/03/12
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
My assumption is that Universal Music Group owns the rights to these records.
06:31 PM on 10/03/12
L-dawg
BHR Records
User Info.
My assumption is that Universal Music Group owns the rights to these records.
Or at least they think they do. This is not hot topic's fault it is Universal's. It's their job to tell the band. Hot topic just asks if its possible. They do not press records Universal does.
06:45 PM on 10/03/12
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
So it's not the usual SRC/HT joint release?
Thats never happened
07:00 PM on 10/03/12
RiCCioLi
Midtown Saves.
User Info.
Really hope this happens and that everyone including the band is happy.
07:23 PM on 10/03/12
buddah knome
Registered Member
User Info.
This happened last time STWLTG was going to get pressed.
07:34 PM on 10/03/12
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
Haha this is so dumb. I obviously don't know exactly what's going behind the scenes with this but I do know:

1) SRC is not releasing this. Cripes, do your research.
2) DTR has been hinting at a gaggle of vinyl releases coming up this year and these releases fit right in with that. I have no idea why DTR supposedly has no idea about this.
3) Robb should chill. I doubt he was making much money when Midtown was active- how much is he going to make from a small vinyl pressing? Maintaining control over when these records are pressed cannot be a lucrative undertaking. Plus, just let it happen for the fans.
07:37 PM on 10/03/12
KenneyBN
will be gone till July 2015 on mish
User Info.
At least we can all agree Gabe is a douche bag :)
07:56 PM on 10/03/12
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
If it wasnt for hot topic getting the rights to this is probally wouldnt happend ever. Dude needs to dry those tears.
10:38 PM on 10/03/12
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
not getting involved in the argument; however if there was a vinyl release I would buy it.

i fucking love Midtown.

- Gunz
10:53 PM on 10/03/12
swboyd
The Screaming Wind
User Info.
If it's being done through Hot Topic, then it's probably being done through legitimate channels. Just some food for thought.
08:36 AM on 10/04/12
Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
I would guess, like everyone is saying, that the decision was made by Universal (formally MCA). I know for sure that they were partnered with Drive-Thru when 'Living Well Is The Best Revenge' came out but I'm not sure about 'Save The World, Lose The Girl'. So in the end if Universal decides they are going to go forward with pressing the record then there's really nothing that can be done. That being said, it would be interesting to see how the rest of the band feels about this. They may not be against it.

Qustion: If Universal owns the masters or the license or whatever does that mean that no one else but them can press this record?
10:48 AM on 10/04/12
Sicumrocks17
Sam
User Info.
Zummy, pretty much I think, if they own it they are the only ones that can press/grant permission to press...even the band itself would need their permission to press it...That's why HT has to get the license to press it from the record label before they can actually press it
11:03 AM on 10/04/12
Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Because otherwise I don't see why Midtown or at least Rob Hitt (via I,Surender) wouldn't release it himself. I really want the vinyls but I don't want the band being angry about it.
12:09 PM on 10/04/12
cmcginn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For better or worse, this happens all of the time. In recent memory: RXB's "Progress" and This Charming Man's "Every Little Secret". In each case, members of the band didn't know it was going to happen. For "Progress", it was Drive-Thru that sold the rights for pressing, which some form of that is likely what is going on here.
11:11 AM on 10/05/12
frenchatticus
"Capitalism is killing music."
User Info.
Lol this is dumb just because they don't necessarily know doesn't mean it didn't get properly licensed for the release.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos