11:00 AM on 10/05/12
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Needs "My Blue Heaven"
11:33 AM on 10/05/12
texan4lif281
User Info.
This is definitely becoming an rdio playlist.
11:34 AM on 10/05/12
texan4lif281
User Info.
still bummed there is no new again! but I'm the only one

There are a few on that album that'd be nice to be played.
12:35 PM on 10/05/12
steve187
nah
User Info.
i'm going to the acoustic one in philly. it's gonna be awesome but i'm kinda bummed i probably won't ever get to see ballad of sal villanueva full band live
01:08 PM on 10/05/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Was there a big crowd for Mansions? I'm really happy he got on this tour, Chris deserves it and I hope this gives him a lot of exposure!
Yes and no haha. Yes, there was a sold out crowd there to see him. It was pretty nice to see the HOB basically filled up before the first act even went on. I would say no, however, because not many people were familiar or knew who he was. He got a rather typical opener response from the crowd. I think most people were somewhat into what he was doing and being pretty respectful, but there weren't many who knew the songs. I think it was probably what Chris expected to receive.
01:18 PM on 10/05/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
I just texted a friend this same thing.

Since the reincarnation of the original lineup they've been playing a ton of the same songs. What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost, Error Operator, Decade, Liar, 180, El Paso, Spin (occasionally) and a one or two other tracks are like all they play off the albums that don't include Nolan and Shaun Cooper. Not to say they aren't great great songs and I haven't enjoyed seeing them live butttt I'd liek some variation too.

Songs I'd love to hear this band play again:

The Union, I Am Fred Astaire, Number 5 With A Bullet, Little Devotional, Slowdance on the Inside, My Blue Heaven, Twenty Twenty Surgery, Miami, Sink Into Me, WHere My Mouth Is.
I would guess the main reason they tend to rotate the same WYWTB and Louder Now songs is because Fred did quite a bit of writing for those albums. More on Louder Now, I believe. So, I would guess there is some sort agreement, be it mutual or legal that they will not/cannot play those songs Fred is responsible for writing. With New Again, I am not sure who did all of the writing, but I think it mostly comes down to most fans and the band don't like those songs all that much. Combine all that with the TAYF response from fans, John and Shawn being back, and wanting to play self titled songs too, it gives the sort of rotating setlist they have had the past year or so.
02:01 PM on 10/05/12
Chobble
User Info.
Couldn't figure out how to muti-quote on my phone...The 3 of you are stupid.
02:08 PM on 10/05/12
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Yes and no haha. Yes, there was a sold out crowd there to see him. It was pretty nice to see the HOB basically filled up before the first act even went on. I would say no, however, because not many people were familiar or knew who he was. He got a rather typical opener response from the crowd. I think most people were somewhat into what he was doing and being pretty respectful, but there weren't many who knew the songs. I think it was probably what Chris expected to receive.

Yeah, he's used to pretty much playing to a new crowd almost all the time. I'm just glad he had a big crowd to play too. Hopefully by the end of his run with TBS, he will have gained alot of new fans who will fall in love with Dig Up The Dead just like I have. I always support the guy by buying merch and music and whatnot so it'll be good to see more people catch on and further support him so he can continue making music!
02:11 PM on 10/05/12
Chobble
User Info.
Yea that's right, muti-quote.
02:20 PM on 10/05/12
Kid Amnesiac
User Info.
Guys, listen to Mansions before attending these shows. They are just so damn good. Wormhole is one of the best songs EVER. Also, Bayside kills it on stage. Love love love this tour.
02:33 PM on 10/05/12
ChaseTx
Mansions will not be at my date. Gabriel the Marine will.
04:32 PM on 10/05/12
taketotheriv
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i have some of the oldest,rarest small hall shows from early TBS on tape....yet i have no idea how to upload it.
04:49 PM on 10/05/12
Journey408
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
no "Up Against" no care

why didn't they play Tell All Your Friends first? thought thats the whole point of anniversary tours...play the whole album first then play whatever after

Man Overboard setlist?!?
05:52 PM on 10/05/12
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
Obviously the last 12 songs are going to be played in that order. That's the point of the tour..

Regardless, even at regular shows their setlist is pretty damn predictable. Doesn't make me live them any less, though.
08:01 PM on 10/05/12
joppyxtsl
hun?
User Info.
no "Up Against" no care

why didn't they play Tell All Your Friends first? thought thats the whole point of anniversary tours...play the whole album first then play whatever after

Man Overboard setlist?!?
Man Overboard aren't on the tour yet. They're doing the west coast run soon.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests