AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Motionless In White - Infamous Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 6.5
Musicianship 6.5
Lyrics 6.5
Production 6.5
Creativity 6.5
Lasting Value 6.5
Reviewer Tilt 6.5
Final Verdict: 65%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Motionless In White - Infamous

Reviewed by: Niko John (10/12/12)
Motionless In White - Infamous
Record Label: Fearless Records
Release Date: November 13th, 2012

Motionless In White has been making waves in the scene lately. Their debut album Creatures was praised for it's unique, creepy atmosphere throughout the album, demonstrating that you can bring something new to the hardcore scene. Having finished Warped Tour this year and a headlining tour coming up, Motionless In White seem to have no intention of stopping. Infamous is Motionless In White's sophomore album and second for Fearless Records. With Creatures being such a well received album and one of my personal favorites of that year, I had very high hopes for Infamous. It met those expectations in some ways and didn't in others.

Infamous is a much more technical album than it's predecessor. While Creatures had a horror theme using the synths to create this atmosphere, Infamous is more about sweeping guitar work and technical prowess. It is an impressive display and hearing Chris Motionless's signature vocals alongside the guitars made the first half of the album very fast-paced and fun. Lyrics like "because that's what you deserve you disgusting piece of shit/because that's what you deserve you fucking fake ass hypocrites" in "Devil's Night" and "who the fuck are you to tell what I can say. No thanks. Fuck you.", while not poetry, are sure to be crowd favorites at concerts.

Much of the synth is gone in Infamous. Creatures made the synth it's focus, while Infamous puts it the background. Unfortunately, this makes Infamous feel a bit disjointed. Not wanting to alienate their fans, but also wanting to appeal to a wider audience, Motionless tries to straddle both the creepy atmosphere and the technicality of the album. Sometimes it works ("Burned At Both Ends") and sometimes it doesn't ("Hatefuck").

Infamous is not as memorable to me as Creatures was. Creatures taught me things and made me feel. "Immaculate Misconception" taught me to forget anything bad that people say about me. "Cobwebs" taught me to not forget the past, but to also look forward to the future. There isn't any of that in Infamous. After a year and a half I am still blasting Creatures through my speakers. This will not happen with Infamous. It is a good album, but it had the potential to be great.

6.5/10

Additional InformationOfficial Website
Facebook
Twitter

Recommended If You LikeSlipknot, Disturbed, As I Lay Dying

Track Listing:
1. Black Damask (The Fog)
2. Devil's Night
3. A-M-E-R-I-C-A
4. Burned At Both Ends
5. The Divine Infection
6. Puppets 2 (The Rain)
7. Sinematic
8. If It's Dead, We'll Kill It
9. Synthetic Love
10. Hatefuck
11. Underdog
12. Infamous

Members:
Chris Motionless - All Vocals
Angelo - Drums
Ricky Horror - Guitar
Balz - Keyboards
Ryan - Guitar
Ghost - Bass

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3.
08:39 PM on 10/17/12
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
That's a shame, I loved only about half of Creatures, not loving the idea of a step backwards. I feel like I should still get this though. I'm curious to hear what the technical side sounds like. Hopefully more like When Love Met Destruction. Good review.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests