AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 100 of 100
06:32 PM on 10/07/12
cambridge4301
User Info.
You need to learn a little bit of reading comprehension, I never said they didn't add anything to music, in fact, I believe my exact words were "lyrics are an addition to the music" or w/e I said .I said they weren't music, which is pretty fucking obvious unless your autistic. Judging music by its lyrical content is just absurd, it would be like judging a piece of art by the frame around the picture, sure a better frame will enhance the picture, but it's not the main focal point of the piece, and I think mumford and sons does exactly that, the frame is beautiful, but the actual piece if just bland and boring.

Lyrics are just as important to the song as the instruments are. Are you suggesting that acapella isn't a genre? or that it doesn't qualify as music? because i assure you, both are true. People listen to songs for lyrics because they can relate to it and that is where and how the appreciation forms for most people. People can't relate to a picture frame in a piece of art the same way people relate to lyrics. This is why bands like Mogwai, Maserati and other instrumental bands don't make it on the radio.

Duh.
06:55 PM on 10/07/12
ANGRYGREENOLIVE
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lyrics are just as important to the song as the instruments are. Are you suggesting that acapella isn't a genre? or that it doesn't qualify as music? because i assure you, both are true. People listen to songs for lyrics because they can relate to it and that is where and how the appreciation forms for most people. People can't relate to a picture frame in a piece of art the same way people relate to lyrics. This is why bands like Mogwai, Maserati and other instrumental bands don't make it on the radio.

Duh.
No, and I knew you would fall back to that argument as well, I was even considering putting it in my original statements, but I thought to myself "I'm sure they will get what I'm saying!", acapella is certainly a genre, when I say lyrics, I mean the actual words, not the vocal melodies, which are entirely different things. The song can be in gibberish, and have the same vocal melody, and it will still be the same song, it doesn't work the other way around. The fact that you can't relate to instrumental music without words is quite sad, and I honestly feel bad for you if you seriously cannot derive pleasure from such pieces, instrumental music does much more than tell a story, it also paints it for you in your head, and sets the scene and mood, now imagine a good instrumental with some good vocal melodies and then sprinkle some lyrics on top, and now plebs like you who don't have the mental capacity to comprehend and imagine can understand what the artist is trying to convey. It's why I personally hate mumford and sons, I feel like they just handed over exactly what they meant on a silver platter, and I literally have no work to do in order to discover the meaning of the song, or a different meaning that I can relate to personally, and it all stems from the fact they are boring instrumentally. The only things lyrics do is either, Enhance the song, or detract from the song. If I was really just interested in listening to 'music' for lyrics, I would read a poetry book, while listening to instrumentals that were well thought out (and I'm not just talking about stuff that was recorded by 'real' instruments, it can be electronic music as well) But I completely understand, after all, you enjoy mumford and sons

Duh.
07:08 PM on 10/07/12
cambridge4301
User Info.
No, and I knew you would fall back to that argument as well, I was even considering putting it in my original statements, but I thought to myself "I'm sure they will get what I'm saying!", acapella is certainly a genre, when I say lyrics, I mean the actual words, not the vocal melodies, which are entirely different things. The song can be in gibberish, and have the same vocal melody, and it will still be the same song, it doesn't work the other way around. The fact that you can't relate to instrumental music without words is quite sad, and I honestly feel bad for you if you seriously cannot derive pleasure from such pieces, instrumental music does much more than tell a story, it also paints it for you in your head, and sets the scene and mood, now imagine a good instrumental with some good vocal melodies and then sprinkle some lyrics on top, and now plebs like you who don't have the mental capacity to comprehend and imagine can understand what the artist is trying to convey. It's why I personally hate mumford and sons, I feel like they just handed over exactly what they meant on a silver platter, and I literally have no work to do in order to discover the meaning of the song, or a different meaning that I can relate to personally, and it all stems from the fact they are boring instrumentally. The only things lyrics do is either, Enhance the song, or detract from the song. If I was really just interested in listening to 'music' for lyrics, I would read a poetry book, while listening to instrumentals that were well thought out (and I'm not just talking about stuff that was recorded by 'real' instruments, it can be electronic music as well) But I completely understand, after all, you enjoy mumford and sons

Duh.

lolol
08:00 AM on 10/08/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Can someone explain to me why they're so popular= Because there's something I'm apparently not seeing/hearing.
I'm trying to figure out when they got so popular with t he album sales and such. Two years ago they were selling out like Irving plaza. Now they could play MSG and shit. I'd take this band over any of that bullshit on the charts now a days. They make real music
08:01 AM on 10/08/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Can someone explain to me why they're so popular= Because there's something I'm apparently not seeing/hearing.
I'm trying to figure out when they got so popular with t he album sales and such. Two years ago they were selling out like Irving plaza. Now they could play MSG and shit. I'd take this band over any of that bullshit on the charts now a days. They make real music
07:57 PM on 10/08/12
MyJukeboxBroke
I need a Couch
User Info.
O wow man, you sure showed him!!!
this bro be mad
10:22 AM on 10/09/12
Anthony Sorendino
You are not your idea.
User Info.
"Most Hot 100 Hits In A Week By A Band Since The Beatles"

That's how.
Got it, I guess they specify by "bands" and "independent artists?"
10:25 AM on 10/09/12
ladedadada
The first rule of flying is love.
User Info.
Babies first pop folk music
This isn't the Fleet Foxes forum
04:21 PM on 10/09/12
mollyk
User Info.
O shit, damn you guys were right, the beatles were so much better!!! Definitly not pop music for teenagers!!

"LOL BUT THE BEATLES CAN ACTUALLY PLAY DER INSTRUMENTS1@@!"
Yea like their music is so fucking complex, that totally justifies them not being derivative pop music

let me know next time you write a song that changes from 11/8 to 4/4 to 7/8
10:14 PM on 10/11/12
Matthew Moore
http://twitter.com/matthewrmoore
User Info.
Got it, I guess they specify by "bands" and "independent artists?"
That, and Katy Perry's singles were not all released in the same week. They were released over months.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos