AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: The Last Word - 10.18.12

The Last Word - 10.18.12

Interviewed by
The Last Word - 10.18.12The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

The Last Word

www.facebook.com/thelastwordband

Questions answered by Joe (guitarist).

1. How did you get your band name?

We wrote out a long list of names. Some were random, but out of all of them, 'The Last Word' stood out to us most, and we felt we could relate to it best.

2. How did this band get started?

Dan and Joe have been writing music together for the past nine years since they are brothers and have been through a couple of bands. They formed a band with Triz back in 2007 and played locally for a couple years. Sam and Josh joined in 2009 forming The Last Word.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

We are influenced by many different artists; the likes of Trivium, AFI, The Devil Wears Prada, Linkin Park, Enter Shikari and Blink 182 are some main ones. We are also influenced by lots of other genres and forms of art.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

Pretty much anyone. To list a few: AFI, Trivium, The Devil Wears Prada, Linkin Park - Big bands with a massive influence/show. Blessthefall - Seem like a laugh to hang out with.
Asking Alexandria, Enter Shikari - Banter/English. letlive. - Insane live show. And many, many more.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

7/11 Nachos with Cheese.

6. Why should people listen to your band?

Why not? Try a little 'The Last Word'.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Moussa Dembele because a few members of the band are Tottenham Hotspurs fans, including me, and he plays a position I love on the pitch.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? You have to say God, right?

.......Absolutely, Dog rules!

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

Haha, Everything. Nah, but seriously, the main thing would be, the way all art is criticized so bad now days. Everyone's a critic, right?

10. Memorable tour experience?

No tour memories as of yet, however we do have a far amount of studio stories. The main one being when we finally finished our album after two years of stressful yet enjoyable work.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

AbsolutePunk is great way for music fans to connect and share their art. It's a great community for people who are interested in finding new artists and a great support for everyone.

12. What is your favorite song to play?

For me personally, I would have to say 'This Was Never Yours'. I'm very emotionally attached to this song and feel the passion immensely.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

I'd have to say Florida so far. Been so many times and recorded our debut album 'Endlessly Crashing' there. It was awesome.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory/Meteora.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Immortality. Love life, fear death.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

None as of yet but knowing me, I mostly likely will have in the future.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

I get up, with the rest of the band to start work at 5am. It sucks but we feel it's what has to be done.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio?

I don't listen to radio, so I wouldn't know. Wouldn't mind being on the radio though.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

Anything to do with football, whether it's playing, watching it on tv or watching it live. It's all awesome. I like playing my fair share of video games and also hanging out with the band.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

I can juggle.....does that class a talent?

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests