Username
Password

05:33 AM on 11/04/12 
User Info.
Dicebox
magnificentdefeat.bandcam p.com
Cebu, Philippines
Male - 24 Years Old
Was the one I was most conflicted about but I mainly voted no because there are already a lot of laws on the books to curb human trafficking, I really think these kind of laws are best left to the state legislatures, and I don't think increased penalties are really the answer. The idea that a consensual prostitute's family that is dependent on their earnings could be sentenced as a human trafficker and become a registered sex offender seems a little absurd to me as well. Just couldn't bring myself to vote yes on it with the way it was structured I guess.

Gotcha. Im actually pretty excited about this amendment so that's why I asked. I agree with you that this should be left up to the state legislatures. I know that a big reason they wanted this on the ballot was to raise awareness, but it kinda skirts around the reasons what the purpose of the ballot is. I've heard the argument about innocent families being registered as sex offenders for the line of work they're in. However, in the text of the bill, I'm really not seeing where that could happen unless you were breaking the already preexisting laws.

One thing I am excited about is that minors caught in prostitution cannot be legally charged of a criminal act.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets