AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.

The Action Plan - 10.11.12

Interviewed by: Jeremy Aaron (10/11/12)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

The Action Plan

http://www.facebook.com/TheActionPlan

1. How did you get your band name?

Danny actually stole it from a guy in a pub. Genuinely.

2. How did this band get started?

We formed with a different line-up in South Wales in 2008. After some adjustments to personnel, we started functioning fully again in 2011. We got straight down to writing the album.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

Set Your Goals, Save Your Breath, The Story So Far, All Time Low, Cartel and The Wonder Years... to name a few.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

The pioneers of pop-punk, Blink-182, and Set Your Goals, who are taking things to a whole new level.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

All food is good. To be non-biased, as much and as often as possible, must have a massive amount of Bacon Fries at all times.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

We bring a new element to the pop-punk genre. With a mixture of hooky, guitar heavy riffs and electronic elements (sub-drops and synth parts) there is definitely something for everyone in our music.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Danny: WWE's CM Punk. BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
Thom: Aaron Rodgers - Green Bay Packers. I want that man's arm.
Rich: MMA legend Anderson Silva! I used to do Muay Thai and used him as a sort of role model in my training!
Harry: Nate Robinson, 3-time NBA dunk champion and he's only 5'7", and has a 43.5" vertical jump

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

Anyone and everyone who has helped us develop as a band, Kevin Peters @ Anemic Studios for laying down a sick album with us (record with this guy!), Mark Clayden for his guidance and support.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

More pop-punk on major labels! So many great pop-punk bands out there that, with major label support could be MASSIVE.

10. Memorable tour experience?

We played a show in Liverpool, to get there we travelled in two cars, one which arrived at 3:00 PM, the other 5:30 PM in a totally different area. We left at the same time, with the same directions. We have no idea how this happened.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

We love the site. It offers lesser known bands the opportunity to be seen and heard, yet keeps you updated on the bigger bands.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

We've all pretty much got one each so here they are:
Thom: Believe it or Not
Danny: Never Say Die
Rich: This One
Thom: Believe it or Not
Harry: So You Say.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Danny: Southern California.
Rich: Japan as its probably my favourite culture! I have two different Japanese tattoo pieces!
Harry: I have never been there but Boston is my ideal vacation, the one I have been to would be Disneyland.
Thom: I just got back from Barcelona!

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Rich: Korn's [i]Life Is Peachy or Issues and New Found Glory's Sticks and Stones. Not so much my childhood, but the first music to really inspire me to do anything!
Danny: New Found Glory's Sticks and Stones, Sum 41's All Killer No Filler and Blink-182's Take Off Your Pants and Jacket.
Harry - The Beatles always reminds me of my childhood.
Thom - Blink 182's Take Off Your Pants and Jacket reminds me of the Summer of 2001, skating all day and jamming at the beach at night. This album was my soundtrack back then and the reason I ever picked up a guitar.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Rich: Sylar from heroes! Steal the rest of the bands super powers! Failing that, control of time and space!
Harry: My superpower would be time travel so I can risk my life to save people who deserve to be saved.
Thom: The power of Greyskull!
Danny: ALL OF THEM!

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

Thom - Danny used to wear the same boxers to every show. Me and Danny go hide in the gents half hour before a show for vocal warm ups. Rich gets light headed before a show (it's not a tumour!) and Harry sings the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme tune in his head.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

That'd be telling.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

The A-list radio stations have a lot of control over what the public has access to on a day to day basis. With the support of these stations, we could all flourish.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

We play basketball, play Xbox and have fun. We're a band of brothers, so live in each-other's pockets.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

Harry is awesome at playing basketball. Thom can juggle. Socks, not balls. Also, his elbows bend backwards. Rich can cut an apple in half with his finger and de-shell an egg with his breath. Danny can equally split a pack of cards. All night long.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums