Username
Password

10:31 AM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
TachyonEvan
Batman, for example, and Magellan.
Chicago
Male
Weren't you a nats fan partially this year??

They're my second-favorite team, haha. So I root for both teams, but when they face off, I can't exactly root against the city I grew up in and the one sports team I've loved my whole life, haha.

That being said, Nats deserved this more than the Cards this year. Matheny getting rewarded for shenanigans.
10:31 AM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
cryates
Fan of all things Georgia
Rossville, Georgia
Male - 26 Years Old
Weren't you a nats fan partially this year??

He was riding Harper's jock for the most of the season and said multiple times he was excited about the Nats. Even had a Bryce avatar for a while. I don't get him at all but then again I'm not sure anyone does.
10:32 AM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
TachyonEvan
Batman, for example, and Magellan.
Chicago
Male
He was all over Harper's nuts if I remember right. Not starting shit, just pointing out what I saw in the regular season thread.

Yeah his avatar was a picture of Harper for a while.
He was riding Harper's jock for the most of the season and said multiple times he was excited about the Nats. Even had a Bryce avatar for a while. I don't get him at all but then again I'm not sure anyone does.

Of course I love Bryce Harper. Everyone should love Bryce Harper. One of my top 5 favorite current players already. Only non-Cardinal other than Justin Verlander that I like that much.
10:43 AM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
mr. man
Male - 32 Years Old
Can't stop the Cardinals, apparently.

Anyway, sorry Nats fans. On to the next one.

And lol @ all the Cardinal hate in this thread. especially by Braves fans. Apparently you forgot the '90s ever happened.

Thinking about the 1996 NLCS against the Braves still makes me cringe. One game away and two games weren't even close. Sickening.
10:57 AM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
I never understood why people are against rooting for two teams. I'm an O's and Nats fan.

edit: Then again, I care about the Orioles a lot more than I do the Nats.
11:23 AM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
Killadelphia
I never understood why people are against rooting for two teams. I'm an O's and Nats fan.

I can understand following another team in a different league or conference, but it seems weird I guess unless you have a hometown team and u moved to another city. Idk, I guess the point of being a fan is the loyalty involved. But then again, it is just sports.
11:32 AM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
cryates
Rossville, Georgia
Male - 26 Years Old
I can understand rooting for multiple teams, like me rooting for the Nats to win it all when the Braves went out, but not being an actual devoted fan of multiple teams. Like that one kid in the college football thread who claims he has 3 teams...LSU, Nebraska, and FSU. Those 3 are not remotely in the same vicinity and it seems like a gimmick so he always has a team who is doing well that he can fall back on and say he is a fan of.
11:44 AM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
cryates
Rossville, Georgia
Male - 26 Years Old
Apparently Nats season ticket holders woke up to this today:

It got sent out by a third party affiliated with the Nats
12:03 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
I could see being a fan of two teams in different leagues of a sport (one NL, one AL) but in the same league separated by division? That's kinda redundant in my opinion.
06:49 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
Recovery Room
2014 NL EAST DIVISION CHAMPS
Neverland
Male
Yeah, he's so stupid for being from St. Louis!!!
That's exactly what I meant! Good job, good effort!
06:52 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
Eich696
I hate TY Hilton
South Jersey
Male - 24 Years Old
I can understand following another team in a different league or conference, but it seems weird I guess unless you have a hometown team and u moved to another city. Idk, I guess the point of being a fan is the loyalty involved. But then again, it is just sports.

Exactly. The only team I really like is the Phillies. I'll root for a few other teams when watching them, but I'm not going out of my way to be a fan of those teams. Only team I may become a fan of is the Royals because I am in KC now and what they do doesn't hurt the Phillies (except in the first series of next year), but the Phillies are always going to be my number 1.
09:15 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
Genuma
Plainfield, IL
Male
you sound like a terrible person
that's what I've been trying for.
10:23 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified

this. the Nats feel kind of like a new fad while liking the Orioles is like, part of being a Marylander. i cussed up a storm and drank myself into oblivion once the Orioles lost game 5, i fell asleep during the Nats game 5 and when i woke up and found out they gave up that lead i laughed
10:48 PM on 10/13/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
I follow the Mariners aside from the Cards. I wanted an AL team to follow and since I have family up in Seattle, I decided why not? I'm not as big a fan of them as I am with the Cards by any means but I still actively followed them and kept up with their games and news as I do with the Cards. I don't see that as being that bad as it would be jumping on a bandwagon or following multiple teams to better your odds of you getting to root for one of your teams making it to the championship.
04:35 AM on 10/14/12 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
________
this. the Nats feel kind of like a new fad while liking the Orioles is like, part of being a Marylander. i cussed up a storm and drank myself into oblivion once the Orioles lost game 5, i fell asleep during the Nats game 5 and when i woke up and found out they gave up that lead i laughed

Yeah, the Orioles are kind of a Maryland "tradition" even though they've been bad for so long. Most of their fans are very casual/fairweather but they do have a pretty dedicated following across the state. They also have a large presence in the blogosphere.

My reaction to the Nationals losing was that it was just typical DC sports. Every team in the city is destined for heartbreak.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos