AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Circa Survive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Anthony Green Cracks Rib and Forces Circa Survive To Cancel Last...

Posted by - 04:58 PM on 10/22/12
Somehow, Anthony Green of Circa Survive cracked one of his ribs which forced the band to cancel their show in Detroit last night. After a few days of rest, the band plans on continuing forward and finishing the tour as planned. All of us here at AP.net send our best wishes for a speedy recovery to Anthony.
Message From The BandHello all. We just wanted to make a quick statement about having to cancel our show in Ponitac MI. We're very sorry we had to do this. We've only had to cancel a handful of shows in the past 8 years and it is always difficult. The decision was not difficult this time as Anthony was having trouble breathing and needed to get checked out. Unfortunately, he sustained a cracked rib somehow. The injury was in an area that was making it extremely difficult and painful for him to breathe. I've been around Anthony almost every day for 8 years. I've seen him perform through some serious pain and shrug off some injuries that as a friend I was begging him to go to the doctor for. He is a tough little dude and I know that canceling even this one show was very hard for him. Fortunately he is okay and after a few days rest we will be finishing out the rest of the tour as planned. We will do our best to get back to Michigan as soon as possible. Thank you to everyone for your well wishes and understanding.
Much love,
Brendan and Circa.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 38
05:00 PM on 10/22/12
HoldThatSound
racaaabeef
User Info.
Didn't he fuck up his knee a few weeks ago. Hope he gets better soon he's my idol
05:08 PM on 10/22/12
skibby15
Registered Member
User Info.
didn't see him do anything out of the ordinary at the chicago show but after their 3rd song they walked off and ended up coming back out 10 minutes later. crazy he got a cracked rib. surprised he finished the set with a cracked rib. didn't seem like it effected him too much afterwards. hopefully he gets better soon!
05:22 PM on 10/22/12
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I looked forward to that show since the day it was announced, super bummed it got cancelled. Tour of 2012.
05:25 PM on 10/22/12
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
good luck to him, new album probably would have been good if the vocals weren't so irritating
05:26 PM on 10/22/12
darkjak22
Eternal Forward Momentum
User Info.
As one of those affected, I can only say i'm glad he's alright and things are recovering. But FUCK MAN! Been lookin' forward to seeing Circa Survive for years, this would've been my first show, so, super bummed.
05:29 PM on 10/22/12
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That's a really sucky injury. Hope he gets better soon.
05:39 PM on 10/22/12
Mr.Kilgannon
Illuminate
User Info.
It was a bummer to have the show cancelled, but I completely understand and I'm just glad that he's alright and it wasn't something even worse.

At least we got a Touche and Balance show though. Circa will definitely come back sometime soon.
05:55 PM on 10/22/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I don't think "somehow" will appease most users on this website.
05:58 PM on 10/22/12
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
I don't think "somehow" will appease most users on this website.
Whatever, Anthony busts his ass out there and gives it his all every night. If that isn't a good enough reasoning for them then they can fuck off.
06:09 PM on 10/22/12
ibelieveinjake
i have a headache
User Info.
^ Truth.
06:31 PM on 10/22/12
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
seeing them friday. Should be a good show. I don't know how you break a rib though without knowing what you did.
06:47 PM on 10/22/12
llluminate
User Info.
Seriously impressed that he finished the Chicago show with a cracked rib. Love the dedication to his fans and his music.
07:43 PM on 10/22/12
evanmeindl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Glad to hear he'll be fully recovered soon. Love this guy. So stoked for Cleveland on Wednesday
07:48 PM on 10/22/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
The man's a trooper.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT