User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
best is A Bunny's Caravan - Draining Puddles, Retrieving Treasures

yeah What It Takes To Move Forward is a favorite
and I can't believe you put More Songs instead of Songs, that's heresy

(also I'm assuming by "emo-revival" you mean midwestern emo and twinkly emo stuff as opposed to emo in terms of a larger umbrella)
07:43 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
more songs is great. no idea why people cry and shit their pants saying songs is better.

production is much better, every song on Songs is better than its version on More Songs, and those 4 songs are easily the top 4 Grown Ups tracks ('cept maybe "Couch King"), "Pears" is the only track on More Songs that comes even close
07:45 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
I don't like Algernon very much and Joie, while not bad by any means, don't do much for me
Glocca Morra and You Blew It! are great, though
oh and I forgot Castevet but Summer Fences is among those "Top 5 'Emo Revival' Records" as well
07:52 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
dunno like, songs just sounds flat apart from the vocals. guitar etc. sounds a lot better on more songs. songs are just as good, there's no really no stinkers on it. handholder is quality also.

whatever bro

I mean yeah it's not a big issue (obviously) it's just something I feel like people point out because Grown Ups in many people's eyes started out awesome and then kinda just plateaued at best
but man, they took out the cough from Three Day Weekend, they took out the cough
09:52 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
Just checked out Grown Ups for the first time. This album is incredible. Snowing didn't grab me the same way. I'm sure I'll always be a bigger fan of the first wave of emo stuff, but there's something to be said for the new stuff.

yeah nothing really touches that first wave of emo of saosin and brand new and sunny day real estate and jimmy eat world and hawthorne heights
09:57 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
the lack of love for My Heart To Joy in this thread is both alarming and quite upsetting, to be honest.

they're ok
the title track on Season In Verse is absolutely amazing, though
09:59 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
and if we're including bands like MHTJ here, then this definitely belongs in the upper echelons:

10:05 AM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
I was thinking more like Braid, The Promise Ring, Neon Indian, American Football, etc. But different strokes, I guess.
I was being sarcastic... none of the aforementioned are close to "first-wave." I think we've been over this, ParkwayTom... and Neon Indian isn't even remotely close to emo let alone first wave lolz
12:16 PM on 10/10/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
I know you were. I figured not acknowleding it was the best way to get you to fuck off, but I guess I was wrong.

I've got no defense for the Neon Indian thing though, other than that I'm listening to them right now and I'm pretty high.

I just thought that you would have wanted to know that you were 100% wrong about the terms you were using, but I guess I was wrong
12:42 PM on 10/11/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
I don't know man, you were saying that Brand New and Saosin were first wave emo... I feel like you said you were sarcastic but you're actually just a fucking idiot? You don't have to be shy dude, its the internet. There are plenty of people just like you here.

no no I just know what I'm talking about I'm pretty sure
but keep on incorrectly describing basic tenets of a large genre, proud ignorance is cool too
03:53 PM on 01/09/13 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
(assuming OP means just like Midwestern emo stuff and not the stuff that's evolved less far from emocore etc.)

it's definitely become way too over-saturated in the past year or two
oh well, there's still a ton of awesome stuff
nothing tops Empire! Empire! or Grown Ups really, but shit like Castevet and You Blew It! and Hightide Hotel are good
12:44 PM on 11/24/13 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old
love the instruments on "american football" don't like the vocals or melodies.
does anyone have anything similar?

listen to Player Piano - Satellite and Ghosts & Vodka - Addicts & Drunks, very similar feel instrumentally to AF but both bands don't really utilize vocals

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets