Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
06:24 AM on 10/05/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
This was an awesome show. For those interested Mansions played mostly Dig Up the Dead stuff and then a re-done version of Talk Talk Talk in the middle of the set.

Edit: After this tour, Chris from Mansions said they would do a new record, but no specific plans on when they want to record and whatnot.
07:26 AM on 10/05/12
MJSchmidt
User Info.
Chris had told me he had been recording over the summer. Why he's been so quiet over the last few months. Who knows though.
I'm so jealous of anyone who gets him on these dates.
Yeah, I would imgaine he has some demos ready to go. Not sure if he plans to do some more writing as well. But, as far as actually professionally recording the new album goes, there are no set timelines for it. He just knows he wants to do work for the new album the rest of this year after this tour run comes to an end.

Are mansions on the whole tour?

TBS setlist looks fantastic
I didn't ask him, but the website says they are on the tour until 10/15.
01:08 PM on 10/05/12
MJSchmidt
User Info.
Was there a big crowd for Mansions? I'm really happy he got on this tour, Chris deserves it and I hope this gives him a lot of exposure!
Yes and no haha. Yes, there was a sold out crowd there to see him. It was pretty nice to see the HOB basically filled up before the first act even went on. I would say no, however, because not many people were familiar or knew who he was. He got a rather typical opener response from the crowd. I think most people were somewhat into what he was doing and being pretty respectful, but there weren't many who knew the songs. I think it was probably what Chris expected to receive.
01:18 PM on 10/05/12
MJSchmidt
User Info.
I just texted a friend this same thing.

Since the reincarnation of the original lineup they've been playing a ton of the same songs. What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost, Error Operator, Decade, Liar, 180, El Paso, Spin (occasionally) and a one or two other tracks are like all they play off the albums that don't include Nolan and Shaun Cooper. Not to say they aren't great great songs and I haven't enjoyed seeing them live butttt I'd liek some variation too.

Songs I'd love to hear this band play again:

The Union, I Am Fred Astaire, Number 5 With A Bullet, Little Devotional, Slowdance on the Inside, My Blue Heaven, Twenty Twenty Surgery, Miami, Sink Into Me, WHere My Mouth Is.
I would guess the main reason they tend to rotate the same WYWTB and Louder Now songs is because Fred did quite a bit of writing for those albums. More on Louder Now, I believe. So, I would guess there is some sort agreement, be it mutual or legal that they will not/cannot play those songs Fred is responsible for writing. With New Again, I am not sure who did all of the writing, but I think it mostly comes down to most fans and the band don't like those songs all that much. Combine all that with the TAYF response from fans, John and Shawn being back, and wanting to play self titled songs too, it gives the sort of rotating setlist they have had the past year or so.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests