Username
Password

07:48 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Voting through early mail in ballot right now. Trying to be thorough in knowing what i'm voting for/against as far as these amendments go. No.8 Constitutional Amendment Article 1, Section 3 pretty much says if it is passed no person or entity could be denied Florida state goverment benefits based on religious belief (i agree with) AND the Florida goverment would be allowed to use state taxpayer money to directly and indirectly aid any church , sect , denomination , ect (which i don't agree with) Torn about this one.

EDIT
voted no because i think the last part violotes seperation of church and state.
any interesting amendments on your guys local ballots?

I haven't done any reading on this but based on your post I'm in agreement with you.
07:49 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
voted yes for the amendment to prohibit public funding of abortion except in cases of illness ,rape , or incest.
I may be pro-choice but i don't believe taxpayer money should pay for abortions.

Not in agreement with you here. So you're pro-choice only for women who can afford the abortion?
08:16 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
I think taxpayer money going to healthcare it should just go to fixing medical issues that could cause harm to someone.
You mean like preventative care? So can taxpayer money go to birth control?
Quote:
Being pregnant is not a dangerous medical issue (in most cases) As bad as it sound abortion is an elective procedure.
It's not for some people. Having a kid means needing a lot of money. It means sacrificing a lot of time. Having a kid may mean declaring bankruptcy. Or for a young woman forfeiting college.
Quote:
I'm all for charity to fund abortions for women who can't afford it i just don't think taxpayer money to go towards that.

I'd rather know a woman can safely take care of her body, regardless of her economic circumstance.
08:29 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
I kinda voted against my personal beliefs on abortion based on principal on that one , knowing it was an unpopular choice.
Haha, it happens.
voted yes for property tax discounts for disabled combat veterans.

How does this one work? Sounds like I'd be in favor of it but I'd like to read a little about it.
08:45 AM on 10/04/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
the discount already exists but this amendment just expands it to include injured/disabled combat veterans who were not florida residents when they entered the military.

Oh, then yeah. You'd be a serious asshole to not support that.
12:09 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Why should I pay for someone to have an abortion (unless in a case of rape)? If someone willingly has sex and gets pregnant, that's there problem. If they can't afford an abortion, should have used some protection.

Why does this suddenly make you want to pay for an abortion?
12:18 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Well first off, most abortions are not for rape cases, so it would be a significantly lower volume and less money out of my pocket. Second, rape victims obviously are not getting knocked up by choice, and in that case I can sympathize if they don't have the money to afford an abortion. If you're willingly choosing to take the risk though, then it's up to you to deal with the outcome.

How much are you currently contributing to pay for abortions?
12:51 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
It's not about how much I'm currently paying
You can't say this.
Originally Posted by LifeOsDefiance
then I will be paying more.
And follow it up with this.
Originally Posted by LifeOfDefiance
It might not be a huge amount, but everything adds up and if I supported every social program that came through, I would have no money left. So it's not really about the money for this one specific cause, but more so just my general beliefs. I'm not going to pay for something that I don't think is a worthy cause, even if it is a small amount of money.

So can I not pay for the wars we're in? Or for the tax breaks oil companies receive? Is there a sheet I fill out that gives me options of which things I'd like to contribute towards?
Originally Posted by LifeOfDefiance
Which is why I don't support public funding for anyone to get an abortion, because in my opinion, there's a certain risk that needs to be assessed when you partake in anything and if you're not willing or capable of dealing with the outcomes of that choice, then that is something you should have thought about beforehand. I'm not going to give away my money for every little mistake someone else makes with their life.

Sure, there's a certain risk in anything you do. You enter into a social contract by living here. This country is designed to make sure one mistake doesn't ruin their lives. I'm sorry you're not in favor of that just so you can hang on to a couple dollars.
01:03 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
here's an article about said abortion amendment for those interested
http://www2.tbo.com/news/politics/20...-li-ar-519100/

that privacy clause was nowhere on the ballot.. might of reconsidered then.
fuck i got dooped. should have done more research before i voted.

Or listened to me.
01:47 PM on 10/05/12 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Umad? Just kidding

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives