Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 182
07:36 PM on 10/04/12
Clown_Baby
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not really sure why he felt the need to express this.

You're such a dum dum appleby
07:36 PM on 10/04/12
rawspinner
Fight the Cancer
User Info.

Was this a b-side or something?
07:45 PM on 10/04/12
5fikev
User Info.
I honestly think lennon was poking fun at himself and was purposefully meaning to be hypocritical. It's no mystery that he struggled with who he was. He's merely making suggestions in the song. It's just a man going through ideas in his head. Take it as a look inside a mans head and not a way to live your life. It was never meant to be the huge anthem it has become.
07:51 PM on 10/04/12
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
yeah, this guy is a complete asshole.
08:01 PM on 10/04/12
Alison1488
____
User Info.
Two pages in and I can't believe how many people are not defending "Imagine". Whether you are or aren't a Lennon or Beatles fan, that is one of the most perfect songs of a generation. It may have been overplayed, but the message is beautiful. It kind of breaks my heart to see so many young people down-trodden it.
08:03 PM on 10/04/12
rbf737
User Info.
Sorry to further devolve this into a Beatles discussion but hands down Paul was the best in my opinion. Lennon ruled the roost in the Hard Days Night years, but Paul came into his own time and time again after that, churning out pop gem after pop gem.

Relating to this, I think Imagine is a pretty great song, even better when you consider it helped inspire "Don't Look Back in Anger"... but I digress.

I imagine (no pun intended) Frank's just heard it way too many times and maybe people make a bigger deal over it in England.
08:25 PM on 10/04/12
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
Was this a b-side or something?
Yep, Vheissu b-side.

Apparently the band ended up hating it, so they didn't include it on the Red Sky EP with the others.
08:34 PM on 10/04/12
drewbaldy
phanyes1 doesn't suck
User Info.
the beatles are the most overrated band in history. come at me

Agree 100%. Backstreet boys/nsync of their time except they could play their instruments
08:54 PM on 10/04/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I will not quote anyone in this thread.
08:57 PM on 10/04/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Two pages in and I can't believe how many people are not defending "Imagine". Whether you are or aren't a Lennon or Beatles fan, that is one of the most perfect songs of a generation. It may have been overplayed, but the message is beautiful. It kind of breaks my heart to see so many young people down-trodden it.

Shit. I have to quote this for truth.
08:59 PM on 10/04/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
yeah, this guy is a complete asshole.
For having an opinion? Jeez. You must be an asshole too, because you're posting your opinion right now.
09:05 PM on 10/04/12
sargentlgfuad
Glass boy
User Info.
For having an opinion? Jeez. You must be an asshole too, because you're posting your opinion right now.
Nah, man. He's done a lot of shitty things in the past at shows and whatnot. He's kind of known for being arrogant. Hate to break it to you. And just reading that article. The way that he articulates himself is just so self-assertive as if his way is the only way to think of the song, is solid proof.

People can have opinions, no harm in that. It's how you you address your opinion that determines your level of assholiness.
09:08 PM on 10/04/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
the beatles are the most overrated band in history. come at me
I can't agree more. Out of the numerous times I've attempted to get into them, I've failed every single time.
09:11 PM on 10/04/12
evanmeindl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If this guy writes anything that ever impacts music universally a fraction of the way "Imagine" has, let me know.
09:17 PM on 10/04/12
suckitandsee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is the weirdest response to a post I've ever seen.
One of the most important bands in history has been compared to as NSync (maybe as a joke?) and nobody even bats an eye?
I'm not the biggest Beatles supporter, but they were a revolution. I assume it was more than the music, it was just the perfect timing and everything just happened to come together (no pun intended). Not a fan is a valid opinion, but calling them overrated just seems like a poor choice of words.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos