AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Purevolume News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

PureVolume Interviews Billy Corgan

Posted by - 03:07 PM on 10/19/12
PureVolume recently interviewed The Smashing Pumpkins's head honco Billy Corgan, which you can read here.
From The Interview It’s kind of balancing itself out. For years it seemed that the public persona, or the failure — or the perception of failure — dominated the conversation. But now with Oceania as a bookend toward a musical legacy, everything seems to be getting its own balance. Like the albums that deserve attention, the influence we had, my influence, for better or worse — it all seems to be balancing out.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
03:34 PM on 10/19/12
GeeBee
Tertium Non Datur
User Info.
This guy's ego comes perilously close to ruining Smashing Pumpkins for me. Goddamn what a pretentious douche.
04:01 PM on 10/19/12
Jake Denning
User Info.
I really liked Four Year Strong's cover of Butterfly.
04:03 PM on 10/19/12
bluecrunchy
To shreds, you say.
User Info.
Honco?
05:45 PM on 10/19/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
So bummed I missing the show tonight, but they're not playing that much older stuff anyways.
09:00 PM on 10/19/12
abusedcat
Long Gone Before Daylight
User Info.
Oceania is easily the best thing Billy has released since Zwan, glad to see this band back on track.
09:59 PM on 10/19/12
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
This guy's ego comes perilously close to ruining Smashing Pumpkins for me. Goddamn what a pretentious douche.
I used to be bothered by his ego, but honestly, if you actually read what he says in context it's really not that egotistical. Obviously he had a one of the biggest bands of the 90's and he knows it, but beyond that I think a lot of what he says gets taken out of context.
08:14 AM on 10/20/12
RabidNewz
User Info.
Just saw these guys perform live earlier in the week. Damn, what an amazing show.
09:08 AM on 10/20/12
GlassyLight
King of Wrangling
User Info.
The dude's always had a massive ego. He's also put out some of the defining music of its time.

I don't have to like the guy to enjoy the music. Go see the show, and see them boot your head open.
09:36 AM on 10/20/12
Born_For_This
Registered Member
User Info.
That interview actually made him come across as likeable until the final question, to be honest.
09:52 AM on 10/20/12
TopperHarley
User Info.
They closed with "Mayonaise" last night, the best song of all time by any artist.
12:44 PM on 10/20/12
Corgkowznor
Registered Member
User Info.
They closed with "Mayonaise" last night, the best song of all time by any artist.
That's awesome...saw them in SF and was hoping to hear that or Muzzle, but it was a great show regardless.
01:00 PM on 10/20/12
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
User Info.
Damn, what a closer. Jealous
10:19 AM on 10/21/12
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
User Info.
*honcho
01:55 AM on 10/22/12
barelyReid
User Info.
The dude's always had a massive ego. He's also put out some of the defining music of its time.

I don't have to like the guy to enjoy the music. Go see the show, and see them boot your head open.

Very well put. Great band!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version