Password
Underoath News - Page 14
Displaying posts 195 - 203 of 203.
07:51 AM on 10/14/12
woominlee2
Always a student of life.
User Info.
Still really disappointed...
One of my all time favorite bands and I won't be able to see them...
06:55 PM on 10/14/12
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
w00t!!! I will do my best to make the Georgia date.

EDIT: This thread just shows that people will complain about absolutely anything. This tour could have 100 dates with two in every state and people would still fid a reason to complain. Grow the fuck up, people.

(Disregard if the above does not apply to you)

I'm not even an Underoath fan, but, easy for you to say.
06:56 PM on 10/14/12
saddr weirdr
User Info.
You know, they could have just broken up and not done a tour at all. They're all older, a lot of them have day jobs, and to be honest, if your band was breaking up, would you want to go on a 2 month long tour? No, probably not.
Still, if a band I loved was breaking up and the nearest date was 2000 miles away, I'd be pretty bummed out.
04:35 PM on 10/16/12
Feenucks
www.thisglassembrace.band camp.com
User Info.
I'm not even an Underoath fan, but, easy for you to say.

Haha! Easy for me to say? Why, because one of the shows happens to be in Georgia where I am currently stationed?

Look friend, Alexisonfire isn't coming to the states AT ALL for their farewell tour and I can't afford to travel to any of the dates and see them. I didn't bitch about that. I lived in Arizona for most of my life when a lot of band and artists refused (and still do) to play in the state. I don't complain about that.

(No worries if the following paragraph doesn't apply to you)

I just find it funny that people find any reason they can to bitch about things. Grow up. If they play where you are then that's cool. If not, travel to the nearest show or miss it. Grow up and deal with it. In Underoath's case, you people had 15 years to see them. If you haven't seen them by now it is probably your fault. I haven't seen them and there is no guarantee I'll get to see them with my schedule. It's my fault. I missed out on opportunities to see them for years. It's not their fault for deciding to break up. Stop blaming the band for your inability to see them play. Underoath has toured most of the world in their career. Tough shit if you haven't seen them yet. I've missed out on so many awesome shows. It's a part of life.

/firstworldproblems
09:28 PM on 10/16/12
saddr weirdr
User Info.
Haha! Easy for me to say? Why, because one of the shows happens to be in Georgia where I am currently stationed?

Look friend, Alexisonfire isn't coming to the states AT ALL for their farewell tour and I can't afford to travel to any of the dates and see them. I didn't bitch about that. I lived in Arizona for most of my life when a lot of band and artists refused (and still do) to play in the state. I don't complain about that.

(No worries if the following paragraph doesn't apply to you)

I just find it funny that people find any reason they can to bitch about things. Grow up. If they play where you are then that's cool. If not, travel to the nearest show or miss it. Grow up and deal with it. In Underoath's case, you people had 15 years to see them. If you haven't seen them by now it is probably your fault. I haven't seen them and there is no guarantee I'll get to see them with my schedule. It's my fault. I missed out on opportunities to see them for years. It's not their fault for deciding to break up. Stop blaming the band for your inability to see them play. Underoath has toured most of the world in their career. Tough shit if you haven't seen them yet. I've missed out on so many awesome shows. It's a part of life.

/firstworldproblems
whoa take a chill pill dude.

When a band is active, people don't always make an extreme effort to go out and see them, and when something like this happens unexpectedly, these reactions are perfectly normal. None of this is the band's fault, and even this mini-tour is a courtesy on their part, but I fail to understand how being upset or wanting more dates is unreasonable and I definitely don't see how that equates to "bitching."

life must be awesome for you, going through it without complaining about trivial things. oh wait.
10:23 AM on 10/17/12
Feenucks
User Info.
whoa take a chill pill dude.

When a band is active, people don't always make an extreme effort to go out and see them, and when something like this happens unexpectedly, these reactions are perfectly normal. None of this is the band's fault, and even this mini-tour is a courtesy on their part, but I fail to understand how being upset or wanting more dates is unreasonable and I definitely don't see how that equates to "bitching."

life must be awesome for you, going through it without complaining about trivial things. oh wait.

I'm not saying it equates to bitching at all. However, there is a fine line between being disappointed an "bitching"...and there is a lot of both going on here. Am I disappointed that I may never get to see them? Of course! But I'm not going to bitch about it online and blame the band for not having more dates on a tour that they don't even have to do at all. I'll just thank them for the many years of awesome music and hope to see them if I can. All good things come to an end eventually. It's foolish to get complacent and think, "oh, I'll just see them next year". People who fall into that are the ones at fault for missing their favorite bands.

Also, just because I have a lot to say doesn't mean I'm not "chill". I'm not angry at all...just annoyed with the constant bitching. As I said, they could tour the hole US with two dates in every state and people will still find a reason to whine and complain.

On your last "point", I do my fair share of complaining about trivial things as well. It is a natural, yet annoying human flaw we all share. I just try my best not to (especially online).
10:35 AM on 10/17/12
saddr weirdr
User Info.
I'm not saying it equates to bitching at all. However, there is a fine line between being disappointed an "bitching"...and there is a lot of both going on here. Am I disappointed that I may never get to see them? Of course! But I'm not going to bitch about it online and blame the band for not having more dates on a tour that they don't even have to do at all. I'll just thank them for the many years of awesome music and hope to see them if I can. All good things come to an end eventually. It's foolish to get complacent and think, "oh, I'll just see them next year". People who fall into that are the ones at fault for missing their favorite bands.

Also, just because I have a lot to say doesn't mean I'm not "chill". I'm not angry at all...just annoyed with the constant bitching. As I said, they could tour the hole US with two dates in every state and people will still find a reason to whine and complain.

On your last "point", I do my fair share of complaining about trivial things as well. It is a natural, yet annoying human flaw we all share. I just try my best not to (especially online).
I was being sarcastic. You're literally complaining about complaining.
01:52 PM on 10/17/12
Feenucks
User Info.
I was being sarcastic. You're literally complaining about complaining.

I am well aware, homie.

Just saying...I've loved Underoath for a long fucking time. They helped get me into heavy music...but it really isn't the end of the world not seeing them. I should know. I've never seen them as there's no guarantee I'll make it to the Georgia date. I wasn't even targeting you specifically in my original post, but you somehow took it personally enough to reply to it. Just saying, people always have some lame excuse to complain about a band's tour schedule. This one is just proof that the Alexisonfire complaints were bullshit, because people complain when Underoath does have US dates in theirs (makes sense, since UĜ is an American band while AOF is not...but that's beside the point).

My point is: Make an effort to see a band while they're active, because you never know when they'll call it quits.

EDIT: Typo in earlier post. Should read "whole US".
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests