AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Recording News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Venetia Fair Launch Kickstarter

Posted by - 10:01 AM on 10/21/12
The Venetia Fair have launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund their new album. The fund will continue for 30 days to hopefully reach the goal of $8,000. The band is offering exclusive rewards (huge screen printed posters, t-shirts, artifacts from the creation of the album, recording time, etc) to fans along the way.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
10:01 AM on 10/21/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Press ReleaseBoston, MA – Date, 2012 – On Monday, October 22, the infamously insane Bostonian rockers known as The Venetia Fair will be launching a Kickstarter campaign to fund their new full-length record. With a goal of only $8,000 (their calculated exact bare minimum to make it happen) in 30 days, the fellas are making it well worth their fans while by offering exclusive rewards such as huge screen printed posters, t-shirts, stickers, artifacts from the creation of the album, recording time in the studio with the whole band, a secret treasure map, or a sample-pack of Mr. Chark’s hair collection (don’t ask… see Kickstarter video).

The band released this official statement: “Kickstarter is brilliant. It's one of those things that makes so much sense that it seems ridiculous it only recently caught in a significant way. It's such a simple concept: If you like a band or artist and have faith that they're going to make an album you like, just let them know by buying it now (plus whatever extra stuff they might be offering at the time) and help make sure it gets made. People think of it as donation based, and that's true of some projects but we've been treating it as a sort of preorder/crazy online sale. We plan to keep everyone in the loop throughout this process, especially our backers. We're working out the best ways to stay in as constant contact with everyone as possible not only while we're in the studio but also while we work on ideas for the artwork and packaging, work on the cover songs, and mail out all the insane rewards to backers. We've got a lot of work to do and we plan on proving to everyone who helped us out that we're working hard enough to deserve their donations!”

The Venetia Fair has already begun tracking the album at Mike’s Switchbitch Studios, but will be doing the majority of the recording with Steve Sopchak at Square Studios in Syracuse, NY during late November and December. “We worked with Steve on The Pits and ever since then we've had huge crushes on him (and some of us have also had crushes on his girlfriend).”

Since the release of their debut album “The Circus” in 2009, The Venetia Fair have been making serious noise in the music scene with their dynamic fusion of sound hitting everything from pop to punk - hardcore to jazz.. Imagine The Used meets Foxy Shazam combined with Panic At The Disco's first album on acid and you might have something as unique and influential as The Venetia Fair. Often referred to as brilliantly odd, schizophrenic, or mental, the band takes their unique genre and translate it to a fierce and theatrical live show, leaving fans wondering what they just experienced and craving more.

Consisting of Benny Santoro (vocals), Mr. Chark (bass), Mike Abiuso (guitar), Joe Brown (Occhuiti) (keys), and Chris Constantino (drums), TVF has shared the stage with notable acts such as Foxy Shazam, Finch, The Sleeping, Vanna, Bless The Fall, Hit The Lights, Dance Gavin Dance, The Dear Hunter, Versa Emerge, Our Last Night. They amazed and entertained fans across the country when they were selected to play Warped Tour 2011 alongside the release of their EP “The Pits”.

The band is currently writing new material for their forthcoming record, due out in the new-year.
10:37 AM on 10/21/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
Awesome, love these guys so much. I'll be backing this the minute it launches tomorrow.
12:53 PM on 10/21/12
blackmold
Bro
User Info.
You realize that you didn't even link to the Kickstarter in the post? Haha. It would help.

Edit: Nevermind. I guess it doesnt't launch until tomorrow. They're taking too long! I just wanna help them!
03:02 PM on 10/21/12
xxshawn
DANGER CLUB
User Info.

Album name, release date, and temporary track titles.

Go On, Paint Me A Picture is going to be a revamped version of a really old song of theirs of the same name.
04:58 PM on 10/21/12
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.

Go On, Paint Me A Picture is going to be a revamped version of a really old song of theirs of the same name.

What an awesome title. Will back this for sure.

Interesting, I haven't heard anything by TVF pre-Circus. Are the tracks on the net anywhere?
06:05 PM on 10/21/12
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
Anyone who wishes Foxy Shazam didn't stray so far from their roots would absolutely love this band... I don't understand why there are so few comments. Ppl need to recognize!
06:06 PM on 10/21/12
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.

Interesting, I haven't heard anything by TVF pre-Circus. Are the tracks on the net anywhere?
I don't think so I own the Circus and The Pits Ep. If u need either PM me.
06:23 PM on 10/21/12
xdifference88x
Freedom's Not Alone Anymore
User Info.
they should pull a amanda palmer and ask for

ONE BILLION DOLLARS
08:48 PM on 10/21/12
thenotforhire
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Last.fm used to have three or four of their pre-Circus songs up for free download.
09:36 PM on 10/21/12
Mochem
User Info.
I'll probably be backing this if I like the rewards.
10:20 PM on 10/21/12
xxshawn
DANGER CLUB
User Info.

if you search around you can find some of them. you can find the titles of them on lyric sites.
11:04 PM on 10/21/12
davefalcone777
@davidgfalcone
User Info.
I'm getting kind of tired of every other band doing a Kickstarter. At the same time, its one of the best ways to truly support the band. I can digs it.
01:50 AM on 10/22/12
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
if you search around you can find some of them. you can find the titles of them on lyric sites.

Alright will have a look around.
06:58 AM on 10/22/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Band's great.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles