AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

POZ Presents: "Why Your Vinyl Is Not At Your...

Posted by: Drew Beringer (10/11/12)
PropertyOfZack has the second part of its long form article about vinyl delays here. It features information directly from the pressing plants and other labels on why vinyl is delayed

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
01:28 PM on 10/11/12
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
i hope i get my TOYPAJ soon ;)
01:39 PM on 10/11/12
provee
User Info.
i hope i get my TOYPAJ soon ;)
ME TOO
01:41 PM on 10/11/12
schenksta
Derp.
User Info.
01:42 PM on 10/11/12
formated4tv
tobesplays.com
User Info.
From dealing with SRC's customer service random times this past year, I feel like I know Jenna, since she's usually the one who emails me back whenever there's a delay/issue, haha.
01:42 PM on 10/11/12
The_Effort
User Info.
Anybody know anything about delays regarding the new title fight record? I preordered it from side one dummy and never even received shipping confirmation. I've got a buddy who preordered it and got his already, so I'm starting to get a little worried about my copy (or lack thereof).

Figured it was a good place to ask since its sort of on topic.
02:06 PM on 10/11/12
Hindenburg
DIY Guy
User Info.
Anybody know anything about delays regarding the new title fight record? I preordered it from side one dummy and never even received shipping confirmation. I've got a buddy who preordered it and got his already, so I'm starting to get a little worried about my copy (or lack thereof).

i received mine on sept, 25th, you might want to email them... i got a confirmation almost immediately after i placed my order, yours may not have processed
02:07 PM on 10/11/12
The_Effort
User Info.
i received mine on sept, 25th, you might want to email them... i got a confirmation almost immediately after i placed my order, yours may not have processed

I sent an email to the address they linked to in the order confirmation, but never got a reply. Maybe I should try again though. Thank you!
03:14 PM on 10/11/12
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
User Info.
I sent an email to the address they linked to in the order confirmation, but never got a reply. Maybe I should try again though. Thank you!
I preordered it a couple days after the preorders went live, but I didn't get in the mail until almost a week after the release date. A couple people I know that ordered it as well got it late.
03:29 PM on 10/11/12
The_Effort
User Info.
I preordered it a couple days after the preorders went live, but I didn't get in the mail until almost a week after the release date. A couple people I know that ordered it as well got it late.

That would be ok with me as long as I got it though. Unfortunately my issue is that I preordered it and was charged on September 7th and it still hasnt begun being shipped to me. I tried emailing them again though, so we'll see if they're able to help!
03:32 PM on 10/11/12
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
User Info.
That would be ok with me as long as I got it though. Unfortunately my issue is that I preordered it and was charged on September 7th and it still hasnt begun being shipped to me. I tried emailing them again though, so we'll see if they're able to help!
Yeah thats weird. I hope you get it figured out. Its well worth it, the packaging for it is great.
08:18 PM on 10/11/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Basically what this article said to me is that the people behind all parts of the vinyl industry have a terrible supply chain management philosophy.
05:49 AM on 10/12/12
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
Basically what this article said to me is that the people behind all parts of the vinyl industry have a terrible supply chain management philosophy.

Amazing how this is just normal operating procedure for an entire industry. I can def see how everyone corresponding back and forth on a approvals could eat a huge chunk of that time. That must be a fuckin nightmare.

notable quote 8-10% of vinyl is delivered bad. #OUCH! if I understand that correctly.
01:31 PM on 10/12/12
blender715
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I preordered it a couple weeks before it came out, and when it came out, I got a shipping confirmation email, but two weeks after it was released I still hadn't got it. So I e-mailed SideOneDummy, and they said for whatever reason they didn't have any tracking record for my order, so they sent me a new one. Got it on Tuesday! And they included a free CD for the trouble too, so that was cool.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests