Username
Password
Streetlight Manifesto News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Streetlight Manifesto
Inside AP.net

Streetlight Manifesto Postpone Release Date

Posted by: Jason Tate (10/24/12)
Streetlight Manifesto have postponed their album release date.
Message From The BandSo, first off, I’d like to apologize to everyone who has been waiting for this record to come out as originally announced, on Nov 6th. I’d normally say “on behalf of everyone in Streetlight” but that’d be misleading. I am entirely and solely at fault for the delay of these records and I take full responsibilty for it. I simply put too much on my plate and lined up too many deadlines and tours, and I just couldn’t finish everything in time, between writing, recording, planning and my now notorious but unavoidable tendency to remix, rewrite and, in general, redo everything a few times before it’s “just right”. We announced the album prematurely and in a rush because of a number of factors that lined up in August, and since then I was unable to meet some critical deadlines in order to get the records handed in in time for a Nov 6th release. As the time continued to tick by, I tried to line up a slightly later release date, but I failed in meeting the deadlines for that date as well. I was waiting to announce the delay until we had a certain, solid release date but that just hasn’t happened yet for a number of reasons, so it’s time to let the cat out of the bag: We’re looking at January of 2013 as of now. As soon as I know anything, we’ll be announcing it on our site and to try to make it up to you guys as best we can, all preorders will ship with a special gift, one that will hopefully ease the frustration of the prolonged wait.

In the meantime, we are on tour, playing a number of new songs from the album, and we’ll be sharing live versions of the songs soon, as well as (finally) some proper samples from the record(s).

Once again, I humbly and whole heartedly apologize for the delay. I’ve let down our fans, and I’ve let down the other members of Streetlight, with my constant remixing, rewriting, starting again from scratch and making promises i end up unable to meet. I am sorry.

Submitted by takeaction

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26.
10:01 AM on 10/24/12
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
Kind of bummed that it got pushed back, but I'll wait a little longer. None of their albums have disappointed me yet, so I know it'll be great. Hopefully this means the vinyl will actually release when the album does now.
10:07 AM on 10/24/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Interesting explanation
10:21 AM on 10/24/12
Sikbeat37
You like music too? Woah.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It wouldn't be a true Streetlight album without a release delay.
10:35 AM on 10/24/12
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
Can't say I'm surprised by this at all but I know it will be worth the wait.
10:35 AM on 10/24/12
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
I don't like the way that these messages always seem to carry a tone of "I was just trying too hard" -- a professional musician should know how to manage his life by now.

Normally these delays are disappointing, but this one just irks me.
I know what the obvious responses to my opinion are, but I just fundamentally think that if you care about your fans as much as Tom has always said he does (and which I do still think he does), you wouldn't do this again and again and again... and again. A release date is promise, and in most relationships, consistently breaking the only promises you make is a pretty fucked up thing to do.
10:45 AM on 10/24/12
Blen
User Info.
This sucks, but Tom's a perfectionist. He's never really written a bad song. If he feels like he needs more time to make these songs sound the way he wants them to sound, then I'll back him. Yeah he's only written 3 albums in the span of nine years. But think about how good they are. This new album will not be disappointing.
11:01 AM on 10/24/12
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
The worst news... I guess it's my most anticipated for 2013 now

But I'm sure January will turn into June.
11:03 AM on 10/24/12
phillycheese37
I'll be back around
User Info.
I don't like the way that these messages always seem to carry a tone of "I was just trying too hard" -- a professional musician should know how to manage his life by now.

Normally these delays are disappointing, but this one just irks me.
I know what the obvious responses to my opinion are, but I just fundamentally think that if you care about your fans as much as Tom has always said he does (and which I do still think he does), you wouldn't do this again and again and again... and again. A release date is promise, and in most relationships, consistently breaking the only promises you make is a pretty fucked up thing to do.
Do you want a shitty album now, or a complete album in a few months?
11:07 AM on 10/24/12
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Get ya shit together soooonnnnnnn
11:19 AM on 10/24/12
csav12
User Info.
Not surprised.
12:08 PM on 10/24/12
get up kidd
I refuse to sink
User Info.
12:10 PM on 10/24/12
VanMastaIteHab
User Info.
This sucks, and I'm now kind of disappointed that I already bought my tickets to see them in a few weeks. I mean, the show will still be great, but it's going to be the same one I've been seeing for the last 3-4 years.
12:14 PM on 10/24/12
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
This is taking forever.
01:19 PM on 10/24/12
Atavistic
User Info.
no one should be surprised by this
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music