Spencer Control
So it goes.
User Info.
Well, I say good for them.
05:23 AM on 10/06/12
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.

Shout out to this thread for winning this trophy.
Lol. This.
06:02 AM on 10/06/12
Quijiba
User Info.
I wish I liked this as much as the rest of the world seems to .... it's ok, just not that great.
I know what you mean. I want to like it more but Babel is just okay for me
07:06 AM on 10/06/12
ALEXMASONRULES
User Info.
This album and band are great. It isn't the best album, obviously, but it's good. Be happy some good music is dominating the charts for once. Sorry it's not Brand New. Ridiculous.
09:57 AM on 10/06/12
AndrewCloer
brokenharmonics.bandcamp. com
User Info.
Except no one realized they were listening to 6 different songs.
10:05 AM on 10/06/12
xName Takenx
User Info.
isn't that a bad thing? to release all 6 songs in a week???

don't you usually want to spread them out to increase the longevity of your album?
10:06 AM on 10/06/12
xName Takenx
User Info.
Except no one realized they were listening to 6 different songs.
BOOM.

ROASTED.
11:35 AM on 10/06/12
Matthew Moore
http://twitter.com/matthewrmoore
User Info.
Wow, that's insane.

How has like... Katy Perry not ever done this? Didn't she have the most number one hits off of any album ever?
"Most Hot 100 Hits In A Week By A Band Since The Beatles"

That's how.
12:43 PM on 10/06/12
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
isn't that a bad thing? to release all 6 songs in a week???

don't you usually want to spread them out to increase the longevity of your album?
All the songs weren't thrown out there as radio singles at the same time (there's only one true single released so far "I Will Wait")it's like 6 of the first tracks on the album that are being purchased a whole lot & getting some spins and whatnot.
10:28 PM on 10/06/12
walking_by91
Registered Member
User Info.
Good for them. I've been enjoying this album a lot and it's nice to see an artist with some lyrical depth be so successful.
10:54 PM on 10/06/12
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
I wish I liked this as much as the rest of the world seems to .... it's ok, just not that great.
Completely with you on this one. The only songs I really listen to are Babel, I Will Wait, and The Boxer.
06:27 AM on 10/07/12
tmathews
User Info.
i love this album, and i really don't think it sounds the same as sigh no more other than having acoustic guitars, kick drum, banjo, and lots of harmonies. there's a different energy to this album i thought. the bonus tracks are all very awesome as well, so yeah, i love it
07:01 AM on 10/07/12
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
Or people actually just like it?
you can't actually believe people like this more than taylor swift can you? were talking about the biggest artists in the world not doing this, and for me to actually believe this isn't staged or a breakdown in the system is just crazy.
08:03 AM on 10/07/12
reid
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
you can't actually believe people like this more than taylor swift can you? were talking about the biggest artists in the world not doing this, and for me to actually believe this isn't staged or a breakdown in the system is just crazy.
i can and do. you do realize the band's first record went double platinum, right? they quietly increased sales pretty much every week on the charts for two years. if you'd paid attention to the story, this would be no surprise to you. brilliant campaign on Glassnote's part, and great restraint on the band and their management's part to underplay for the last few years. built demand, built hype, and they got a great payoff.
08:48 AM on 10/07/12
rocknroll365
rocknroll365
User Info.
i can and do. you do realize the band's first record went double platinum, right? they quietly increased sales pretty much every week on the charts for two years. if you'd paid attention to the story, this would be no surprise to you. brilliant campaign on Glassnote's part, and great restraint on the band and their management's part to underplay for the last few years. built demand, built hype, and they got a great payoff.
nope. i know nothing of this band. which is why this seems way out of left field. nowadays bands that are usually this big are plastered all over everything. either way it's great for the band, but i don't hear the appeal.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos