Username
Password
Coheed & Cambria News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Coheed & Cambria
Inside AP.net

Coheed Album Stream

Posted by: Garett Press (10/08/12)
Stream the new Coheed and Cambria record, The Afterman: Ascension, right here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 72.
06:10 AM on 10/08/12
Bryan Mac
Suck It.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Aside from Holly Wood, this album rules.
06:17 AM on 10/08/12
oshyjay
User Info.
Preordered the deluxe edition and got the album in 320kbps this morning; still waiting for the demos though.
It feels short for a Coheed album, but I only have to wait til February for the second half, so it'll probably feel more "whole" then. That being said, I love it. It feels a bit more condensed than their usual albums (with an 8 minute single, yeah I know) but it seems to span their styles from IKSSE:3 onward (I don't hear much SSTB).
Mothers of Men sounds like a mash up of Faint of Hearts and The Suffering, and Holly Wood sounds like a mash up of Al the Killer and Guns of Summer. Vic the Butcher sounds to me like the long lost demo of When Skeletons Live that they were trying to add in as one of the Willing Wells. Oh, and you can hear a lot of Prize Fighter influence in the best ways; Chondra even does some background vocals.

EDIT: I take back what I said about SSTB; the electronic beeps under an acoustic ballad vaguely reminds me of IRO-BOT, though there's a lot more Prize Fighter influence.

Really? I dig Holly Wood. The drums are absolutely killer.
06:18 AM on 10/08/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
is this their best album yet? quite possibly.
06:20 AM on 10/08/12
Bryan Mac
Suck It.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really? I dig Holly Wood. The drums are absolutely killer.
It's so repetitive and the lyrics are absolutely retarded.

Vic The Butcher rips so hard.
06:20 AM on 10/08/12
thesinkingship
she's a marshmallow
User Info.
is this their best album yet? quite possibly.
It's on par with IKS and GAI at least.
06:32 AM on 10/08/12
oshyjay
User Info.
It's so repetitive and the lyrics are absolutely retarded.

Vic The Butcher rips so hard.
I'll agree that there are a couple lyrics that fall flat on this album. When I first heard the single and Claudio sang "The pride of Utopia, the greatest thing ever." I cringed. Claudio can do better than that. And yeah, the lyrics to Holly Wood aren't the best, but the vocals and drums are all over the place. I'd say spend more time with it, but I'm a straight up fanboy for this band so I'll defend anything they do
06:33 AM on 10/08/12
GlassyLight
King of Wrangling
User Info.
It's so good to hear these guys sounding like themselves again. Stay healthy, Josh Eppard - we need you.
06:39 AM on 10/08/12
mackieinva
waiting for the day
User Info.
this, I love everything else but that riff on the first half, not really into it
06:39 AM on 10/08/12
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
I don't like that I have to wait until payday on Thursday to pick this up. Boo.
06:43 AM on 10/08/12
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
Vic the Butcher is absolutely incredible.
06:43 AM on 10/08/12
Runestar
User Info.
Wish I could listen to it now, but won't work on my iPad. Damn apple hating flash. Will have to wait until I get home,but liking the go of comments.
07:01 AM on 10/08/12
coTheCrowingca
User Info.
Mothers of Men and Vic the Butcher rank among the top Coheed tracks to date for me. The vocal harmonies during the bridge of Mothers of Men are just incredible.
07:22 AM on 10/08/12
nickthehick2
King of France
User Info.
Nothing short of great, although it does seem a little short, hahah.

The first time I heard Vic the Butcher I knocked a hole in my wall out of sheer badassness. Goodnight, Fair Lady is probably one of my favorites, and the spoken parts of the All-Mother give chills every time. Domino is a great pick for a single and I'm sure it'll rank up there with Ten Speed. I didn't like HollyWood at first, but it grew on me. The line "shes a few cards short of a full deck" seemed cliche for a coheed song, but I guess it fits.

To get hyped for it I have been listening to all their albums for the last week ago, and not being that big of a fan of SSTB, I now love it. And although I'll get shot for it, No World For Tomorrow is my favorite (although not by much), they should shred more often.

Coheed is also one of the few bands that I listen to that I would consider "Art", plus I have a huge mancrush on Claudio and his luscious locks. I still haven't seen them live but now I'm gonna have to.

Has it been said if Ascension will have different album art? Can we assume Sirius' wife was killed by the guy in Goodnight Fair Lady?
07:26 AM on 10/08/12
Brissona
Dye the World
User Info.
Alright, I guess I should check this out then.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS