AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Road to Manila - 10.09.12

Interviewed by
Road to Manila - 10.09.12The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Road to Manila

http://www.facebook.com/roadtomanila

1. How did you get your band name?

Our former bass player came up with the name, and we don't really know the story behind it - it has something to do with a war in the Philippines, but that's all we know. For us the name has a completely different meaning, something along the lines of Jack Kerouac's notion of the open road in "On The Road" where the real goal isn't in the destination, but how you get there - living in the moment. Manila, in a sense, is just a kind of Neverland, and it's all about finding Neverland.

2. How did this band get started?

Nicolai and Niclas started this band when they were just kids really. Just fooling around in the rehearsal space. A lot of changes have been made over the years, but that's how it started.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

We have a lot of influences, but some of the most influential bands would be: Hundredth, Architects, Counterparts, Comeback Kid, Dead Swans, and many of the new melodic hardcore bands coming from the UK at the moment, etc. I've probably forgotten some obvious influences.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

The bands mentioned above, mainly because they're our favorite bands.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

Anything but pasta. Fastfood is a big hit for us.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

Because we really care about what we do and we're a sincere and hardworking band. And we write good and decent melodic hardcore songs.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

I look a lot like the Portuguese soccer player Raul Meireles, so the transition wouldn't be so difficult, although I'm a terrible soccer player and would never have played for Chelsea.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

Everybody.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

There's nothing wrong with the industry in our genre really, but I would change the mindset of the audiences. It's so important for people to go to the shows and support their scene, cause if no one shows up, we can't play shows - and we can't make money of record sales as the big names in pop music can.

10. Memorable tour experience?

Can't seem to think of anything special, but what comes to mind is when I was driving across Germany with food in my left hand and a Red Bull in my right hand, while all the other guys in the car were asleep, and I was steadily falling asleep behind the wheel.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

A place where I can get news from the scene and discover great new bands, read reviews, and basically just keep myself updated.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

Any, just as long as we get to play.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Any interesting metropolis, I guess?

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

I'm not proud of this answer, but Kim Larsen (Danish folk singer).

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

X-ray vision for obvious reasons.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

Not really. Just make sure that you have been to the toilet before the show.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

I really don't know. Next question.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

No, we have no interest in the whole idea of radio. None of the channels in Denmark would ever consider playing our music anyway.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Play music, draw, and read a good book.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

I have incredible control of my facial expression and I'm a good liar.

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
01:16 AM on 10/10/12
stereokiller
Nintendo FC: 0962 9717 4432
User Info.
Well, if you're actually on the road to Manila hit me up.

Checking this out because of that intriguing band name.
08:47 AM on 10/10/12
ChristianLFTW
That's not a nawyf. THAT'S a nawyf.
User Info.
This must be the most boring interview I've ever read.
01:59 PM on 10/18/12
qeogetrqnnick
User Info.
Chanel Bags Nowadays, purchase a high-quality look-alike bag from the reputable web shop, browsing 24 hours a day not having giving property. It may be ironic of which as graphic designers currently have previously worked to produce special, trademark styles of which emanate exclusivity, look-alike tote producers are actually serious to further improve this production associated with imitations -- a bike of which will proceed as new styles continue to keep come up. The definition of a lot of the advantages of obtaining present day superior Louis Vuitton replicasQuality: Having present day state-of-the-art know-how, Louis Vuitton fake clutches indicate a newfound a better standard of top quality and authenticity. Consummate attention in order to depth is definitely given to any or all aspects of this purses, on the durable fabric on the painstaking sewing. Remember not all fake tote sellers supply high-quality object. Be wary associated with providers of which skimp upon components and cut edges during the design practice.Many Gatlinburg home rentals get decks and even balconies with rocking recliners and swings so its possible to breathe the new mountain air while you take during the views. Chanel Outlet Online Mister. Nancy helps to out with that as well. S.Louis vuitton Bags $ $ $ $). Typically the Secrets of typically the Led Meditating associated with Alchemical VITRIOL have been taught and practiced for millennia for your taking out all of the poor inner thoughts prefer Wrath,Phillip Lim Handbags Worry,Louis vuitton Outlet not to mention Sadness present strategies for contemplation to take out virtually all Sore Shocking Thoughts and also Electrical power Blocks in which keep it within the body, that Emotive Shield from Reich, that can causes toxic elements to always be laid down in your area of your Firmness, gradually not passing by the body processes and doing missions necessary.┬*The greatest coral reefs saltwater in britain, Standard Saltwater will only be some sort of hour's cruiser ride by Kalpitiya inside the Puttalam local. Instead,Alexander Wang Bags Capricorn shoots the opposite, a lot more ruthless, man or woman members of all the system personnel nonetheless keeps all of the idealistic Candice.Marc Jacobs Purses 10. Next, one consent to so that you can studies or possibly a exact is ready ample.┬* Chanel Outlet Store The company's web page incorporates the associates of the board and their qualifications, at the same time as financial success and corporation methods which include their Code of Ethics.Louis Vuitton Handbags Interestingly, analyst reviews pertaining to CME are accessible to the organization's web page. CME is listed on NASDAQ,Louis Vuittoni Wallet so yearly report facts is accessible via their internet site less than SEC filings. is an internet of Philip Morris Worldwide,Nike Air Louis Vuitton 4 whose guardian corporation is Altria Group. The web site for Philip Morris directs all buyers inquiring about shareholder data to its guardian business's web page, despite the fact that some fiscal files,Louis Vuitton Couture Outlet its normal meeting date, and agenda is disclosed for its Kutna Hora spot in the Czech Republic. Just as was the situation for CETV, Altria Group has substantial facts disclosed in its SEC filings. About the Altria Group internet site, corporate governance is discussed extensively, along with the by-legal guidelines as well as board customers and governance recommendations are listed. www.2013bagsoutlet.com What makes Louis Vuitton purses so much better than other handbags?For one thing, the fashion house is rooted in a long, quality-driven heritage. Since its inception in 1821, the company has been creating some of the industry's finest designer luggage pieces and handbags. Louis Vuitton himself first began working from a small shop in Paris, France. After demand increased among travelers, he increased production of his steamer bag, "Keepall" overnight bag, and flat carrying case. Today, the Keepall is still one of the designer's most widely demanded travel pieces. From there, he expanded his designs to include carry-on bags, cosmetics bags, miniature trunks, jewelry cases, computer bags, and more.Over time, Louis Vuitton began designing luxury watches and, with the addition of his son Georgie to the design team, duffel bags and purses. When Georgie unveiled the monogrammed canvas motif, the design quickly took the fashion world by storm and became the hallmark of the brand. Three decades after launching the first store, the Louis Vuitton announced the opening of a London-based store. Chanel Outlet Online This perfectly sized duffel features classic Louis Vuitton design with a monogram canvas exterior, tan cowhide leather double straps, a top zipper closure, and gold toned hardware. Unzip the bronze zipper and you will find a large spacious compartment lined in brown canvas and one flap pocket for small necessities. This duffel also comes with a Louis Vuitton luggage tag in matching cowhide leather, and D-rings on the side to connect small items such as your keys. So when getting ready for your dream vacation make sure you have this perfect carry on by your side!If they're ever was an "IT" bag to own, it would be this one. Featured here at Onquestyle is a delightful Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Stephen bag designed exclusively by Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton. This lovely bag has been crafted from Louis Vuitton's signature monogram canvas and features cowhide leather trim. There is a double top zipper that opens way to tan alcantara lining. A detachable tortoise shell chain allows you to wear the bag crossbody if you so choose.Here we have a classic in the Louis Vuitton collection, the Lockit handbag. Chanel Outlet Store It have to be emphasized, nevertheless, that not all style images periods instead of all fashion photographers can offer the perfect knowledge for all. As earlier pointed out, it requires ability, persistence, "eye" and sheer professionalism to take care of a real trend images session.Why really should I pay back $25 to $400 for folding knife you question? I can uncover one which seems just like the term type a person I want but for $8.95 with the swap meet up with or for the world wide web?┬*The response will be the very same for all factors: You get that which you pay out for. Secondly, if all you desire is often a knife for opening letters, packaged foods merchandise or to glance cool on your desk, a cheap might do just fine. Even so, should you truly intend to make use of the knife as a utility tool, I strongly advise you to prevent buying a low cost knock away knife simply because it can break extremely effortlessly, and also the steel is typically brittle or has a really low Rockwell hardness ranking. Sharpening can also be additional challenging and also the blade will never maintain a sharp edge really lengthy.┬* www.uggbootsoutletsst.com For Adult Men┬*1. Awareness feminine sexuality can assist you understand women of all ages far more.If you might be a person and should you need to realize most women additional, then you've to know their sexuality much better. If you happen to be constantly clueless as to why your girlfriend, your accomplice or your wife or husband may be the way she is then you may need to realize additional what impacts her for being so. Know about her sexual preferences; know about what turns her on; know about her fetishes; know about her wishes; and know about what goes on in her mind. All they're just several elements that make up her sexuality but studying about these points can give you a pretty good notion of feminine sexuality along with your part in it.┬*2. Knowledge feminine sexuality can enable you to satisfy women of all ages more.In case you locate it difficult to satisfy a lady in bed, then you would possibly think that there can be a difficulty with your effectiveness or worse, your dimensions. Before you think from the extremes, why not seek to comprehend her first? UGGS Boots That you do not quite possibly have to a visit a great deal to enjoy out of the outside in the wintertime seeing that there can be many exceptional in conjunction with satisfying winter season decisions for which you you will enjoy specifically with your exclusive back garden.Not a minumum of one regarding people is that the want to explore really do not think embarrassed if parts any one of these as non-existent abs are often times seen on the basis of others. Many of people searching for going to be the fact of the matter about 6 pack abs begin all of our search on going to be the aimed at your website and there are a change in your sites out there as part of your World Wide Web looking for more information on slash people ly If all your family members want for more information on be capable of geting going to be the a good choice ready to go of abs going to be the Truth About Six Pack Abs judging by Mike Geary not only can they provide you with the your family the necessary a lot of information in getting thoseHave your family wanted to understand more about have those six pack abs, UGG Boots Outlet Store Abercrombie coats increases the confidence of men so that they can keep on buying these coats for them. The designs of these Abercrombie coats will keep you unique in every crowd and you will really get impressed by your dressing.You can also get Abercrombie hoodies to wear in winter seasons. It will not make your look great but also keep you ahead in fashion. These hoodies are designed by Abercrombie and they are extremely funky and yet fashionable. These hoodies will add superfluous style to your overall individuality. The material used in these hoodies will keep you warm in winter seasons and you can wear it comfortably in whole time. Due to the use of high quality and light weight material, they will not hinder your daily routine work. This is generally said that peoples get worried by trying jackets and hoodies in the wintry weather seasons since they makes their look awkward and heavy in weight. The U.S. ballistic missile defense (BMD) system can be a single, integrated technique to defend the United states of america, its deployed forces, and U.S. allies and pals versus expanding threats posed by ballistic missiles from rogue says including North Korea and Iran.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos