Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Tigers in 4
08:47 AM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
I don't understand why so many more people seem to be rooting for San Francisco than Detroit when the Giants won the WS two years ago and the Tigers haven't won one in almost thirty years. Also how can you not like Justin Verlander?
09:32 AM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
NBA blows, that shit is whack
10:36 AM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
IT's mostly just the people from around SF that I see rooting for the Giants. Everyone else is up Verlander's rear end. He's pitching against my team, that's how I can not like him. After next week, his likability with me will be up for review again.

Yeah if you're a Giants fan, then duh that's one thing haha. But it seems like there are a fair amount of people on here not from SF rooting for the Giants and several of my friends are as well...
11:58 AM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
That's why you root for a good series either way. If we break it down to individuals, one could make the argument for guys like Marco Scutaro and Ryan Vogelsong (whose story over the past few years is nothing short of incredible) as two players that can be easily likable as well.

I think either way, there are going to be players getting rings that definitely deserve them. And if Verlander doesn't get a ring this time, I think it's fair to say that this won't be his last go-around in the World Series (hopefully, at least).

To lay it all out on table haha, I also feel bad for Tigers fans because we beat them pretty badly in 2006 and they're a franchise that (for whatever reason) I like to see do well. So that's part of my personal motivation for rooting for them.
06:48 PM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Fair enough.

This is coming from a die-hard Giants fan: if the Tigers beat the Giants, I will sleep fine at night. Maybe 2010 is still fresh in my mind, but I feel like winning the NL Pennant made this a successful season for SF and it'll only be icing on the cake to win it all (of course, I'll root hard for them to do it). But at the same time, from a baseball fan standpoint, I remember how good 2010 made me feel and I'd be happy to see Detroit fans (and I do have a couple Tigers fans in my classes) experience the same if the Tigers win this year.

I just hope for a good series. No sweeps! Let's go 7!

Yeah man I feel you 100%. As a Cards fan this year, my team had a whole lot to prove obviously, and everything past winning that playoff game with the Braves was icing in my book. So likewise, as disheartening as it was to watch us fall apart in y'all's hands, I'm not losing any sleep over this season. We made another great run after losing a Hall of Fame shoo-in manager and slugger, with our ace being hurt most of the season, as well as our best hitter from 2011 hurt. I'll take it.

Yeah man! But I have a feeling Detroit might make short work of you guys like the Yanks if they get rolling, sorry.
07:11 PM on 10/28/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
This is the first time all Series I've been even mildly excited by what's going on on my TV screen
08:44 PM on 10/28/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Fuck. Welp wouldn't be surprised if this is it for Los Tigres
08:52 PM on 10/28/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Yawn.